New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Display Names
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:34 pm 
Legal Member

Unfortunately this did not show up during the live game but can be seen for the next week on buzztime's hall of fame site. So you can change your display name that shows on your game. I had gone as Timmy and finally decided to switch to Tim. Then Mitt Romney had to open his mouth about possibly getting rid of PBS. My display name SAVPBS.

Post subject: Re: Display Names
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

timmy879 wrote:
Unfortunately this did not show up during the live game but can be seen for the next week on buzztime's hall of fame site. So you can change your display name that shows on your game. I had gone as Timmy and finally decided to switch to Tim. Then Mitt Romney had to open his mouth about possibly getting rid of PBS. My display name SAVPBS.

Not a political debate, merely a correction:
No one is planning on "possibly getting rid of PBS".
He would merely stop providing taxpayer funds to it which would represent around 15% of PBS' yearly income.
Given that this amount will most likely be replaced by viewer donations, perhaps your new handle should be the more accurately descriptive PAYPBS.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:09 am 
Legal Member

Just changed it thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

spotes wrote:
timmy879 wrote:

He would merely stop providing taxpayer funds to it which would represent around 15% of PBS' yearly income.
Given that this amount will most likely be replaced by viewer donations, perhaps your new handle should be the more accurately descriptive PAYPBS.

Which, as far as balancing the budget goes, is like deleting notepad and text files to free up space on a 500GB hard drive

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
spotes wrote:

Which, as far as balancing the budget goes, is like deleting notepad and text files to free up space on a 500GB hard drive

I don't sit in on the economic policy meetings of Romney, but I suspect they might also plan on removing Media Center, various MS programs and a crapload of standard application programs. :o :D
I don't really care about the political/economic ramifications of these measures.
All I was really concerned with was accuracy of statement.
Another big reason I never made it through politician school. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:05 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

spotes wrote:
pengwn wrote:
spotes wrote:

I don't sit in on the economic policy meetings of Romney, but I suspect they might also plan on removing Media Center, various MS programs and a crapload of standard application programs. :o :D
I don't really care about the political/economic ramifications of these measures.
All I was really concerned with was accuracy of statement.
Another big reason I never made it through politician school. :mrgreen:

I'm a little concerned aboot what the US does, since Canada's still so heavily tied in trade. We certainly feel ripple effects off your economic tides, eh