New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Topix at West Park Station
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:36 pm 
Centenarian

November 21, 2013 found me making my way to West Park Station in Cleveland. West Park Station is over 20 miles away, so I've been slacking somewhat on my play with the team there.

When I walked in, the CBS Radio FM sports talk station was hosting the Rob Chudzinski (head coach of the Cleveland Browns) Show along with one of the players live from the bar. I paid it no mind, as our own team had a job to do.

We played Thursday Six, finishing 2nd in North America, and the radio show was over. But, I had made the decision to drive more than 20 miles from a distant exurb to the city of Cleveland proper to play Topix that night, which was "Fall Football."

After the radio show, several Browns coaches and their companions had been seated at the table behind us, and prior to the game, I wished one of the assistants "Good luck and good skill this season," on my way to a pee break, to which he said "Thanks."

Well, except for the name of the Mississippi State marching band and the name of the trophy given to the University of Texas vs. Oklahoma University football winner, we nailed them all, including my contributions of "No Name Defense," "The Future Is Now," and "The Lonely End," and maybe one or two others.

West Park Station won that Topix game, and the table of Browns personnel and associates behind us applauded us!