New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: So, who's the moron?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:40 pm 
Centenarian

Last year at my homesite, we were one board short of a quorum of five players for Six, so I grabbed an extra board and signed in as MORON.

Another player there, a very intelligent man in fact, saw the "new player" and on every break in the action, he was looking all around the bar for MORON. The other two players had seen MORON there before, and didn't let him in on the secret. As the rounds went on, he asked the bartender "Who's MORON?," and she feigned ignorance while it was all I could to to repress laughter.

At the end of the marathon round, I was holding a solid lead over the rest of the pack, with MORON close behind in second place. Once again, we heard "Who's MORON?," and this time, I could not help laughing hysterically, along with the other two players who were in on it.

I and my two Playmakers were sitting three seats to the left of him the entire time! He had a total facepalm moment, but by the end of the game, he was laughing as hard as we were.

The next time I saw him, I said "MORON might come and play tonight," to which he responded, "You're looking at him!"

Post subject: Re: So, who's the moron?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:01 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Its nice that he was such a good sport.

Great story.

Post subject: FSHMAN often does that too...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FSHMAN often does that too... He is a great trivia player, and loves to create new handles between games that get the rest of us looking around trying to figure out who the new smart guy is, who is winning the game.

Post subject: Re: FSHMAN often does that too...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:17 am 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
FSHMAN often does that too... He is a great trivia player, and loves to create new handles between games that get the rest of us looking around trying to figure out who the new smart guy is, who is winning the game.

Yea, well the problem is most of the handles he creates are political in nature, and start with "F"

Post subject: Yeah, but we still love him...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Yea, well the problem is most of the handles he creates are political in nature, and start with "F"

Yeah, but we still love him. Perhaps he suffers from a political version of the Peter Pan syndrome. I don't care if he does, and if he walked into the bar and yelled out, "Everyone, clap your hands to save Tinker Bell!", I'd put my beer down in a heartbeat, and clap as loudly as I could.

(YODA, somehow I think we are hijacking this thread in a direction that it wasn't intended to go.)

Post subject: Re: So, who's the moron?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:58 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Seems like I remember a tale years ago about something like this happening at a bar but can't remember the details. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to play as YRDADY, IDIOT or MORON, but never tried. Now, apparently with people playing as guests soon to have to chose pre-fab'ed names (see another thread), I guess I'll never know.