New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Cheating the System
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
The way to stop these cheaters is to get BT to reset the bar's computer remotely from Carlsbad. Or call the bar and ask them to reboot. That will get the computer clock back on time with most everyone else. No Lag...cheating stops. As we saw Nobles in Baltimore quit cheating the last 2 Wed. when they didn't have the lag anymore.

I experiment with the smartphone today during Lunchtime and it demonstrated that the lag between B-Dubs of O'Fallon, IL and Baxters in Fairview Heights, IL was extremely unfavorable for legit players. Another thing I discovered that you can play two places with the same username. One with the regular playmaker and another with your smartphone, WITHOUT LOGGING OUT ONE OR THE OTHER and the highest score among two only counts in your online stats. But if you log in the same username in your app in the place you're at, it logs out your bar playmaker.

My home bar, Baxters was closed for lunch. It opened at 4p today due to the 4th of July weekend and the Fair St Louis event under the Gateway Arch. So I end up at B-Dubs. ROMEOD/ROMEOT pulled his stunt again, logged in at Baxters w/o playing at the site he is at, so I decided to use my app and logged in there to combat him and score higher than him while I played the other boxes at B-Dubs.

All of this needed to be correct as soon as possible so trivia playing can be legit.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

MitchWolf wrote:
My home bar, Baxters was closed for lunch. It opened at 4p today due to the 4th of July weekend and the Fair St Louis event under the Gateway Arch. So I end up at B-Dubs. ROMEOD/ROMEOT pulled his stunt again, logged in at Baxters w/o playing at the site he is at, so I decided to use my app and logged in there to combat him and score higher than him while I played the other boxes at B-Dubs.

Your guy is early-mid 60s, white hair, frequently wears a ball cap and sits at a table in the bar area. "Juliet", his wife has (had) dark red hair. He can be charming, but I've noticed leaves quickly when beat one or two games.

Off topic what do you think of players who log-off and leave as soon as somebody they consider better enters the bar? The phone scam can really help these people's ego.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:51 am 
Lotsa Posta

Jim wrote:

Off topic what do you think of players who log-off and leave as soon as somebody they consider better enters the bar? The phone scam can really help these people's ego.

I don't understand people using the phone cheat in the first place. It seems like buying a book of crossword puzzles and filling in the puzzles by flipping to the answer key and transcribing the answers. I guess to the sort of person who'd do that, being beaten once or twice would be grounds for logging out?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:23 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jim wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:
...Off topic what do you think of players who log-off and leave as soon as somebody they consider better enters the bar? ...

I know of a few players who are likely to leave when a good player enters the bar. (And I have no reason to believe they cheat at trivia.) I think they should just forget about that other person and play on, although that is probably easier said than done.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jim wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:

Your guy is early-mid 60s, white hair, frequently wears a ball cap and sits at a table in the bar area. "Juliet", his wife has (had) dark red hair. He can be charming, but I've noticed leaves quickly when beat one or two games.

Thanx for the description, Jim. I found out that Baxters got their computers lagging behind. Someone experimented his mobile playmaker at Hooters and this is what he said to his friend who then told me:

he said there was enough lag at baxters on CD but not much on BTT
and he tried BWW (in O'fallon) which was on same time
so it looks like baxters clock is behind everyone

Once I tell the owners of this, I hope we can nip the metro east lag in the bud.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:09 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Reboot the computer Mitch, it should then be back on time. Probably a good thing to do once a month. Then go around to the other bars in the area that this guy is phone lagging at and get the computer rebooted there. He'll be out of business.

BT should be doing this not the players. But it's always been up to the players to fix most of BT's problems. :roll:

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Reboot the computer Mitch, it should then be back on time. Probably a good thing to do once a month. Then go around to the other bars in the area that this guy is phone lagging at and get the computer rebooted there. He'll be out of business.

BT should be doing this not the players. But it's always been up to the players to fix most of BT's problems. :roll:

A month ago it was rebooting by itself in middle of the game a couple of times. I need Buzztime to correct this so we know its done right.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:17 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

In an interesting run of luck, Eric of BWW Ironton, OH visited BWW Huntington, WV, and had 61 out of 62 correct answers playing solo on five boxes from 11:30 to 1:30 Eastern on Sunday, July 3.

Eric gets roughly 78% of questions right at first hit. You can check his profile to confirm that. The odds of a player getting that lucky are roughly one in 265,000. In two hours he racked up 38 perfect scores for his five boxes. That's exceptional...frankly, extraordinary...for a solo player.

There have been well-documented cases of Googie cheating at BWW Ironton and local sites. Eric has desperately begged to be excused from such claims. I confronted Eric with the evidence, and I asked that we make the time to get together at his site, just so that he could prove that 38 perfect boxes in two hours wasn't out of line with his skill at Buzztime.

He said "Yes," but he also called Tiffany (teverett) to PM me to get me to back off. I asked Tiffany to resolve the issue within an hour if she wanted me to keep the issue private, given that Eric had not done so. Tiffany has, perhaps prudently, removed herself from the issue.

I wasn't there at BWW Huntington to see Eric rack up 38 perfect scores solo in two hours. I don't know if he cheated. I do know that the odds are around 265,000 to one against his doing this without cheating, and I know that others have cheated at his site.

I regret that Eric called Tiffany. I had wanted to keep this private. He didn't do that.

Eric, I believe that you cheat at Buzztime. I wouldn't care, except that it's tough to compete against consecutive perfect scores. That's not fair for the rest of us.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:13 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

ERIC wrote:
I did not cheat. I told you before that I thought the questions were easy. And with the lack of pop culture in the questions. It's easy to get a perfect in Lunchtime trivia. And the level the questions were, plus as many questions as I see when I play, there are going to be repeats. I played 6 Blue playmakers at BWW Huntington. I did not cheat.

Then why are you normally so much worse at the same games, Eric?

This isn't a one-in-a-hundred run of good luck. Given your normal scores, this is more than a once-in-a-lifetime run of good luck. This was a once-in-ten-lifetimes run of good luck. At that point it attracts attention.

These weren't games with easy questions. I was playing: I was getting embarrassed until leader boards were posted, when it became evident that the questions were just ridiculous. But you kept posting a perfect site score, Eric. Even given the normal edge you get from repeat questions, that was absurd. It wasn't luck, Eric: you cheated.

Buzztime Community: go back to the time and game at sites you know. Look at how the players you know and respect did. Getting 61 of 62 questions consecutively right from 11:30 to 1:30 Eastern Time on Sunday, July 3, was beyond the reach of any team, let alone any player. Eric cheated.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:25 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

ERIC wrote:
WB TANAKA wrote:
ERIC wrote:
I did not cheat. I told you before that I thought the questions were easy. And with the lack of pop culture in the questions. It's easy to get a perfect in Lunchtime trivia. And the level the questions were, plus as many questions as I see when I play, there are going to be repeats. I played 6 Blue playmakers at BWW Huntington. I did not cheat.

Then why are you normally so much worse at the same games, Eric?

I simply told you there wasn't all the stupid movie and pop culture crap Laiden throught the games. It was decent questions and I thought the games were easy. Almost every single game that was played during that time had multiple perfect scores. And that's a fact.

Cite the other Buzztime locations with multiple perfect scores. You saw the leader boards. Link to the other sites doing as well as you were.

(For those of you playing along at home, there is no other site matching Eric's performance over two hours. Let's see what he posts.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:36 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

ERIC wrote:
Are you serious? Lunchtime doesn't always have large concentrations of teams on Sunday. Most Lunchtime trivia players play solo. That is a fact.

Are you reading what I write?

1) Your scores are out of line with your normal scores, the scores you post knowing previous questions and taking advantage of repeat questions.

2) I invite other posters to check their friends' scores. I'm inviting benchmarking. You were playing solo; let's see how other solo players did...and how many approached 61 of 62 correct answers.

Here's what I think, Eric: you're screwed. Let me quote you from your PM:

"You falsely accused me. And I've lost all respect for you.

I played 100% honest. The questions were easy. And you slandered me on this site. You make a Terrible mistake."

Slander? I cited statistics. Now the burden of proof is on you. Prove your innocence...once you accuse wrongdoing, the burden of proof shifts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:45 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

ERIC wrote:
My burdon of proof was Tiffany. I was talking to her about Triviapalooza during the games. She knows I don't cheat and I even told her the questions were easy. You caused false turmoil, you will eat your words.

Setting aside that you cannot spell, your assertion that you considered the games easy could easily be a cover for phone-app cheating.

Buzztime Community: Check how your local heroes did in these "easy" games. One perfect score is luck; 38 perfect boxes and 61 of 62 questions right is unusual for any solo player.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:59 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

ERIC wrote:
PROOF that I didn't cheat.

Wanna Fight Stats with Stats? thinking I'm App phone cheating.. Here you go!

Check EVERY SINGLE site in my area..

BWW Ironton - Last Lunchtime Trivia Stats of playing - July 2nd
End Zone - May 11th
O Malleys Huntington - June 6th
St Marks - Jan 17th
RJ Kahunas - July 1st
Ashland Elks - July 1st
D Rays Montanna grille - no longer in business.

It's obvious as crap that I didn't cheat. Check the gameplay history of these sites and see for yourself.

Actually, I decided to try every site within cell phone range on a good wave propagation day. Cell phones (while not the ONLY means of cheating on Lunchtime Trivia, as Rogue would attest under oath) can carry very considerable distances in valleys and down rivers under certain atmospheric conditions.

BWW Parkersburg, well up the river, had just one player playing through the relevant hours: a player account from Ashland, OH, right next door to you, whose history bounced frequently from your neck of the woods up north and back again. For a new account, it gets frequent use, too.

Without a GPS max on the Playmaker app, that remains a possibility, as does a telephone relay of answers. Sorry, Eric, you're just not good enough to get 61 of 62 questions right without raising suspicions, and your attempt to claim that the games were easy and that everybody was doing well, when they were not, made it worse.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:06 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

Gentlemen,

I asked once. This thread will now be locked. If you again attempt to use Scaratings to start public arguments about other Scaratings members, I will ban you.

You can handle these issues through private message, or go post them in other places that are OK with their members treating each other poorly.

Thanks,

Management

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5