New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cheating the System
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Wasn't MICHGN involved with a couple of fishy incidents a few years back? For instance, there was a 10-question specialty game where he somehow was credited with a score over 10K - in other words, more than the maximum possible score.

He also somehow hacked his BT avatar into what seems to be a distorted picture of someome flipping both of his middle fingers.

This guy seems to definitely be bad news.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Way too many cheats to even bother with promotions like this.

Pitiful.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:49 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

Gentlemans and Ladies,

A few people have begun bothering me about this thread by e-mail and telephone. Please try to keep the tenor of the things as fair as possible.

I do not have the time at the moment to go through all the private messages and past posts on Scaratings, but if the complaints continue, I'm going to lock the thread.

If half of what has been related to me (which I can't find any evidence of in a 5 minute post-clicking excursion) is true, I'm going to ban a few of you, too.

Please cool it. And remember -- don't be a dick.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:20 pm 
Centenarian

So instead of actually taking the time to see what certain people are complaining about, you're just going into every thread topic and accusing everyone else of being dicks?? And to behave or you'll ban them? Seriously? If you take the time to actually read this thread there is nothing in it besides some stats and questions about play behavior....hopefully encouraging Buzztime to fix things and take care of app cheats. How is that being dicks?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:33 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

TOOTS wrote:
So instead of actually taking the time to see what certain people are complaining about, you're just going into every thread topic and accusing everyone else of being dicks?? And to behave or you'll ban them? Seriously? If you take the time to actually read this thread there is nothing in it besides some stats and questions about play behavior....hopefully encouraging Buzztime to fix things and take care of app cheats. How is that being dicks?

Toots, some of the comments have been copied to me in IM or e-mail. Unfortunately, excluding one actual "reported" message (the ones that get actually flagged in the system), the description of "the cheating thread" doesn't really help, as it appears to be being discussed in multiple threads.

Regarding the other threads I've commented on, specifically the two politics threads and the Googie thread, I did read those, and yes, people are indeed being dicks, as related to me.

If there are indeed no dick comments here, then those of you in this thread, who are the same people in the other threads, have my apologies, for this thread. But please stop being dicks in the other ones.

To clarify, when we begin getting PMs, e-mails, phone calls -- and even interrupted while physically playing trivia, there is an issue, whether everyone agrees or not.

Our stated goal, originally, was for the Scaratings to be a place for people to communicate, and have fun, and that we would not tolerate it devolving into the same state as the Buzztime forums. I keep with that. No one has to like the way that plan is implemented. It doesn't particularly matter, as we aren't paid for this (in fact, Scar pays money for people to use this site), and there's direct correlation between the amount of time needed to spend dealing with moderating issues and the likelihood that the site will be shut down.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:54 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Quote:
So instead of actually taking the time to see what certain people are complaining about, you're just going

If I was as cool as LILCOOL, er LILJOL :lol: , I'd insert an art work sign here depicting Joe's fruit store on Seinfeld:
"From This Moment, You're Banned From The Store!" :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
Quote:
So instead of actually taking the time to see what certain people are complaining about, you're just going

If I was as cool as LILCOOL, er LILJOL :lol: , I'd insert an art work sign here depicting Joe's fruit store on Seinfeld:

Image Image Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:21 pm 
Centenarian

poman wrote:
Quote:

NO FRIUT FOR YOU!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
TOOTS wrote:

Toots, some of the comments have been copied to me in IM or e-mail. Unfortunately, excluding one actual "reported" message (the ones that get actually flagged in the system), the description of "the cheating thread" doesn't really help, as it appears to be being discussed in multiple threads.

Regarding the other threads I've commented on, specifically the two politics threads and the Googie thread, I did read those, and yes, people are indeed being dicks, as related to me.

If there are indeed no dick comments here, then those of you in this thread, who are the same people in the other threads, have my apologies, for this thread. But please stop being dicks in the other ones.

To clarify, when we begin getting PMs, e-mails, phone calls -- and even interrupted while physically playing trivia, there is an issue, whether everyone agrees or not.

Our stated goal, originally, was for the Scaratings to be a place for people to communicate, and have fun, and that we would not tolerate it devolving into the same state as the Buzztime forums. I keep with that. No one has to like the way that plan is implemented. It doesn't particularly matter, as we aren't paid for this (in fact, Scar pays money for people to use this site), and there's direct correlation between the amount of time needed to spend dealing with moderating issues and the likelihood that the site will be shut down.

Dante, I am am impressed. You actually care about us posters on your and Scar's site. Do not worry, most of us have survived name calling and other shit. The truth will out. Do not edit or censor.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:58 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

FrankC wrote:
Dante wrote:
TOOTS wrote:

Dante, I am am impressed. You actually care about us posters on your and Scar's site. Do not worry, most of us have survived name calling and other shit. The truth will out. Do not edit or censor.

I don't think we've ever edited or censored anything, except maybe (???) one time someone had an image they had linked get switched to something nasty by the webhost. Could be wrong. Scaratings has been around a very long time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

It's Wed. already, so does anyone think BT has done anything about the SIX phone cheaters at Nobles Baltimore.

Mitch did post on facebook about the cheating at Nobles and resetting their computer to get the clock back on time with everyone else. BT said they would look into it, we'll see how it goes tonight.

If they get away with it this week that will be the 3rd excellent score and they will be set for getting to the next round.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bud, Bud, Bud...
If BT solves the problem NOW, they can't invalidate a potential winning bar and not have to give out a prize LATER.

I guess you can kiss your career in corporate marketing goodbye. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
Bud, Bud, Bud...
If BT solves the problem NOW, they can't invalidate a potential winning bar and not have to give out a prize LATER.

I guess you can kiss your career in corporate marketing goodbye. :D

No monkey man, I'm saying put Nobles computer back on schedule with everyone else and they will not get a huge score tonight and we'll let them get away with those 1st 2 weeks cheating bogus ass phone lag Mother F#$#%ers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:52 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_profile.php?pid=13801284

:D

only 2 players at Nobles last time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zzuupp wrote:

Yeah that's what I thought might happen after I called Nobles around 7:30 eastern.
I talked to the bartender who said there was a team of players there.
I told her I was coming in to play with them because they were doing so well and asked her to ask the players to save me a seat with them. :mrgreen:

The perpetrators must have straightened up instead of waiting around for me see them in action with the phones.
It was MICHGN & NIZZLE with no phone app players as there had been the 1st two weeks. MICHGN scored 39k less this week & NIZZLE 47k less...very telling.

Of course I had no intention of driving up there.
However, they have plenty of weeks left to get back into the shenanigans.

OR BT did look into the situation, after the facebook post, and reset Nobles computer clock back in line with everyone else. The players realized they had no advantage this week and didn't bother to play with the phones.

Thank you to BT if that is the case.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:18 pm 
Himself Fodder

And of course this douchebag is still at it in SF.

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... =78&stp=av
http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... pid=216753

BO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

It seems MICHGN only played 15 questions of SIX last night. Did they try to reboot to get a delay in the computer or quit after 15 qs when they saw they had no time lag advantage?

His avatar now says "FAIL" instead of a face, how did he hack that into the system? He must have access to the computer at Nobles to get that in there. This makes the phone lag gambit quite easy to pull off.

Checkout MICHGN's avatar & scores:
http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... stp=gh&d=0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:43 pm 
Himself Fodder

Good find BUD. I love it when BT nails these jackwagons to the wall.

Would be so nice if this is the impetus towards closing all the known loopholes.

BO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Good find BUD. I love it when BT nails these jackwagons to the wall.

Would be so nice if this is the impetus towards closing all the known loopholes.

BO

These jackwagons (HOHO, MICHGN, & ROMEO) will someday will be put in their place.

Using their smartphones to take advantage on legal players with their cheating.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:56 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BUD wrote:
It seems MICHGN only played 15 questions of SIX last night. Did they try to reboot to get a delay in the computer or quit after 15 qs when they saw they had no time lag advantage?

His avatar now says "FAIL" instead of a face, how did he hack that into the system? He must have access to the computer at Nobles to get that in there. This makes the phone lag gambit quite easy to pull off.

Checkout MICHGN's avatar & scores:
http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... stp=gh&d=0

When I saw that avatar, I was hoping it was the buzzies who made the change.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:51 pm 
Himself Fodder

This time cheated for a location score and only managed 20th in Six last Wednesday. At least the place in Maryland was cracking 60k!

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_hof_ ... &sid=36876

BO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Mitch's Corner in South Bend is phone hacking through BWW-Mishawaka and is also doing a lousy job of it.
How proud they must feel... cheating their way to mediocrity.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:51 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

spotes wrote:
Mitch's Corner in South Bend is phone hacking through BWW-Mishawaka and is also doing a lousy job of it.

Perhaps Buzztime should just remove scores by phone from the online rankings.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:12 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

spotes wrote:

Really? Didna know that. Saw a bunch of medals and assumed legit, but on further review the anchor players do have that strange combination of many medals and pedestrian averages that usually means frequent but not continuous shenanigans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:49 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The way to stop these cheaters is to get BT to reset the bar's computer remotely from Carlsbad. Or call the bar and ask them to reboot. That will get the computer clock back on time with most everyone else. No Lag...cheating stops. As we saw Nobles in Baltimore quit cheating the last 2 Wed. when they didn't have the lag anymore.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next