New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BWW Joplin, Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:56 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Has anybody on this Board had the pleasure of playing with the team from BWW Joplin?

Over the past several weeks the top three BWW sites have been TIEFLY's BWW Bridgeport, LUREED's BWW Kingsport, and BWW Farmville. I was glancing at standings today and BWW Joplin has surged ahead of all three of those sites, largely due to eight players registering 38 Gold Medals in a three-hour span of time on Saturday, September 14.

That's some pretty impressive game play. I've seen that done at Triviapalooza and the WVBTO; I've done that well myself with AKBAR and his friends in one magic stretch of games about a year ago; I've seen leading sites' leading players put together Gold Medal runs of that caliber. But I've never seen a group of players whom I don't know by reputation do that well, and BWW Joplin was averaging less than one Gold Medal a day until that run.

The reviews of the site are good...does anybody know how they're doing it or who the key players are?

Post subject: Re: BWW Joplin, Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:35 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Buzztime has been running repeat countdown games prior to the premium games for the past week.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Maybe not entire repeated games, but for damned sure a large number of regurgitated questions, for not only Countdown, but also Lunchtime (and, based on my very limited experience, The Late Shift). :roll:

And, FWIW, the number of gold medals for the highest ranking BWW is not more than at least one individual player. :o

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:50 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

lewser wrote:
Buzztime has been running repeat countdown games prior to the premium games for the past week.

liljol wrote:
Well, hell. Maybe not entire repeated games, but for damned sure a large number of regurgitated questions, for not only Countdown, but also Lunchtime (and, based on my very limited experience, The Late Shift).

Thanks, guys. Complete repeated blocks of questions would account for the pattern I'm seeing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:56 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

liljol wrote:
And, FWIW, the number of gold medals for the highest ranking BWW is not more than at least one individual player. :o

I know! There could be more than one, but the one account I check occasionally has about a hundred more Gold Medals than my site does.

And would you believe that he, playing one box, has over 500 more Countdown Games played than my entire site has played...and it's possible that there's been some multi-boxing at my site just to get within 600 games played of that guy? :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:41 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

lewser wrote:

Really? Haven't seen that yet around here. We played Wed and Sat, had all new CD games before the premiums.

Has BT been notified of this?

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:05 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
lewser wrote:

Really? Haven't seen that yet around here. We played Wed and Sat, had all new CD games before the premiums.

Has BT been notified of this?

They have been notified. I have confirmed it is all over the place, that just makes my part of the country play repeats ALL day instead of just a couple of hours. It is easier for me to spot when I only play one day a week, but when I mentioned it I had many people confirm it as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Something tells me that whomever at NTN Buzztime is responsible for programming/sequencing the general games could have been out for a few days. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:54 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
lewser wrote:

They were definitely repeated on Saturday. And I think they are entire blocks of games. Maybe not from the previous Saturday night, but from a Saturday night within the past four weeks. I was also told it's been going on all week. This seemingly happens a couple times a year with buzztime. I'm guessing it happens because their Countdown server gets stuck and it just kicks back to a previous week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
BUD wrote:
lewser wrote:

They were definitely repeated on Saturday. And I think they are entire blocks of games. Maybe not from the previous Saturday night, but from a Saturday night within the past four weeks. I was also told it's been going on all week. This seemingly happens a couple times a year with buzztime. I'm guessing it happens because their Countdown server gets stuck and it just kicks back to a previous week.

Oh...repeats from 2 to 4 weeks ago on Sat. Guess we didn't see the 1st run, we don't play every Sat.
But we do play every Wed and didn't remember seeing any of the Qs before last Wed. I'll watch carefully tonight now that I know about it.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:49 pm 
Himself Fodder

BUD wrote:
Oh...repeats from 2 to 4 weeks ago on Sat. Guess we didn't see the 1st run, we don't play every Sat.
But we do play every Wed and didn't remember seeing any of the Qs before last Wed. I'll watch carefully tonight now that I know about it.

They were fresh last night, but last Tuesday they were repeats. Will probably be no issue tonight.