New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Loss of P+ Points???
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:54 pm 
Octogenarian

Anybody else out there have this problem??

I logged on the BT site today, and I LOST Players Plus Points...I had just crossed th 22M mark about 4 days ago. I log in today and I have 30,000 points LESS than 22M....should have about 30,000 MORE than 22M...I think something screwed up w/ either BT or my acct....

Anyways, if anyone else is having this problem, or can offer info, contact me via e-mail or PM via BT, as I honestly do not access this site too frequently. Thanks for any & all help & considerations in advance....

"I Just Smoked Your @$$!!!" (Jes. 4:20)

Post subject: Re: Loss of P+ Points???
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:03 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

There was a post about it on Facebook. Buzztime knows about the issue, and they are working on it.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:23 pm 
Legal Member

Nomar wrote:
There was a post about it on Facebook. Buzztime knows about the issue, and they are working on it.

I have the same issue. I didn't see anything on facebook. I thought NTN stopped posting there (or am I supposed to be friends with the gurus?)

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:30 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

megaln wrote:
Nomar wrote:

I have the same issue. I didn't see anything on facebook. I thought NTN stopped posting there (or am I supposed to be friends with the gurus?)

Yes, it was on Red's page.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:32 pm 
Legal Member

Nomar wrote:

Yes, it was on Red's page.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:16 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I didn't lose my points however someone or something changed my Handle.

After Larry/CAVMAN passed away, I changed my handle to salute him. I
planned to leave it as CAVMAN until his memorial service later this month.

Sometime after last Wednesday, BT changed my handle back to LOWFI. I don't know if it was done deliberately or by some bug in their system. Maybe someone complained or thought it was inappropriate?

I figure that if there was a complaint, I would have received a private message to explain. As one was not received, I'm guessing this was caused by the same bug

add by edit: BT's "Known Issues" section now states that changes to home site and handles was caused by the same problem as the P+ points. The site also states they hope to get the fixes in today sometime

Last edited by stevej84 on Mon May 10, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:30 am 
Lotsa Posta

A lot of players have had several thousand points disappear, including me. BT has a notice that they are looking into it. Hopefully, it won't end up with the same result of a couple years ago when a few weeks of points totally disappeared and BT apologized for losing them. We never got them and we were told that we weren't going to get them.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:56 pm 
Nonagenarian

Hey guys,

Yeah, there is something buggy going on with PP... they were putting a team on the fix first thing this morning so we should see things reverting to where they should be shortly.

I'll update when I have more info.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:32 pm 
Lotsa Posta

MaryC wrote:
Hey guys,

Yeah, there is something buggy going on with PP... they were putting a team on the fix first thing this morning so we should see things reverting to where they should be shortly.

I'll update when I have more info.

Thanks for the update. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:06 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

stevej84 wrote:
I didn't lose my points however someone or something changed my Handle.

After Larry/CAVMAN passed away, I changed my handle to salute him. I
planned to leave it as CAVMAN until his memorial service later this month.

Sometime after last Wednesday, BT changed my handle back to LOWFI. I don't know if it was done deliberately or by some bug in their system. Maybe someone complained or thought it was inappropriate?

I figure that if there was a complaint, I would have received a private message to explain. As one was not received, I'm guessing this was caused by the same bug

add by edit: BT's "Known Issues" section now states that changes to home site and handles was caused by the same problem as the P+ points. The site also states they hope to get the fixes in today sometime

My handle problem mentioned above has been corrected.

According to my bar cohorts, I am still missing P+ points. They say I passed 4.8m last week but it is showing 4.7915m currently. I didn't remember :oops:

I'd rather they fix the Showdown stat problem. Since it is during a tournament, it is vastly more important than a few thousand p+ points.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:04 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'm missing a few tens of thousands of points too.

I don't really care about the Showdown tournament.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:59 am 
Himself Fodder

ranger wrote:

If BT offered a 30 minute trivia game where the top score won a million dollars, but opposite that game they offered a 30 minute game where you received a million P+ points if you broke 10k, which one would you play? You can't play both, you can't double dip. You have to choose one or the other.

BO

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:06 am 
Lotsa Posta

-BO- wrote:
ranger wrote:

If BT offered a 30 minute trivia game where the top score won a million dollars, but opposite that game they offered a 30 minute game where you received a million P+ points if you broke 10k, which one would you play? You can't play both, you can't double dip. You have to choose one or the other.

BO

I'll take the chance at the million P+ points. The only way I could get top score in the nation is in a team effort, and even then, with the team I play on, odds are they'd still beat me to be the top in the nation. I would, however, help anyone who wanted to try for the million, and if they hit it, I'd help them enjoy their winnings.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:57 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

$1,000,000 or 1,000,000 P+?

Can I use the phone gambit? Paper references? Computers? Ken Jennings? Can the game be lag free? Do I get to use as many Playmakers as I want? Does the game have a specific theme or topic?

As a self-glorifying crapster, I know my limitations. Punk Rock game, I'm in. Twi-Hard...just give me the P+.

From participating in various promotions and tourneys, I know that I wouldn't fare well in a Showdown format, even if everyone played solo, like I do.

However, in a Countdown game, I'd go for the money. I can guess my way to a 15K game or two every month or so.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:43 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Looks like my points are back.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:01 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

ranger wrote:
Looks like my points are back.

I'm missing the points for game play at my home site on May 4th but my points for game play at another site appears to have updated yesterday. I seem to have picked up about 3,000 points that were "missing".

Maybe I have to go back to my home site to let the server communicate with the mother ship again before the database is fully recompiled. Or maybe I'm just completely ignorant of how these things work

For me its only about 8,000 points..not a significant amount. Not enough to worry about if I don't get them. If I was missing 80-100,000, I might not be as blase.

As for BO's question: Although I like the points as a rough measure of how much time I've played with these little boxes answering trivia questions, if I had to choose between points and money..I'd take the money.

Last edited by stevej84 on Fri May 14, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:27 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Jesse wrote:

I logged on the BT site today, and I LOST Players Plus Points...I had just crossed th 22M mark about 4 days ago. I log in today and I have 30,000 points LESS than 22M....should have about 30,000 MORE than 22M...I think something screwed up w/ either BT or my acct....

Anyways, if anyone else is having this problem, or can offer info, contact me via e-mail or PM via BT, as I honestly do not access this site too frequently. Thanks for any & all help & considerations in advance....

Aww, I sure miss Jesse ! Things aren't the same in Louisville without his mindset.

To paraphrase Jesse's post "I have lost P+ points. This is so important to me that I have posted here. You all please go to to the extra effort to contact me individually with a resolution as it is not important enough for me to come back here and read the thread I started."

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:41 pm 
Octogenarian

scar wrote:
Jesse wrote:

Aww, I sure miss Jesse ! Things aren't the same in Louisville without his mindset.

To paraphrase Jesse's post "I have lost P+ points. This is so important to me that I have posted here. You all please go to to the extra effort to contact me individually with a resolution as it is not important enough for me to come back here and read the thread I started."

I was just inferring that I only get on scaratings maybe once every two weeks (if that) and wasn't sure if this topic would still be discussed.....I see that it still is...... :)

"I Just Smoked Your @$$!!!" (Jes. 4:20)