New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Food & Drink
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:58 pm 

I really enjoyed the "bonus" Topix about Beer on Friday (1/8). I would love to see more questions/games centered around foods and beverages. There is an endless pool of possible questions to draw from and most players have at least a rudimentary knowledge of the subject matter. Don't know if there would be enough interest to develop a regulary scheduled, weekly game but you never know- Gusta-Trivia just might be popular! Yeah. The name might need a little work... Considering how long "Potent Potables" and similar categories have been recurring on Jeopardy!, it's proven to be a time tested and entertaining subject.

Post subject: Re: Food & Drink
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:22 pm 

fisk wrote:
I really enjoyed the "bonus" Topix about Beer on Friday (1/8). I would love to see more questions/games centered around foods and beverages. There is an endless pool of possible questions to draw from and most players have at least a rudimentary knowledge of the subject matter. Don't know if there would be enough interest to develop a regulary scheduled, weekly game but you never know- Gusta-Trivia just might be popular! Yeah. The name might need a little work... Considering how long "Potent Potables" and similar categories have been recurring on Jeopardy!, it's proven to be a time tested and entertaining subject.

Good call! I think you're right in that it's a subject most people have at least some knowledge to make it a fun game. I think it could easily be a regular weekly game. My name suggesion would be "FOOD FOR THOUGHT".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

PHINS wrote:
fisk wrote:

Good call! I think you're right in that it's a subject most people have at least some knowledge to make it a fun game. I think it could easily be a regular weekly game. My name suggesion would be "FOOD FOR THOUGHT".

Allow the restaurants to advertise one of their dishes for the day or week during the break on the game and you'd probably have a winner.

"Enjoying Food for Thought? Try our 1 pound greaseburger!" :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I agree with food specials being advertised on food trivia. I'm up with that.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Dante wrote:
PHINS wrote:
fisk wrote:

Allow the restaurants to advertise one of their dishes for the day or week during the break on the game and you'd probably have a winner.

"Enjoying Food for Thought? Try our 1 pound greaseburger!" :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:31 am 
Route

OH YEAH!
I had forgot about that lil bonus they gave us.
Still mad about missing the name of the german purity law.
Food cats would be swell, but I would like to see some all animal/insect/plant type of games.

I fear our mistakes far more than the strategy of our enemies.
-Thucydides (471-400 B.C.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:14 am 

PHINS wrote:
fisk wrote:

Good idea. The tie-in to the host establishment is another good idea. The 20-somethings might even *gasp* grab a playmaker and, you know, play it. Just keep it quiet that anybody over 40 might be interested or it'll be sure to never see the light of day, well, dark of night, uh, you know what I mean!