New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: A note for those who did not play FOX STC last night.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:29 pm 
Centenarian

ERIC wrote:
FOX Sports Trivia Challenge will NOT air next Monday (Sept. 12) due to the QB1 Monday Night Double Header. FOX Sports Trivia Challenge will return Monday (Sept. 19) at 7:30PM EST in accordance with Monday Night Football.

Me and team got this message repeatedly through last night during the game. Thought I would pass it forward to all of you.

Just curious did anyone choose either NFL legend questions or the 2nd 30-game winner question??

Here are a few from the 2nd round, the OSU questions were a joke:

1) What is the nickname of Ohio Stadium? Answer: Horseshoe
2) Why did Woody Hayes get fired? Answer: Assaulting a player
3) In French Open, from whom did Bjorn Borg rally from two sets down to defeat? Answer: Orantes
4) What pitcher was a 30-game winner three years in a row? Answer: Grover Alexander
5) Which tournament did Bjorn Borg win the most times? Answer: French Open (oddly, Davis Cup was a choice)
6) In 1995 ALDS, which mascot broke his ankle while being towed on in-line skates? Answer: Mariner Moose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:15 pm 
Centenarian

focus wrote:
ERIC wrote:
FOX Sports Trivia Challenge will NOT air next Monday (Sept. 12) due to the QB1 Monday Night Double Header. FOX Sports Trivia Challenge will return Monday (Sept. 19) at 7:30PM EST in accordance with Monday Night Football.

Me and team got this message repeatedly through last night during the game. Thought I would pass it forward to all of you.

Just curious did anyone choose either NFL legend questions or the 2nd 30-game winner question??

3) In French Open, from whom did Bjorn Borg rally from two sets down to defeat? Answer: Orantes
4) What pitcher was a 30-game winner three years in a row? Answer: Grover Alexander
5) Which tournament did Bjorn Borg win the most times? Answer: French Open (oddly, Davis Cup was a choice)
6) In 1995 ALDS, which mascot broke his ankle while being towed on in-line skates? Answer: Mariner Moose

I believe one of the NFL questions was something to the effect of "What NFL quarterback set a then season record 20 TD passes in 1929" ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:58 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Sakic listed the 2nd question. The first question (if I remember correctly) was which franchise did Steve Bartkowski star for? Atlanta FalconsI only went with one 30 game winner question.

focus wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:20 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

focus wrote:
ERIC wrote:

I know the answer to the 2nd 30 game winner question was John Clarkson, but I dont remember how the question was worded. I got it wrong and cant even remember what answer I chose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:04 am 
Centenarian

TCHCNB wrote:
I know the answer to the 2nd 30 game winner question was John Clarkson, but I dont remember how the question was worded. I got it wrong and cant even remember what answer I chose

Here's the question:

WHICH HALL OF FAME
HURLER HAD SIX 30-WIN
SEASONS TO HIS CREDIT?