New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: STC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:44 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I clicked on the schedule and it says that the last airing of STC is 10/31. Is this just the end of the Fox sports sponsorship or the end of the game?

Post subject: Re: STC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:50 am 
Himself Fodder

That would suck if it's being killed, would be nice if they move SIQ into that Monday slot though.

STC was the game that got me into BT in the summer of '92. 2nd oldest premium game.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:08 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

What the hell....................?????
TomD, any info on this?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Time for BT to fuck up another game, it is about that time right?

I guess BT is really trying to make me quit play trivia. Halfwits..

Last edited by lewser on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

guess they are stopping the same night rerun on that date

I did ask the FB site on this.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:31 pm 
U > 100 * 2

lewser wrote:
Time for BT to fuck up another game, it is about that time right?

Yep, about right, seeing as the introduction of a sports game Friday night and moving Topix to Saturday happened about a month ago, they are almost overdue to fuck something else up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:34 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

-BO- wrote:
That would suck if it's being killed, would be nice if they move SIQ into that Monday slot though.

STC was the game that got me into BT in the summer of '92. 2nd oldest premium game.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:40 pm 
Centenarian

TCHCNB wrote:
What the hell....................?????
TomD, any info on this?

I regret to say that this is true. :( Since I'm not the person who makes these decisions, I'll have to refrain from making any comments as to the reasons why.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

TomD wrote:
I regret to say that this is true. :( Since I'm not the person who makes these decisions, I'll have to refrain from making any comments as to the reasons why.

So, you get rid of one sports game so you can have one on a Friday? Does anybody in your company, present company excluded have any idea what they are doing? Is anything replacing it, or is it now a dead night?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:24 pm 
Centenarian

lewser wrote:
TomD wrote:

So, you get rid of one sports game so you can have one on a Friday? Does anybody in your company, present company excluded have any idea what they are doing? Is anything replacing it, or is it now a dead night?

I have zero to do with the programming and scheduling decisions. I pretty much find out when you guys find out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

TomD wrote:
I have zero to do with the programming and scheduling decisions. I pretty much find out when you guys find out.

Thanks, not good news, but thanks. I guess they consulted multitudes of people on this one..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The last few years with BT have been quite entertaining.
It's like watching characters in a horror movie make every wrong move or ill-advised decision possible before getting the axe.
Luckily, I majored in analogies in college...

And now my trivia oasis has shrunk to Saturday afternoons.
Thanks to the haboobs in the BT scheduling department.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:09 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

While I did not play it very much, I do not agree with this move as its clearly 1 of the more popular games. What are they going to do to replace it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:54 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:
While I did not play it very much, I do not agree with this move as its clearly 1 of the more popular games. What are they going to do to replace it?

I shudder to think. My guess, in order of likelihood:

1. An encore presentation of The Season (or maybe they'll just move it there from Friday)
2. More Buzztime Trivia
3. Some horrible new pop culture centric game

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:23 pm 
Centenarian

Seems like this is one the easier games to write and produce, so why get rid of it? How bout we switch it to a half hour game, move it to Thursday and delete Nth Degree (nothing but Countdown repeats anyways) and Immortal Words.

It wouldn't be so bad if they asked sports questions on BT/Countdown, but they don't. Movies and geography ad nauseam, but no sports questions at sports bars, hmmm...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:00 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

This really stinks. It would be nice to have an explanation from TPTB as to the rationale behind this decision, but we have no avenue to obtain anything like that anymore either.

It's very hard not to arrive at the conclusion that these guys are doing their best to run this company into the ground. Decision after decison that the regular hard-core trivia players ultimately hate and dont understand, but the "good news" from Carlsbad just keeps on coming.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:36 am 
U > 100 * 2

TCHCNB wrote:

but the "good news" from Carlsbad just keeps on coming.

That's the worst part about all this bullshit to me. When they make completely idiotic decisions that everyone complains and warns them about and they try to defend them by claiming they are "positive," it is just insulting.

"I know the transition from Countdown to BT Trivia will be strange, but the good news is, now you get 20 questions per half hour instead of 15!!"

"We know that removing Passport and replacing it with a game about celebrity gossip may not appeal to you, but we are running out of destination ideas for Passport, and the good news is we get lots of new players by introducing this new game!"

"You may think that moving QB1 and Sports IQ to a channel nobody knows how to access is a bad idea, but the good news is, now it won't interfere with trivia games!"

etc etc etc

You'd think that following fuck up after fuck up after fuck up that every single one of us successfully predicted each of, they would realize that maybe we are the people to consult. I guarantee that this decision has something to do with appealing to the younger generation, and I absolutely guarantee that it will fail at that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:00 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Buzztime just confirmed on FB that SIQ will be moving to Mondays: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Edit...mad about end of STC...not move of SIQ to Mondays...

We will be sending out more communications soon, but yes, 10/31/11 will be the last airing of Sports Trivia Challenge. After that time Sports IQ will move from Sunday to Monday to take its place (but will not be replayed later in the evening).