New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: STC 4/19: Could somebody at BT maybe pull their head out?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:43 am 
Banned

Rankings were f'd up last night (fwiw, Corrigan's had about a 23.2). So, no problem, there'll be rankings in the morning.

Except it's 9:42 pst already and there aren't. C'mon, goddamnit.

Post subject: Re: STC 4/19: Could somebody at BT maybe pull their head out?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:58 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

mr_ale wrote:
Rankings were f'd up last night (fwiw, Corrigan's had about a 23.2). So, no problem, there'll be rankings in the morning.

Did you sent a message to Buzztime, if not I did and also post on Sarge's Facebook wall.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:09 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

After 5 straight weeks of getting my a** kicked I finally responded with a good game last night (16th), so I'd kinda like to be able to see it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:32 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

This is probably related to the hacker problem that they had on Friday and Saturday which disabled the Hall of Fame completely.

As posted by a Buzztime employee here yesterday afternoon:

krazikatt wrote:
Regarding the premium games... yeah, we had a virus hit our servers and so we've seen some odd issues here and there because of it.

Note to the ale person: Don't forget that this forum isn't monitored regularly by Buzztime. You have to contact them directly if you want any action. If you don't contact them directly, you are only pissing upwind. Can cause a bit of a splash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

stevej84 wrote:
This is probably related to the hacker problem that they had on Friday and Saturday which disabled the Hall of Fame completely.

As posted by a Buzztime employee here yesterday afternoon:

krazikatt wrote:
Regarding the premium games... yeah, we had a virus hit our servers and so we've seen some odd issues here and there because of it.

Note to the ale person: Don't forget that this forum isn't monitored regularly by Buzztime. You have to contact them directly if you want any action. If you don't contact them directly, you are only pissing upwind. Can cause a bit of a splash

Enuff said, Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:05 pm 
Nonagenarian

Hey, guys,

We're pretty sure this has to do with the virus that hit our server. The tech team is working on it and I'll give a holler when all of the stats are updated!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MaryC wrote:
Hey, guys,

We're pretty sure this has to do with the virus that hit our server. The tech team is working on it and I'll give a holler when all of the stats are updated!

Sure thing Mary.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:08 pm 
Banned

It's not implausible the glitch was connected to the earlier trouble. Seems kind of strange, though, wouldn't you agree, after not only the original scores involved managed to show up, but subsequently Saturday's scores showed up perfectly fine. That's a pretty weirdly nonconsecutive hack job.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, I'm well aware this is not an official site. I'm also well aware, as you are perfectly aware, that a complaint here can yield a response, as they're nice enough to frequently look in on us.

And voila! a response this very day! My pissing directional skills aren't so bad after all!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

mr_ale wrote:

86th Street pulled a 23.9ish.
I figured that it might be top three material based on the difficulty level of the game.
But as soon as I saw that rankings weren't coming up, I knew that all you other kids were out of luck. Every time they fail to report scores, invariably, whatever bar I'm playing at has just won that premium game. The Swiss have called me many times to help set their watches by this phenomenon. ( And collect calls at that, I might add... cheap, chocolate-eating bastards...)

There were a variety of issues at play all day Monday.
Something is definitely wrong at HQ.
Wouldn't it be easier to just give this hacker a job?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:29 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
I figured that it might be top three material based on the difficulty level of the game.
But as soon as I saw that rankings weren't coming up, I knew that all you other kids were out of luck. Every time they fail to report scores, invariably, whatever bar I'm playing at has just won that premium game. The Swiss have called me many times to help set their watches by this phenomenon. ( And collect calls at that, I might add... cheap, chocolate-eating bastards...)

CHODE said he pulled a 25k, there goes that theory.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:34 pm 
lewser wrote:
spotes wrote:

Yes he had the first and second ranked scores at Metro Sports. To bad he did not log in on his account. Yesterday had KK set it up with the password as Chode has trouble doing that sort of thing. He was not logged in with his account from the top of the month of March. I logged in on his board yesterday to make sure it was set all right.

I was third (IMHERE) with a bronze medal and my WHERE or Stalker was forth. Fifth place was about 15 I think???

BT is aware and is still having troble getting it up to stay. It was for about three minutes then went down again. But I did not get to look at it when it show that fast.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:01 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I sent a PM to KK on this. Replied that BT is working on it but they didn't have an ETA yet. That hacker really did a number on them

I'm going to assume that the problems I've had with this site today are caused by the webhost service rather than a conspiracy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:06 pm 
stevej84 wrote:
I sent a PM to KK on this. Replied that BT is working on it but they didn't have an ETA yet. That hacker really did a number on them

I'm going to assume that the problems I've had with this site today are caused by the webhost service rather than a conspiracy

Yep posted on Sarge on Facebook earlier this morning.
PMed KK also last night then again this morning at nine PST and a Blog is up that no time or idea when it will be up now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:08 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

IMHERE wrote:
lewser wrote:

Yes he had the first and second ranked scores at Metro Sports. To bad he did not log in on his account. Yesterday had KK set it up with the password as Chode has trouble doing that sort of thing. He was not logged in with his account from the top of the month of March. I logged in on his board yesterday to make sure it was set all right.

I was third (IMHERE) with a bronze medal and my WHERE or Stalker was forth. Fifth place was about 15 I think???

BT is aware and is still having troble getting it up to stay. It was for about three minutes then went down again. But I did not get to look at it when it show that fast.

If their fifth place board was only 15K, even four 25Ks wouldn't pull out a #1 bar ranking.
My keen observation of the forces of the universe conspiring against me at every turn still stands... :( :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:58 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Its official I didn't get a top 100 in STC. The stats are now up this morning.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:23 am 
spotes wrote:
IMHERE wrote:
lewser wrote:

If their fifth place board was only 15K, even four 25Ks wouldn't pull out a #1 bar ranking.
My keen observation of the forces of the universe conspiring against me at every turn still stands... :( :D

Harry
Not 15K but 15 place...............
Which we did get the win.
From Harry.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

IMHERE wrote:
spotes wrote:
IMHERE wrote:

Harry
Not 15K but 15 place...............
Which we did get the win.
From Harry.

Tease...