New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 4/26 STC
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:45 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Nice work by the folks at Corrigan's in Cali this week.
You guys are making me work WAY too hard at this stuff and I don't think that I like that one bit. :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure that the Mezz holds the record for wins for a premium game (Wed. night Six) in a single year. I wonder what the record is for finishing second in a premium game in a single year? We're at 5 and counting so far this year. Wheeeee!!!
Wish us luck.
But not too much... :D

Post subject: Re: 4/26 STC
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the Mezz holds the record for wins for a premium game (Wed. night Six) in a single year. I wonder what the record is for finishing second in a premium game in a single year? We're at 5 and counting so far this year. Wheeeee!!!
Wish us luck.
But not too much... :D

Nope. The record is way over 40. EGGMAN and I won 40 something SIQ's in one year, but I think that VISHNU and crew had 45 or so in Spotlight. The Zoo crew is pretty dominant in Playback, I am pretty sure they broke the 45 win mark also.

The second place finishes is an interesting one. But, I would venture to guess that the same year we got the 40 in SIQ that TO2 was second in nearly all of them.

I was so pissed last night after the last question in category. What do you think.

CY YOUNG WINNERS: Who was the first CY YOUNG winner to not have a complete game? I am spitting Mike Marshall, Eckersley, Willie Hernandez... Roger Clemens in 2001, are you kidding me? It didn't state STARTING pitcher, I was fuming..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:28 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

CY YOUNG WINNERS: Who was the first CY YOUNG winner to not have a complete game? I am spitting Mike Marshall, Eckersley, Willie Hernandez... Roger Clemens in 2001, are you kidding me? It didn't state STARTING pitcher, I was fuming..

I thought the same thing! With the choices they had Clemens was the best option, but by the time I wrapped my cerebral hemisheres around that I think I took a 677 or something like that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:37 pm 
U > 100 * 2

lewser wrote:

Nope. The record is way over 40. EGGMAN and I won 40 something SIQ's in one year, but I think that VISHNU and crew had 45 or so in Spotlight. The Zoo crew is pretty dominant in Playback, I am pretty sure they broke the 45 win mark also.

From October 2006 - October 2007, varying combinations LEWSER, EGGMAN and myself won 38 games, and I would guess we missed about 5 of the ~52 games. I know that's in a 12 month span, rather than calendar year, so it's kind of cheating, but whatever. Did you guys win more than that in a given year before I started played?

VISHNU and crew at East Side Marios won 43 Spotlight games in 2005, I think that is probably the record in a calendar year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jethro wrote:
From October 2006 - October 2007, varying combinations LEWSER, EGGMAN and myself won 38 games, and I would guess we missed about 5 of the ~52 games. I know that's in a 12 month span, rather than calendar year, so it's kind of cheating, but whatever. Did you guys win more than that in a given year before I started played?

Yes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:50 am 
Banned

TCHCNB wrote:

I thought the same thing! With the choices they had Clemens was the best option, but by the time I wrapped my cerebral hemisheres around that I think I took a 677 or something like that.

I dunno, I kinda thought it did say something about starters, or implied it, I remember we were definitely discussing starters as we kicked the answers around (i.e. waited for JOHN to locate the answer. Not that we needed him for Clemens, given the old-school no-way-they-didn't-complete-at-least-a-few-back-then alternates).

Thanks to spotes for the congrats, and good luck piling up the seconds :).