New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 6.21.10
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:24 am 
Precinct?

This is not a game I usually play, so I may have had the schedule wrong. I showed up at 6-ish (PDT) to play STC (for no other reason than to try to complete a card), but STC was not on. It only played BT. I'm still confused with the channels A vs B and what can be programmed into each, so maybe it is our fault at this end. Anyone else have no STC on Monday? No big deal, this ain't no Showdown Contest, but I'm just curious. :?

Post subject: Re: 6.21.10
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:06 am 
Himself Fodder

STC, unlike most other premium games, can be deselected from the manager's menu on channel A and replaced with even more never ending games of BTT. If done, that is 10 straight games of BTT. Why BT offers this option on a premium game is beyond me.

BTW, who all noticed that the correct answer to every question in the first round was #1? #1 also appeared way above frequency the rest of the game.

BO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:51 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
STC, unlike most other premium games, can be deselected from the manager's menu on channel A and replaced with even more never ending games of BTT. If done, that is 10 straight games of BTT. Why BT offers this option on a premium game is beyond me.

BTW, who all noticed that the correct answer to every question in the first round was #1? #1 also appeared way above frequency the rest of the game.

BO

It happened 2 weeks ago as well. That night every answer in round #1 was I believe #2, but it was 8 for 8 the same #.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

BO

Well...I'll give you credit for being mostly right.
"Lee Westwood" was in the #3 spot.
Now, if you had said that every answer was in the #1 position in the 6/7/10 game, you might have won a prize... :D
In fact, it was the only reason that we got "Johannesburg" correct for question #8 that night about the opening game of the World Cup.
Personally, I think it would have been much funnier if they had put it in the 3 spot just to torture me. :D

Nice work on last night's game, BTW.
Gosh, if only I had every MLB team's home scoring average memorized for the entire 20th century, I might be able to make something of myself in this game. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:51 pm 
U > 100 * 2

spotes wrote:
Gosh, if only I had every MLB team's home scoring average memorized for the entire 20th century, I might be able to make something of myself in this game. :(

And if you were curious, living in Colorado did not make that question any easier.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:16 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Jethro wrote:
spotes wrote:

And if you were curious, living in Colorado did not make that question any easier.

I dont like those types of questions. It comes down to an educated guess at best. No one ( or darned few!) actually know that. I did get it right on an educated guess. Figured 9 was definitely too high, so it came down to either 7 or 8, and then I thought 7 sounded a bit low.

Also got the Goerge Stone/ St.Louis Browns question right on an educated guess. But darned if I didnt forget that Marc Bulger was a WVU grad so gave away those 500 points. Couldnt even make an educated guess on the '98 Brazilian soccer coach so that was a pure "button-pushing" endeavor which proved futile.

Fortunately I have been playing alone in the bar of late so no opportunity to be outvoted in the You Choose round and having to answer World Cup questions

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:44 am 
Himself Fodder

TCHCNB wrote:
Couldnt even make an educated guess on the '98 Brazilian soccer coach so that was a pure "button-pushing" endeavor which proved futile.

I thought I remembered being able to eliminate choices 2,3,5 as being something other than soccer people.

I do agree that the Rockies question was total crap, but overall the game content is pretty damn good as compared to some other premium games.

BO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:04 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
TCHCNB wrote:
Couldnt even make an educated guess on the '98 Brazilian soccer coach so that was a pure "button-pushing" endeavor which proved futile.

I thought I remembered being able to eliminate choices 2,3,5 as being something other than soccer people.

I do agree that the Rockies question was total crap, but overall the game content is pretty damn good as compared to some other premium games.

BO

Definitely!! I have no major complaints on game content as it stands for at least the last 18 months or so. I hope they keep up the good work. Not having to put up with WSOP or fishing or rodeo or sports movies questions makes for a much better playing experience!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

TCHCNB wrote:
I dont like those types of questions. It comes down to an educated guess at best. No one ( or darned few!) actually know that. I did get it right on an educated guess. Figured 9 was definitely too high, so it came down to either 7 or 8, and then I thought 7 sounded a bit low.

No one likes those types of questions.
They are usually the product of either the writer's laziness or grasp of topic. Given the overall quality of the games over the last few months, I'll chalk it up to simple deadline panic or short term lack of inspiration.

TCHCNB wrote:
Also got the Goerge Stone/ St.Louis Browns question right on an educated guess. But darned if I didnt forget that Marc Bulger was a WVU grad so gave away those 500 points. Couldnt even make an educated guess on the '98 Brazilian soccer coach so that was a pure "button-pushing" endeavor which proved futile.

What? You mean everyone didn't pre-call "St. Louis Browns" on that one? How hard is it to know your 1906 AL batting/OBP champs?Image

In case it ever comes up, only two Browns won BA titles and they're both named George: George Stone and George Sisler.
Man, am I going to enjoy the baseball themed games on Monday nights in July... Mwah! Ha! Ha! :twisted: Oh...sorry, was I laughing maniacally out loud? :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:59 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

spotes wrote:
TCHCNB wrote:

In case it ever comes up, only two Browns won BA titles and they're both named George: George Stone and George Sisler.
Man, am I going to enjoy the baseball themed games on Monday nights in July... Mwah! Ha! Ha! :twisted: Oh...sorry, was I laughing maniacally out loud? :D

I didnt see any info on baseball theme games coming up in July. What time will they be playing? And are they going to be on the infamous "Sports channel" or will they be on the "main" channel? I would certainly like to partake if I can!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

TCHCNB wrote:
I didnt see any info on baseball theme games coming up in July. What time will they be playing? And are they going to be on the infamous "Sports channel" or will they be on the "main" channel? I would certainly like to partake if I can!

BT aired ads yesterday showing baseball themed games on every Monday in July. I didn't notice a time listing, only dates. Each Monday night has a different baseball topic. One was World Series; one was gold glove winners, etc.
Given that the ads appeared on channel A, I can only assume that the games in question will as well.
My guess is that they'll air after STC, like Trendalicious games do after weekend premium games.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
TCHCNB wrote:

BT aired ads yesterday showing baseball themed games on every Monday in July. I didn't notice a time listing, only dates. Each Monday night has a different baseball topic. One was World Series; one was gold glove winners, etc.
Given that the ads appeared on channel A, I can only assume that the games in question will as well.
My guess is that they'll air after STC, like Trendalicious games do after weekend premium games.

Its after STC at 10p est/7p pst. here's the details:

http://buzztime.com/sklz-baseball

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:13 am 
U > 100 * 2

spotes wrote:

Wait, does Channel C even still exist?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jethro wrote:
Wait, does Channel C even still exist?

Since no one saw it fall in the forest, I suppose not...