New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: STC 3/14/11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:25 pm 
Himself Fodder

Not that many will care, but Stadium Cafe will not being playing STC tonight, and likely won't be playing most Mondays for the foreseeable future. Several reasons for this.

1, scheduling conflicts
2, burnout
3, and probably most important, BTT sucks balls and we're tired of playing 90 minutes of it prior to STC.

This actually has nothing at all to do with STC, the game is excellent and we enjoy playing it. But it used to be just as enjoyable to play general trivia games beforehand, and now not so much. We still win our fair share of BTT games, but the continuing asinine content in addition to an insipid game design has just beaten us into submission. So there's really no reason to make an effort to play every week like we have for years.

We'll still play on occasion I'm sure, but it's sad when a dominant team sees no reason to continue kicking ass. Am sure SPOTES will call me a pussy who's simply getting old, and perhaps he's right. :lol: But I used to play 5-6 times a week and enjoyed all the different games, now after all the shitty changes the last few years, I'm down to 1. Brilliant strategy BT.

BO

Post subject: Re: STC 3/14/11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:35 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Good. Maybe we can win tonight.

But really, I agree, and I'm sorry I won't be seeing you up there. I have played 2 or 3 times a week for the past 5 years or so, and I still do, but the biggest difference is that I used to show up far before the premium game and play all the games leading up to it, and now I rarely show up earlier than a half hour before.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:55 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

You're a long-toothed pussy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:11 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Thank God Jethro is still playing, otherwise we would be fresh out of condescending egocentric know it all douchebags.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Not that many will care, but Stadium Cafe will not being playing STC tonight, and likely won't be playing most Mondays for the foreseeable future. Several reasons for this.

1, scheduling conflicts
2, burnout
3, and probably most important, BTT sucks balls and we're tired of playing 90 minutes of it prior to STC.

This actually has nothing at all to do with STC, the game is excellent and we enjoy playing it. But it used to be just as enjoyable to play general trivia games beforehand, and now not so much. We still win our fair share of BTT games, but the continuing asinine content in addition to an insipid game design has just beaten us into submission. So there's really no reason to make an effort to play every week like we have for years.

We'll still play on occasion I'm sure, but it's sad when a dominant team sees no reason to continue kicking ass. Am sure SPOTES will call me a pussy who's simply getting old, and perhaps he's right. :lol: But I used to play 5-6 times a week and enjoyed all the different games, now after all the shitty changes the last few years, I'm down to 1. Brilliant strategy BT.

BO

Would you do me one favor before I die? Quit complaining about everything all the time... Save it for the real issues, like having two right answers in a question, or game design, you're spot on a lot of the time, but this post was definitely unnecessary...

Last edited by clark on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Bonzo wrote:
Thank God Jethro is still playing, otherwise we would be fresh out of condescending egocentric know it all douchebags.

I am not exactly sure what prompted this. Sorry if I offended you somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:40 pm 
Himself Fodder

clark wrote:
Would you do me one favor before I die? Quit complaining about everything all the time... Save it for the real issues, like having two right answers in a question, or game design, you're spot on a lot of the time, but this post was definitely unnecessary...

Well, according to what you've said, the only unnecessary part of my post was complaining about the general game content.

I try not to complain all the time, but also am quick to complement BT when good things happen. But when I see less and less reason to continue playing, it's hard not to get pissy.

And as I said, there are also non-BT reasons for not playing every Monday.

Jethro wrote:
Bonzo wrote:

JETHRO was mentored by LEWSER and texts me on occasion, I'm not sure what you expect. :D :D :D

BO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jethro wrote:
Bonzo wrote:

I'm sure it was a typo.
It was supposed to be spelled "L-E-W-S-E-R".
An understandable mistake... :P

Edit: (Rats! I leave the computer for a couple of minutes and BO beats me to it. Grrrr...)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:19 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jethro wrote:
Bonzo wrote:

Fuck him! Who cares what some Buckeye fan has to say anyway..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 am 
U > 100 * 2

I got made fun of for wearing my Indians shirt today, and then made fun of for being a Buckeye fan. It is a very sad time for Ohio sports, when people can give you shit and you know they are right...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:19 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Jethro wrote:
I got made fun of for wearing my Indians shirt today, and then made fun of for being a Buckeye fan. It is a very sad time for Ohio sports, when people can give you shit and you know they are right...

Sorry, I confused you with LEWSER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:50 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Wow! That was a nasty game last night!! Very difficult. I'm thinking BO is going to be disappointed he missed this one.

I was starting to settle in and feel quite comfortable after being perfect for the first 7000, but then it rapidly went downhill from there. Missed 2 in the 2nd round, 3 in the 3rd round, and limped in with only 4250 in the last round. Several of those questions were referencing people I have never even heard of! Noticed this morning that even with barely over 18000 I still finished 50th, so that is definitely low scoring game last night.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:03 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bonzo wrote:

At least when I am a condescending douchebag I direct it at the correct target.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:31 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

lewser wrote:
Bonzo wrote:

At least when I am a condescending douchebag I direct it at the correct target.. :lol:

Does that make you the William Tell of douchebags?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:03 pm 
Centenarian

Tolle wrote:
lewser wrote:
Bonzo wrote:

Does that make you the William Tell of douchebags?

Well - He was targeting the " It's not a Bash " banner, wasn't he ?? :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:32 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Well, I promised him that I wouldn't tell everyone he wasn't a douchebag when I met him... it was probably just a bad day for him though.