New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Buffalo Wild Wings - Grand Rapids, MI
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:20 pm 
Babylon

Here at Bdubs we still use the playmakers. Not many regulars here in town. The three biggest names I usually play with are KVORKN and PETE _ KVORKN is obviously a name you all see quite a bit. Nice guy - don't let the handle fool you! Some other popular locations in town include Uccello's, where KVORKN normally plays. We have Woody's Press Box which consists of MJST, TAXMAN, and other players who usually get carried by those two. Main St. Pub is ok for trivia when they have PARTHD (which means parrothead), JESTER and TURTLE. I went there once to meet and play against them ... met JESTER and TURTLE, both of whom seemed a bit too snobby, like I was some outsider to be avoided. Don't plan on going back there again anytime soon. There are three Uccello's restaurants here and five different Bdubs, but aside from the people and locations I just mentioned, not much in the way of trivia regulars here. I often play alone, and occasionally get a top 20 score playing by myself.

Post subject: Re: Buffalo Wild Wings - Grand Rapids, MI
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Welcome to the forums...just noticed it was only your second post.

You should look at the Triviapalooza thread. Many folks from all over will be there. Plenty of sites to hit on your way from Michigan. I think think their may be a top twenty site in WV on the way. Top player there isn't too snobby.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:18 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Welcome !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:46 pm 
Babylon

Hey thanks for the replies! Not going to do Triviapalooza this year, as Baltimore is too far away, but I am looking into organizing a road trip to Bargo's in Cincinnati next year with some of the other regulars in Grand Rapids and nearby areas.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

GO NYG wrote:
Hey thanks for the replies! Not going to do Triviapalooza this year, as Baltimore is too far away, but I am looking into organizing a road trip to Bargo's in Cincinnati next year with some of the other regulars in Grand Rapids and nearby areas.

Just a heads up...Bargo's has very mean, nasty players there. Beware of TRIPOD!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:47 pm 

90% of trivia players are 90% of the best conversation at any site. I'd like to believe that nobody on this bulletin board would allow you to beat them without their seeking you out to congratulate you. If you lost to them, they should seek you out to extend thanks for the competition. I express envy for any site where the sheer number of boards could not admit such simple courtesy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:31 pm 
Himself Fodder

MICE wrote:
90% of trivia players are 90% of the best conversation at any site. I'd like to believe that nobody on this bulletin board would allow you to beat them without their seeking you out to congratulate you. If you lost to them, they should seek you out to extend thanks for the competition. I express envy for any site where the sheer number of boards could not admit such simple courtesy.

Pfft. You beat me I throw my playmaker at your head. Then while you're knocked out I win the next game and state I was certain you weren't good enough to win two games in a row.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:13 pm 

-BO- wrote:
MICE wrote:

Pfft. You beat me I throw my playmaker at your head. Then while you're knocked out I win the next game and state I was certain you weren't good enough to win two games in a row.

Pfft yourself, BO! you can throw as many playmakers at my head as you like: nobody can hit a target that small.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:18 pm 
Babylon

tiefly wrote:
GO NYG wrote:

Just a heads up...Bargo's has very mean, nasty players there. Beware of TRIPOD!

Senor Tiefly,

I've already been to Bargo's. GMEBRK was great to meet, as were IKE, and VIPER. There were two others but I forget their names. I'm old and I can't remember all the details of what happened five months ago. I'm surprised to have remembered the players I did mention!

GO NYG