New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: RIP Adam’s Mill
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:20 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

After 37 years, the Mill (Manchester, CT) is closing at the end of April. I know I havent been playing much since I moved an hour away. Not sure if we will end up elsewhere as BWW is the only other local option. Been a fun run for me for 10 years there and others for a lot longer than that.

Post subject: Re: RIP Adam’s Mill
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:54 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Ouch. That is sad news. I hope you people find another place.

— RWM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

So very sorry to hear! I hope this won’t be the end of your team.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I just saw that Adam's Mill has a Site ID number of 361. Are there any active locations out there with a lower number?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:55 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Sorry to hear that for sure. 37 years was a long run though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ANON wrote:
I just saw that Adam's Mill has a Site ID number of 361. Are there any active locations out there with a lower number?

Sullivan's here in MD is number 345. There are others.

Sorry to hear about Adam's Mill. We lost 2 long time Buzztime bars a few years back, JJ Muldoons and then Hardtimes. Same as in this case we now have some BWW to chose between and distant Stained Glass Pub with 8 or 9 boxes.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:56 pm 
Ending Symphony

Tender Trap Site 2 is in operation, not much play though.

https://www.buzztime.com/site/2/games

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:28 am 
Centenarian

I've been playing trivia the mill since 1999, my late wife worked there in the late 90's which got me hooked on trivia as I used to sit around waiting for her to get out of work, I helped my son get his 1st job there after high school, so a lot of history there for me. That's how I met Al (TWIT) and he talked me into signing up for P+ member and the rest is history. I Got to be very close to the Adam's Mill "Family" and it was a great time. Our team hasn't been the same since Al (TWIT) has some health issues and Tim moved away, so our trivia play has declined somewhat. But we hope to find a new site soon, BWW seems to be our only option. We may petition new order to consider keeping trivia, or reach out to buzztime to solicit trivia in our area as Manchester is inundated with bars and restaurants. But Rick (Rikr), Tom (Biff), and the table team of Tom (Dract), Pete (Styng), and Steve (Kats) will try to keep at least our tuesday nights going. Thanks to everyone for their support of the Adam's Mill :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:48 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

It’s the final Showdown for us tonight. Closing day is this Sunday so you may see some play this week.

Richard, the Eli’s group (restaurants are around New Haven) bought it and are going to overhaul the site. Not known if they will keep trivia.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:
It’s the final Showdown for us tonight. Closing day is this Sunday so you may see some play this week.

Richard, the Eli’s group (restaurants are around New Haven) bought it and are going to overhaul the site. Not known if they will keep trivia.

Saw you won the 6:00 game, and lifted a glass to you. A win is a good way to go out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:52 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

ANON wrote:
tchoiniere wrote:

Saw you won the 6:00 game, and lifted a glass to you. A win is a good way to go out.

Thanks. Definitely a good way to go out. Someone else got a gold on a Late Shift. Showdown glitched for us and was a struggle for most of the game.

Next week some of us are going to Willimantic Brewing Company for Tuesday night.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:57 am 
Centenarian

Going on 3 years now that the Adam's Mill has closed, but the shocking thing is the lack of trivia sites in CT, there are only 5 sites left in CT, most of which are an hour or more away. My new site Pamona Pete's is almost 30 minutes away going through Hartford rush hour traffic. But the funniest one is Harbor Chase of Evergreen walk, it is an assisted living facility literally a mile away from the former Adam's Mill site, they are active, but have no play. I have gone there several times and even talked to the entertainment director if they were open for public play. She couldn't give me an ansewer and said she would get back to me, but after repeated attempts I have gotten no ansewers. So they are literally down the road from me and I can't play there. Maybe if I don't feel like driving 30 minutes, I'll just sit in their parking lot with my I-pad and play lol :). I know Harborchase has other sites in the US, has anyone played at one or know of one, just curious.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hey Rich,

Yes there are a bunch of Harborchases around the country that all seem to have buzztime. From what I understand the residents only use the non network games on the tablets to help with brain function. There have been studies showing word and mind games can help ward off Alzheimer’s and dementia.

The network trivia play you may see at these Harborchases are all by outside players using the BT app and a gps change location app. You don’t need to be in the parking lot. Richek and Deathdealer are 2 that cheat the terrible lag that these old folks homes have, probably due to really slow internet speeds. I don’t understand why these places are connected to the network if the residents aren’t playing those games. Take them all out of the sitefinder and the app won’t find them and thus no cheating.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!