New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: West Park Station
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:14 pm 
Centenarian

I usually play most Thursdays @ West Park Station with IDJT & his gang. (except the 1st Thurs each month, when one of our bretheren has obligations and can't play.) West Park Station is a Cleveland cop bar, and Thursday is ladies night. As far as dudes go, you'll find four or five four-eyed geeks playing buzztime and lots of guys with short haircuts and no necks. We are very polite to the guys with no necks.

It is probably the safest place in the City of Cleveland on Thursday nights.

As far as layout goes, it's pretty nice for trivia. There's a long, double-sided bar with a mountain of liquor in the middle. TV screens are above the bar on both sides, and there are also screens on the walls opposite the bar. There's a nice patio area that's open in the summer, and all kinds of seating around the bar in general. This joint has 10 boards.

And Thursday night is ladies night. It's pretty well attended, I guess. It's easier to get a seat on Tuesdays & Wednesdays; we don't have to call ahead to stake out turf.

Friday & Saturday are pretty busy with lots of 20-something patrons, who are uniformly uninterested in trivia. If you want to play on the weekend I suggest wrapping up business by 8pm.

The menu is divided up into stereotypes of Irish, Italian & American cuisine, by which I mean that they serve Corned Beef, Calzones & Burgers. All of which are pretty good. And the deserts are better than standard Applebys/TGIF fair. If I have to eat at a place around here that carries ntn, I prefer West Park Station.

Beer selection is a pretty solid B+. In addition to the wall of liquor, they have about eight beers on tap of variable reputation, from Miller Lite to Swithwicks, Harp & Guinness. Lots of bottles too, but the only ones I ever drink are Miller Lite, so I can't vouch for what's inside the fridge.

Post subject: Re: West Park Station
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:58 pm 
Centenarian

West Park Station is well worth the 20+mile drive it takes me to get there on Thursday nights for Six. Our team there is above average, and the management appreciates our presence for occasionally putting its name in lights, complete with having custom-made "West Park Station Team Trivia" T-shirts made for us.

Its taps usually feature two Great Lakes Brewing Company beers as well as the aforementioned, and the food quality surpasses standard bar fare. Thursday Ladies Night can be a distraction, and its staff is friendly and efficient.

The warmer months also feature live music on its outdoor patio, which features one huge HDTV and a few other smaller screens. For smokers, whom Ohio has yet to drive into extinction, the patio also features a gas fireplace for the winter months.

In an economically struggling city, West Park Station is a thriving small business that is an asset to its neighborhood. Unlike a chain restaurant that would bypass anyplace in Cleveland in search of a more desirable demographic, the owners committed to the area, and its clientele is better than that of some bars in outlying suburbs. Well worth a visit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am 
Centenarian

Tonight at West Park Station they're serving foie gras bleu avec pommes frites du freedom.

It's a special.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

wonk wrote:
Tonight at West Park Station they're serving foie gras bleu avec pommes frites du freedom.

It's a special.

Wonk, I will never play trivia with Geeks and Cops. :D

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:04 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
wonk wrote:

It's a special.

Wonk, I will never play trivia with Geeks and Cops. :D

Guess you haven't played in the Dayton area with STU & ND? :mrgreen: :lol:

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!