New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pineapple Hill Grill, Tustin CA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:04 pm 
Lucky Member (China)

Many things tend to suck in life, but imagine what happens when a regular trivia player buys a Bar & Grill that happens to be in walking distance from your house. Much better already! You don't have to worry about things like, will they throw out the game next week, etc. You also get support for Buzztime players -- no argument about putting screens on the game, etc. Welcome to the Pineapple Hill Grill in Tustin, CA.

It gets better. They have a full menu and the food is really good. Tuesday is Prime Rib night if you are mainly carnivorous. They have good wings, salads, sandwiches, burgers and full dinners. The service is wonderful. When our regular waitress is there, I walk in and sit down; as I'm logging in she sets a martini in front of me before I can even say, "Hi!" It has a nice atmosphere with wood panelling and a carved pineapple motif. There is a large fireplace with sofas around it for those damp winter nights. The karaoke singers are generally better than at Mr. B's. :D All around it is a warm, friendly place and our choice for Showdown on Tuesdays.

The only bad part is they have 15 boards, but 5 don't work. On Tuesdays our Showdown team pretty much tries to hog the 10 that do. The rest of the week there aren't a lot of players, mainly because in Orange County there's so many good places to play we have to spread it around!

Post subject: Re: Pineapple Hill Grill, Tustin CA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:15 am 
Lotsa Posta

bfree wrote:
Many things tend to suck in life, but imagine what happens when a regular trivia player buys a Bar & Grill that happens to be in walking distance from your house. Much better already! You don't have to worry about things like, will they throw out the game next week, etc. You also get support for Buzztime players -- no argument about putting screens on the game, etc. Welcome to the Pineapple Hill Grill in Tustin, CA.

It gets better. They have a full menu and the food is really good. Tuesday is Prime Rib night if you are mainly carnivorous. They have good wings, salads, sandwiches, burgers and full dinners. The service is wonderful. When our regular waitress is there, I walk in and sit down; as I'm logging in she sets a martini in front of me before I can even say, "Hi!" It has a nice atmosphere with wood panelling and a carved pineapple motif. There is a large fireplace with sofas around it for those damp winter nights. The karaoke singers are generally better than at Mr. B's. :D All around it is a warm, friendly place and our choice for Showdown on Tuesdays.

The only bad part is they have 15 boards, but 5 don't work. On Tuesdays our Showdown team pretty much tries to hog the 10 that do. The rest of the week there aren't a lot of players, mainly because in Orange County there's so many good places to play we have to spread it around!

Yeah all of those wonderful places, are you talking about Orange County, CA or FL? True karaoke is better and the singers are prettier. I have heard hog calling that sounds better than B's karaoke, but you have to admit that B's Friday Spotlight team is pretty good.

You can't beat Aly for service though at Pineapple. Not only is she gorgeous and friendly, she knows what we want. I am talking about what is on the menu, mind you. Seriously, BFree is correct, food is good and service is great. If you decide to play trivia, you won't be disappointed.