New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wallaby's
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:32 am 
Octogenarian

I guess I should talk about Wallaby's.

It's a pretty nice location. It's smaller than Scoreboards was, but we don't get as many walk-in trivia players. Ironically many of the old Scoreboards regulars are now Wallaby's regulars. Even one of the bartenders is working there so it ALMOST feels like Scoreboards (except the bathroom is accessible!!!! YAY!!!)

Tuesday nights the Wallaby's group (which I was a part of only until recently b/c I now play at Old Chicago on weekdays; since Stacie & I have the kids I try to stay close to home on school nights) is pretty laid back and they all share answers (up to the last fast few questions of the game). they like playing as a team, but a few of them like to win, so they might hold off of an answer for a few seconds if they or as Gary (SMGMA) would say: "I guessed" with that innocent look (which everyone knows what that means...j/k Gary) Team consists of Dean [ALEXOS]; Jay [JARVIS]; Gary [SMGMA]; Brian [KUFAN]; Kevin [HARLEY] and his wife Jeannie [JETS]; and occasionally CY (whose name I can't recall).

Wallaby's just started something new to increase profits for Wednesdays...they are now a hosting a buzztime trivia contest for SIX on wednesdays. Top 3 players get in-house money to spend on food, drinks, etc. But it's strict dog-eat-dog during Wednesday night SIX.

Friday's Wallaby's gets packed and there are two small teams that compete against each other, which we've called the bar (Dean [ALEXOS]; Jay [JARVIS]; Ben [BENJAR]; Brian [KUFAN]; Larry [EGR]; and Gary [SMGMA] if he comes up on Fridays) vs tables (Dawn [DOMINO]; Rob [SUGARD]; and Mike [QWEER]) I usually am at a table by myself but the competition between tables and bar is pretty

Saturday is more relaxed, as we don't get as many people on Saturdays as Fridays. It's Dean, Jarvis and myself regularly. Mike, Rob and Dawn will come in if they like the choices for for Playback, and alternating week-ends we get a couple that play as WAYNEO and Y NOT. We used to have another couple come in regularly Rob (KSUROB) and Mitzi (MITZI) but they recently moved to Jacksonville, Fla...As for Gary, he plays elsewhere Saturday nights (which has steps up to the bar and after doing it at Friday's I'm not doing that again)

As these are the only nights I'm at Wallaby's I can't account for any other night of the week....Food is pretty decent. There's a special every day of the week. Tuesday & Thursday is taco night. Monday, I believe is 1/2 price burgers. Wednesday is steak night. Friday varies anything from meatball subs to filet mignon. Saturday & Sunday are $0.65 wing days (which put BWW to shame). The prices are reasonably fair....except they charge for sour cream w/ a baked potato (which IMHO should be complimentary w/ baked potato). My recommendation is the Sydney Sizzler a nice cut of beef comes on sizzling skillet-like plate w/ grilled onions and peppers, side of your choice I believe, and possibly a salad (it's been awhile since I've had one) for $10.99. I don't drink at Wallaby's so I can't comment on alcohol prices...but I have had drinks bought for me and they seem to be fairly generous w/ alcohol....

Well, will probably talk about Old Chicago at a later date.....

"I Just Smoked Your @$$!!!" (Jes. 4:20)