New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Adam's Mill Restaurant, Manchester, CT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:48 pm 
Centenarian

Nice long bar, 2 monitors always dedicated to trivia, with 2 big screen HD TV's usually on whatever sporting event anyone wants to watch. 3 more monitors can be tuned into trivia or sporting events so pretty much every part of the bar you can play trivia. The "Mill" has 15 playmakers. Happy hour between 5:00 PM-6:30 PM $1 off any drink. There are about 8 beers on tap, the only domestic is Coors lite draft which is $2.50 at happy hour price. The food is very good and they just came out with a new menu. The staff is great, Most nights Heidi works and she's awesome very attentive. She has been there about 25 yrs. Al (Twit) is our PP+ leader and most frequent player, a real nice guy who loves to share and team play. We welcome anyone and everyone (except for sandbaggers) to play. Can get a bit crazy on friday nights, sometimes hard to get a seat for happy hour, they have free buffet and a live band on friday nights. But most other nights very accessible. Have 2 solid teams for Showdown and come into our own as being a competive trivia bar.

Post subject: Re: Adam's Mill Restaurant, Manchester, CT
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:05 am 
Lord of Scaratings

FSHMAN/MPCH W played there and said it 'twas a good place.

His brother lives around there somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:08 pm 
Centenarian

scar wrote:

Yea we missed him around the holidays, saw on the boards that he came up, but everyone was on vacation so we missed him, was too bad. Tell him hi for us hope to see him next time around.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:09 pm 
Centenarian

scar wrote:

Just saw FSHMAN last night, looks like he may play tues. night with us.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:36 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Bad night tonight at the Mill.2 miserable games in Shocking Fine Art Topix and Wax Poetic Trendalicious. We did have a great Spotlight. But the worst part was having 2 Playmakers stolen - when we were down to only 9 boxes. Now we have 7 boxes...not good. Hopefully we get our replacements quick. Those 3 punks better not come in again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:
Bad night tonight at the Mill.2 miserable games in Shocking Fine Art Topix and Wax Poetic Trendalicious. We did have a great Spotlight. But the worst part was having 2 Playmakers stolen - when we were down to only 9 boxes. Now we have 7 boxes...not good. Hopefully we get our replacements quick. Those 3 punks better not come in again.

That sucks about the stolen Playmakers. And, there's no reason for it! They won't work anyplace else.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:03 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

zog741 wrote:
tchoiniere wrote:

That sucks about the stolen Playmakers. And, there's no reason for it! They won't work anyplace else.

-- RWM

We figured you paid them to do it....

Its pathetic and pointless. Worse that it happened 2 feet behind us.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:

I'm glad to see that the "Mill Rats" still have me in their thoughts. :D

But, seriously, now...

Quote:

Agreed. Thanks for letting me know about this. I was going to go up to the Mill, this coming week but now I'll hold off.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:15 am 
Himself Fodder

zog741 wrote:

Not true.

But it certainly does suck.

BO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:00 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

zog741 wrote:
tchoiniere wrote:

I'm glad to see that the "Mill Rats" still have me in their thoughts. :D

But, seriously, now...

Quote:

Agreed. Thanks for letting me know about this. I was going to go up to the Mill, this coming week but now I'll hold off.

-- RWM

Is certainly going to make for an interesting week when we generally did all 15 boxes for Showdown. Could get very ugly. Hopefully the replacement boxes show up before then and get programmed. I'll let you know when they show up.

Bo, there is no way that those 3 have any clue how to re-program those boxes. They missed a question on what shape has 4 right angles then didn't even get full credit on what state do you hit when driving east from CT - when we live in CT!!!!

Just hoping that the manager pursues this manner. They registered for P-Plus so hypothetically they should be able to identify them. And they paid by Credit Card.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:26 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Thankfully we have 15 boxes again. Got the replacements quicker than expected. Good job Buzztime.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:56 am 
Centenarian

tchoiniere wrote:
Thankfully we have 15 boxes again. Got the replacements quicker than expected. Good job Buzztime.

But everytime we get a new boxes, a month later they won't hold a charge and back they go :( think the quality has gone down hill :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:46 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

richte09 wrote:
tchoiniere wrote:

But everytime we get a new boxes, a month later they won't hold a charge and back they go :( think the quality has gone down hill :cry:

Nice post, year later...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:32 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

richte09 wrote:
tchoiniere wrote:

Is there something about New England and boxes that won't hold a charge?

Is there a West Coast conspiracy to send every failing battery Playmaker to a site east of the Hudson River?

Pardon the rant. It just seems that on my occasional visits to New England I always find crappy Playmakers. I haven't been to Adam's Mill (and I'd love to visit!) but this just seems to be another supporting data point.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:27 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

WB TANAKA wrote:
richte09 wrote:
tchoiniere wrote:

Is there something about New England and boxes that won't hold a charge?

Is there a West Coast conspiracy to send every failing battery Playmaker to a site east of the Hudson River?

Pardon the rant. It just seems that on my occasional visits to New England I always find crappy Playmakers. I haven't been to Adam's Mill (and I'd love to visit!) but this just seems to be another supporting data point.

You are welcome any time at the Mill.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

WB TANAKA wrote:

Yes; there is this grumpy old San Diego player named liljol who will tell anyone who couldn't care less about how he despises the Red Sox... :mrgreen:

-- RWM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:54 pm 
Centenarian

zog741 wrote:
WB TANAKA wrote:

Yes; there is this grumpy old San Diego player named liljol who will tell anyone who couldn't care less about how he despises the Red Sox... :mrgreen:

-- RWM

Who doesn't despise the redsox :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:

AHEM!! For sure, I dislike the holy hell out of those eternally damnable, evil empire wannabe FBOSOX, but I don't despise, nor hate them. :roll: :lol:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:42 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

richte09 wrote:
zog741 wrote:
WB TANAKA wrote:

-- RWM

Who doesn't despise the redsox :lol:

Most of your teammates. 8-)