New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Gilly's Bar, San Diego/North Park
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gilly’s Bar, in the North Park district of San Diego, is one of the more recent NTN Buzztime sites in The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard, San Diego County, CA (The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State). Formerly known as Second Wind, Gilly’s started subscribing to NTN Buzztime (IIRC) either late 2008 or early 2009.

Gilly’s is on El Cajon Blvd. (once the major east-west drag of San Diego before the construction of I-8), less than a block west of major north-south drag Texas St. Parking on El Cajon Blvd. is zoned and metered until 6:00 P.M. Unzoned parking spaces are available on Texas St., Louisiana St. (residential street one block west of and parallel to Texas Street), and Meade Ave. (one block north of and parallel to El Cajon Blvd.).

Gilly’s has fifteen Playmakers; all are kept behind the bar. There are monitors in both the bar and the patio, but most of the NTN Buzztime play tends to be in the bar. Gilly’s staff has been very supportive of NTN Buzztime since the start of their subscription, maintaining at least one monitor in the bar on Channel A. The few times I’ve gone out to the patio, there has also always been one monitor there on Channel A.

Except for Tuesday Steak Night and special events, Gilly’s does not regularly offer food other than prepackaged munchies. They do allow food to be brought in. There’s a good selection of beer on tap and bottled.

For the most part, Gilly’s shows up in network rankings on Friday, around the destination games and Spotlight. Some of the Friday players once played at now NTN-less TGIFriday’s Rancho San Diego. The mainstay, though, is another member of this forum, former St. Louis player Arthur (FLIPPR/AWKRAP). Image Once in a while I’ll join them, though for the most part I’m lil more than a button pusher.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Gilly's Bar, San Diego/North Park
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:13 pm 
Centenarian

liljol wrote:
The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard, San Diego County

How many more BT sites before the Site-Poor Backyard moniker gets retired? :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Noles wrote:
liljol wrote:
The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard, San Diego County

How many more BT sites before the Site-Poor Backyard moniker gets retired? :P
Ah, IIRC it would take at least thirty-seven or so before the site to population ratio reaches 1:80,000. Currently there are thirty-one, but something tells me that number will not be growing, and in fact might go down a lil. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Ah, IIRC it would take at least thirty-seven or so before the site to population ratio reaches 1:80,000. Currently there are thirty-one, but something tells me that number will not be growing, and in fact might go down a lil. Image
Well, according to my most recent lil peek in SiteFinder a lil while ago, there are two more "Coming Soon" sites in The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard. One is further east on El Cajon Blvd. from Gilly's, Effin's Pub, advertising itself as San Diego State University's best dive bar (and where I suppose one can get an Effin Beer Image). The other is a block or so down Garnet Ave. from Pacific Beach Bar & Grill, Olde City Grill, which I've passed more than a few times when taking a lil walk from PBB&G to either or both of Henry's Market or Trader Joe's, and IMO is more than a lil surprise since I don't recall them having had i-am TV. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Well, according to my most recent lil peek in SiteFinder a lil while ago, there are two more "Coming Soon" sites in The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard. One is further east on El Cajon Blvd. from Gilly's, Effin's Pub, advertising itself as San Diego State University's best dive bar (and where I suppose one can get an Effin Beer Image). The other is a block or so down Garnet Ave. from Pacific Beach Bar & Grill, Olde City Grill, which I've passed more than a few times when taking a lil walk from PBB&G to either or both of Henry's Market or Trader Joe's, and IMO is more than a lil surprise since I don't recall them having had i-am TV. Image
Seems like someone at NTN Buzztime is trying more than a lil to get me to remove "Site-Poor". As of a lil bit ago, there was yet another "Coming Soon" site, which would be the second site in La Jolla, Extreme Pizza, a few blocks from Jose's. Image

Extreme Pizza appears to be a growing chain, with most of them in The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State, and most of those in Horribly Site-Poor NoCal. Image The La Jolla store is one of three in The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard, and it will be more than a lil interesting to see if more in this chain have NTN Buzztime installed.

Meanwhile, based on a recent brief visit to Effin's Pub, they may be affiliated with Olde City Grill, since their most recent menu offerings are very similar with respect to a good variety of cheesesteak sandwiches. Olde City Grill is still awaiting installation, and one wonders if they are awaiting results of the Effin's installation. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!