New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Varsity Grill and Bar, Hooter's, and Applebee's Tallahassee
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:07 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

As entertaining a crew and as knowledgable trivia players as you could ever encounter. Ken (Kendo) is our spokesman in Buzztime competitions. On most Monday nights he can be found drinking the special, Icehouse (who's house?) pints on "his stool". When any reference to Jamaica comes up he taps his thumb and forefinger against his chest and says, "My homeland Mon" (He's from Jamaica, N.Y.) When he reorders it's always, "Hmmmmm let me try........Icehouse!" When the negative clue "No Ken Do" appears he thinks they're talking to him and he must change his answer. Whenever any reference to Alabama comes up we all chime in "ALLLLLLLLABAMA!" He cringes when any mention of "Ordinary People" appears, still incensed "Raging Bull" did not win best picture. He and I are both Yankee fans from childhood and are heartbroken when a Pittsburgh Pirates 1960 World Series victory documentary comes on. Arthur is our resident Canadian and authority on history, geography, and art. We kid him when anything Canadian comes up, Canadian Geography, Canadian History, Canadian Music, Prince Edward Island, etc. He also watches minimal TV and listens to even less music. Whenever a TV or music question appears we all say "Arthur says....." and then the answer. One Monday night Arthur was 8000 for 8000 on a Buzztime game and a Banarama question comes up on which he is totally clueless. The 10th question is about the Gin Blossoms but since I'm there to help him he gets his perfect 10K. I say, "Boy Arthur really knows his Banarama and Gin Blossoms. Just recently a Coundown question asked "There's A Rumor" is by......Banarama and we all roared. Jim (Raoul) actually appeared on Jeopardy in October, 2006 and won two games. Matt (Zippy) is our Showdown and Spotlight guru and a huge help on Six tournament games. He always gives us a pep talk before each tournament game and ends the speech with don't foul up! (not his exact words). Rhonda (RMAC) always tells us not to play like we have "Monkey Brains". We also play as a group at Hooter's during "Smartest Hooter's in America" tournaments and at Applebee's Capital Circle for occasional Applebee's promotions. L Pato and I always team up when we're in town on Monday night's Sports IQ and take on the nation's best. We still and always will miss Frank (Magic) who left us 11/2/2008 with 36,412,400 players plus points. We never could figure out his password to keep his account active. On Star Trek, anything Maryland or Turtle (Fear the Turtle), and Civil War questions (There was nothing Civil about that War) we always raise our glasses and say, "Thank you Frank". Tra from Pompano Beach, G Rex, Sherex, etc., from Jacksonville, an Kenseth and Planer from Skybox in Crawfordville are esteemed guests who join us occasionally.

We'll be seeing you on the nightly leaderboards.

Last edited by Hunk on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Varsity Grill and Pub, Hooter's, and Applebee's Tallahas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hunk wrote:
Just recently a Coundown question asked "There's A Rumor" is by......Banarama and we all roared.

I heard a rumor that this song actually has a different title... :P

You kids are having way too much fun down there, Hunk.
Don't make me call the cops. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:25 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

You guys are waaay too good to be from Florida, HUNK. We enjoy competing with you for best bar in paradise.

s o b
Tampa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:12 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

S O B wrote:
You guys are waaay too good to be from Florida, HUNK. We enjoy competing with you for best bar in paradise.

So paradise is the Gulf Coast of Florida, not the Atlantic Coast of Florida?

Wow...learn something new every day... ;)

Post subject: Re: Varsity Grill and Bar, Hooter's, and Applebee's Tallahas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Thank you SOB. You guys are always the first bar we look for to see how we did on Tuesday nights, at In the Zone and now Dagwood's. My cohort in crime L Pato told me about his stop there recently. We always admire keen competition and you guys have provided plenty over the years.
I'm a native North Carolinian by the way (UNC Chapel Hill, class of '73).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:37 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

As posted in my Glory Daze thread today Varsity Grill and Bar will close in approximately a week and a half. Hooter's will now become most of the team's first choice with Applebee's Capital Circle most likely our new Tuesday haunt. (Hooter's has live trivia on Tuesday night) We played at both places last summer when the former Buffalo Wild Wings closed, remodeled, and reopened as Varsity Grill and Bar so it's not like we'll be venturing out into the unknown. We'll keep a lookout for you in the National Rankings.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:45 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

WB TANAKA wrote:
S O B wrote:

So paradise is the Gulf Coast of Florida, not the Atlantic Coast of Florida?

Wow...learn something new every day... ;)

So paradise is Florida, not the western half of Canada??

Wow...learn something new every day... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:04 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Oh, oh! looks like some serious competition for the 'smartest Applebee's' competition.

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things!" - Alexander Pope, 1712.

"Beauty is truth, and truth beauty", John Keats, 1820.