New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Louisville Sites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:08 pm 
Golden Tee Master

It's been a long time since Scaratings was active. Louisville has lost and gained several sites. Gone are the BBC, Brownings, Louisville Pizza, Damons, Kennas Korner, Kingpin, The Pizza Box, Steinerts, TGIF Northfield and Woodys/Hoops. I am sure I left a few out. Currently Louisville boasts 18 sites. Fridays and Indigo Joes are the most popular these days. GT's Sports Pub, Wings and Rings and Old Chicago have some action. Indiana side now has several locations with Bearnos, Beef o Bradys and B-dubs. Downtown has the Sports and Social Club. We cannot forget the seven B-dubs where playing trivia is second fiddle to poker. If you are coming to Louisville, chances are most of the regular players will be found at Fridays or Indigo Joes. There are several great places to play here. Except maybe for B-dubs :P

Guess we are blessed with several places to play. I hope it stays that way for years to come.

Post subject: Re: Louisville Sites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:16 am 
A Martial Birth

There are 18 sites here? Wow a lot more than I thought. I've yet to make it Wings and Rings despite living in walking distance, I've heard they're far better than BWW's though.
From what I remember of the other places, all the BWWs suck, Old Chicago usually sucks except on lunches for the buffet, GT's in my 3 visits had the worst service I've ever seen so I'd think they probably still suck. Sports and Social Club does ok for lunches, haven't been there when it's busy though; Fishman says they put trivia up on one of the big screens for him before, that'd be pretty nice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:42 am 
Lotsa Posta

Louisville has lots of great sites for trivia. TGIF is home for Tivia, but OC and 2 or 3 BW's in the area like to compete

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:29 am 
Lord of Scaratings

cards wrote:
It's been a long time since Scaratings was active. Louisville has lost and gained several sites. Gone are the BBC, Brownings, Louisville Pizza, Damons, Kennas Korner, Kingpin, The Pizza Box, Steinerts, TGIF Northfield and Woodys/Hoops. I am sure I left a few out. Currently Louisville boasts 18 sites. Fridays and Indigo Joes are the most popular these days. GT's Sports Pub, Wings and Rings and Old Chicago have some action. Indiana side now has several locations with Bearnos, Beef o Bradys and B-dubs. Downtown has the Sports and Social Club. We cannot forget the seven B-dubs where playing trivia is second fiddle to poker. If you are coming to Louisville, chances are most of the regular players will be found at Fridays or Indigo Joes. There are several great places to play here. Except maybe for B-dubs :P

Guess we are blessed with several places to play. I hope it stays that way for years to come.

Well, not quite a year since this post and the "most popular these days" is history.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Does anybody in Louisville drive at less than 90 MPH? I have driven through there twice, totally terrified. I wanted to stop but nobody would let me slow down to 65 so I could exit. Thank God for Indiana.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:48 am 
Lord of Scaratings

FrankC wrote:
Does anybody in Louisville drive at less than 90 MPH? I have driven through there twice, totally terrified. I wanted to stop but nobody would let me slow down to 65 so I could exit. Thank God for Indiana.

Well, in the mornings and evenings 65 averages 5 miles an hour on the bridge betweek KY and In over the Ohio.

Tim, Dante and I navigate it every day for work. 11th most congested spot in America.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:35 am 
Moderating Hobbit

FrankC wrote:

Scar covered it, but I was going to ask if anyone in Louisville drives more than 10 mph.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Dante wrote:
FrankC wrote:

Scar covered it, but I was going to ask if anyone in Louisville drives more than 10 mph.

I pump 65-70 on the Gene "Slider" every morning. Very lucky not to have to go over the bridge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:49 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
Thank God for Indiana.

Scar,
Do we have a prize for "Post of the Year"?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:04 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

MiniYoda wrote:
Dante wrote:
FrankC wrote:

I pump 65-70 on the Gene "Slider" every morning. Very lucky not to have to go over the bridge

It was certainly the Gene Slider last night. I slid a about 50 feet when I came off the ramp (and an astonishing speed of 20 mph). But, then again, pretty much everything was a mess 'round 11'ish last night. Westport had a nice layer of ice in virtually eliminating the purpose of the red lights.

/technically ran a red light with my foot on the brake
//so did the guy beside me and behind me, so it worked out

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:36 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

spotes wrote:
FrankC wrote:
Thank God for Indiana.

Scar,
Do we have a prize for "Post of the Year"?

Yes. Why do you ask ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:21 pm 
Golden Tee Master

OMG, the Louisville area has hit 20 sites. I never would have believed it after losing Fridays, Indigo Joes and GT's. Old Chicago is going to open a second location (guessing) where the old Pizza Box used to be at Springhurst. Plus, Ernesto's was happy with the trivia business from the Shelbyville Road location and he has added his Dixie Highway location. Things are starting to look up for trivia players in this area. It is going to become very difficult for ol Fshman to hit every site in town every month. :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:50 pm 
Lotsa Posta

cards wrote:
OMG, the Louisville area has hit 20 sites. I never would have believed it after losing Fridays, Indigo Joes and GT's. Old Chicago is going to open a second location (guessing) where the old Pizza Box used to be at Springhurst. Plus, Ernesto's was happy with the trivia business from the Shelbyville Road location and he has added his Dixie Highway location. Things are starting to look up for trivia players in this area. It is going to become very difficult for ol Fshman to hit every site in town every month. :P

The second Old Chicago is supposed to be where a restaurant called On The Border was located, in the same shopping area as Tinsell Town movie theater.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:40 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

cards wrote:

Don't underestimate FSHMAN's ability to appear in multiple places at once.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:55 am 
Lord of Scaratings

cards wrote:

364 days later, Louisville has gone from 20 down to 13 sites.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:50 pm 
Golden Tee Master

:(
scar wrote:
cards wrote:

364 days later, Louisville has gone from 20 down to 13 sites.

:(