New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bargos Cincinnati
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:53 am 
Pythagorus' First

Great place to play trivia. Mostly team play, #1 bar rating gets top 5 players a free round twice a day. The food is good, pizzas, tenders, wraps and such. Tall drafts $2.75 from 11-7 everyday. Bartenders are great, fun and beautiful, you too Quincy. Please stop by and join in the fun.

Post subject: Re: Bargos Cincinnati
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:58 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Plus you can play Keno.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:20 pm 

Saw them on the leaderboard many times on Sunday. Must be a fun place to play trivia!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

So, every time we've finished ahead of you folks, it's possible we've prevented a free round of drinks?
I knew we were bastards, but, geez... :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:28 pm 

spotes wrote:

No, just you. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MRBRNS wrote:
spotes wrote:

No, just you. :lol:

"My way's not very sportsmanlike."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:11 am 
Pythagorus' First

[quote="spotes"]So, every time we've finished ahead of you folks, it's possible we've prevented a free round of drinks?
I knew we were bastards, but, geez... :P[/quote Normally the free beers have already been acheived by the day shifters before I get there. Your still welcome to come in though Spotes. Bring Steve with you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:15 am 
Moderating Hobbit

scar wrote:
Plus you can play Keno.

I know my memory is fuzzy, but I vaguely recall playing Keno there as being kind of fun, now. Didn't we/you/I lose a buncha money? :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:50 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Dante wrote:
scar wrote:
Plus you can play Keno.

I know my memory is fuzzy, but I vaguely recall playing Keno there as being kind of fun, now. Didn't we/you/I lose a buncha money? :D

You lost. I didn't play. You won an early one which enticed you to continue playing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:08 am 
Pythagorus' First

Dante wrote:
scar wrote:
Plus you can play Keno.

I remember the fun part the best lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:47 am 
Lotsa Posta

Made a surprise stop at Bargos last night. Surprise because my wife chose it. I was in Cinci to get the car serviced, and since she got a room in Sharonville, and since Burbanks was closed, she said "let's play trivia".

Last night was a Tuesday night, and I expected to not be able to get a parking spot or a trivia box. Sadly, both were plentiful. Don't know why, but there was no trivia action on a Tuesday night. I got there at about 8:20ish, so Showdown was a bit past half over, and there were only 4 players. It looked like a great place to play, just no action. Perhaps next time I'm in town I should announce it? ha ha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:23 am 
Octogenarian

MiniYoda wrote:
Made a surprise stop at Bargos last night. Surprise because my wife chose it. I was in Cinci to get the car serviced, and since she got a room in Sharonville, and since Burbanks was closed, she said "let's play trivia".

Last night was a Tuesday night, and I expected to not be able to get a parking spot or a trivia box. Sadly, both were plentiful. Don't know why, but there was no trivia action on a Tuesday night. I got there at about 8:20ish, so Showdown was a bit past half over, and there were only 4 players. It looked like a great place to play, just no action. Perhaps next time I'm in town I should announce it? ha ha

Next time, stop at Blue Goose! We're there every Tuesday.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:34 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:

Bargos still has a great player base, but it's mostly an afternoon and early evening crowd. The regulars are usually cleared out by the time the Premium games start. The Sports games get a few players and once in a blue moon they'll get a group together and play Showdown but that's about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:06 pm 
Lotsa Posta

scannon wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:

Next time, stop at Blue Goose! We're there every Tuesday.

If I had a GPS, I would have gone to BG's. Turns out we were so close to Bargos and I had heard so much about it, we went there. I need to do another Tour Du Yoda sometime, and might hit Cincy bars.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:08 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Bonzo wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:

Bargos still has a great player base, but it's mostly an afternoon and early evening crowd. The regulars are usually cleared out by the time the Premium games start. The Sports games get a few players and once in a blue moon they'll get a group together and play Showdown but that's about it.

They had some nice drink and food deals late, and a nice dj. Thinking "dj" and "loud music", I told my wife that this might have scared off trivia sharing teams.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tripod wrote:
spotes wrote:
So, every time we've finished ahead of you folks, it's possible we've prevented a free round of drinks?

Normally the free beers have already been acheived by the day shifters before I get there. Your still welcome to come in though Spotes. Bring Steve with you.

See? Dreams really do come true.
Hide the Red Bull and the women folk. Steve and I will be there for TP3. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:33 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Actually they've changed the free beer policy, it's now 1 round per shift so they can still be had at night.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 pm 

Bonzo wrote:
Actually they've changed the free beer policy, it's now 1 round per shift so they can still be had at night.

I cursed you and Bargo's on Facebook today for knocking me out of second place on the "Immortal Words" Top Players List last night but I was just kidding. I hope to get down that way someday.