New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dickmann's Kentucky Sports Cafe
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:12 pm 
Precinct?

Orphanage road Fort Wright KY. Not really a trivia mecca per se but there is a solid group of 8-10 people who play relatively regularly. The place has something like 35 TVs and they are pretty good about making sure at leasat one in each area is on BT but will gladly put it on if you need it.

The place is... different. The servers/bartenders are hot chicks with low-cut tops and push-up bras. Pretty much gorgeous without exception. They have about 24 different draft beers and a limited selection of non-draft. NOTE - no bottles or glass of any kind served. Any bottled beer they sell they will pour into a plastic cup before serving. All domestics will be of the canned variety, mixed drinks will be served in plastic. Drink prices are OK and drinks are reasonably strong. I would recommend the "FOOBALL" shot or the "Unexpected Orgasm" shot - both of which I invented and both of which sell more than any other shot in the place.

Two pool tables ( unless there is a band or a big game), indoor cornhole, darts, outdoor sand volleyball (thus the no glass rule), various video games. Bands usually play Friday nights and occasionally on Saturdays.

They have a kitchen with surprisingly good bar-fare. Their wings really are big and good. Their pizzas are well-known locally and are tasty. Other than that the usual selection of burgers and chicken sandwiches etc.

They get PACKED for big sporting events which, around here, means any UK game or Bengals game. And I mean seriously PACKED - SRO.

They only have about 10 boxes but rarely is that an issue. I think Wednesday is probably the busiest trivia night and even then there will be only 5-6 people playing. They play mostly team with 1-2 noptorious sandbaggers. If I'm there, they usually do not play as much team and if they do I'll sandbag them relentlessly.

Crowd varies - afternoon/early-evening is mostly older (40+) which slowly turns to a under-35 majority but it is rarely a problem - it is just part of the place. On any given Friday night you'll see 20 or more folks in the 40+ range mixing easily with 75-100+ "kids".

Should it not be your cup of tea, then right around the corner is the BWWs Ft. Wright which also, of course, has BT. Lemme know if you are planning to go there - most nights, with the exception of Wednesday, I can usually be there.

Post subject: Re: Dickmann's Kentucky Sports Cafe
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Welcome. We need to come up and visit some time,

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:26 pm 
Centenarian

Hi Foo!

Good to see you back on a forum. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FOO,

You need to mark April 23 weekend on your calendar so you can visit my site, BWW-Bridgeport, WV, along with 60 or so of your closest friends.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:40 pm 
Centenarian

tiefly wrote:
FOO,

You need to mark April 23 weekend on your calendar so you can visit my site, BWW-Bridgeport, WV, along with 60 or so of your closest friends.

FOOO!

Yes, you need to come to WV. I hear Tiefly has a batch of that special juice for you...he likes it when you call him DEVIL! :evil: :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:24 pm 
Precinct?

I'll check with a couple of guys tonight to see if I can get a group together to hit the appalachian highway in April...

I also wanted to add that Dickmann's DOES allow smoking..... I forgot that tidbit earlier.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:21 pm 
Precinct?

Well you can add Dickmanns to the growing list of establishments in Northern KY where I am no longer welcome. Well actually you could have added it like 8 months ago - I'm a lil late. Not much has changed there tho from what I hear - still smoking-allowed, still a small number of pretty good players on some nights - still a ton of TVs and very hot servers. The owner is kind of a Dick man (get it? I made a play on words out of his name!!! HA!) but he won't be talking to ya so it won't matter.

IF anyone heads up this way for shits and giggles I'd try it out. The BWWs in Ft Wright KY is right around the corner and the TGIF at Turkeyfoot Rd is one exit west on 275 so there's plenty in the area. I hang out at a place called KJs off Buttermilk - no trivia but I can get laid there as the crowd is not a majority of 21 year olds - oh and they have good music most nights.

Strangely, all the places I was originally thrown out of don't remember me anymore cuz the management is either dead or gone elsewhere so I still visit BWWs Cold Spring (BTW go there if u wanna feel like a fucking genius - I swear dumber than a pile of bricks - I think it is the water) or BWWs Ft Wright (a few good players - ROTO, DEUCE, some other guy I can't remember now).

Foobar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:50 pm 
Centenarian

You mean to tell me these places asked you not to return?? I can't imagine what you could have possibly said or done to have that happen...... :?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:11 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

TOOTS wrote:
You mean to tell me these places asked you not to return?? I can't imagine what you could have possibly said or done to have that happen...... :?

Foobar,

Do you ever come across the River to the "Dark Side"

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:54 pm 
Precinct?

Not that often... any particular place you had in mind?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:01 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

http://www.buzztime.com/profile?pid=207203&tn=recent

Looks like ol' Foobar has become a Texas Hold'em player at Barney's in Fort Mitchell, KY.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:23 pm 
Himself Fodder

scar wrote:
http://www.buzztime.com/profile?pid=207203&tn=recent

Looks like ol' Foobar has become a Texas Hold'em player at Barney's in Fort Mitchell, KY.

If you can't run with the trivia big dogs, play fake poker.