New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mr. B's Los Alamitos, CA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:53 pm 
Lotsa Posta

The site has 20 boxes and most of them are usually working. Friday and Saturday nights are the busiest as far as trivia is concerned. It is a team bar/restaurant and is very competitive especially for Spotlight. Friday nights, boxes are at a premium. Anyone is welcome, but I would suggest contacting one of the regulars, if visiting one of the other nights. In addition, Perry, the owner, is very good about keeping the system and boxes up and running.

The food is edible and has a sizeable menu, but nothing to brag about. The service is outstanding as the bartenders and waitresses do a very good job, especially Traci. Kids can be brought as there is a dining area that is away from the bar. About ten beers are available on tap and several others are available in bottles. Mixed drinks aren't exceptionally strong but drinkable.

Access is easy as the I-605 freeway is nearby and south is the I-405 freeway. For the record, the I-405 and I-605 merge nearby, so anyone can arrive or escape pretty easily except during rush hour. The disadvantages are that the prices are just a little bit higher some other sites and the gawd-awful karaoke. These attempts at singing are horrible, so my suggestion is to be gone by 9. Just remember, if visiting, we are in the Pacific Time Zone and the games start earlier.

Post subject: Re: Mr. B's Los Alamitos, CA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:07 pm 
Octogenarian

Thanks for the fine report on "my" current homesite, maybe one day i might actually be able to visit the site in person. :D