New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TGIFs - Dayton, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:42 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Well another one bites the dust.. We heard from corporate that all TGIFs have been directed to get rid of NTN by end of the year (I didn't see the actual memo). The Dayton location replaced TVs Friday and went ahead and dumped it before the deadline...I don't mind moving to another place, but dammit they had good boards that actually lasted. Almost every other location in Dayton area has terrible boards and they frequently die with no notice.

Post subject: Re: TGIFs - Dayton, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:08 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

What will happen to CRAZY if all TGIF sites loose BT?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:06 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

it sucks again

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:32 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Does this mean that Bargos is now the #1 trivia bar in all the land? As someone would say, EGADS!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bonzo wrote:
Does this mean that Bargos is now the #1 trivia bar in all the land? As someone would say, EGADS!

Looking at the medal count, it is Milano's as the leader.

But Bargo's is #1 in BOTFLY's tiny lil heart...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Nah, it's Elsa's Cantina.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:19 pm 

clark wrote:
Almost every other location in Dayton area has terrible boards and they frequently die with no notice.

Hey Clark... what's your Buzztime Username and which locations have bad boards? We can have tech support contact them and get the boards replaced! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

clark wrote:
Well another one bites the dust.. We heard from corporate that all TGIFs have been directed to get rid of NTN by end of the year (I didn't see the actual memo). The Dayton location replaced TVs Friday and went ahead and dumped it before the deadline...I don't mind moving to another place, but dammit they had good boards that actually lasted. Almost every other location in Dayton area has terrible boards and they frequently die with no notice.

I cannot understand the local restaurant's not taking a stand and demanding that they be made an exception to corporate policy. I cannot imagine competent executives at the national level being so unaware of the structure of their customer base in the Dayton location.

You were the number one Buzztime site in the nation. You had a Total Score, a metric reflective of cumulative serious play, well into the nine figures. Buzztime was a primary driver of business at TGI Friday's Dayton. The site threw that profit source into the garbage. Now you're all registered a half-dozen miles down the road at some sub shop that just became the World's Leading Buzztime Site. That's an insane business decision by TGI Friday's. They've lost a substantial fraction--I'd guess around ten or twenty percent--of their business. Buzztime isn't cheap, but it doesn't cost as much--nearly as much--as the profit just thrown away.

You probably all saw my review: I played at your site before it closed, and even if I missed you all, it was good to have been there. I've had the chance to play with many of your team elsewhere. I'm glad that we're still playing together, even if TGI Friday's has made a terrible mistake.

Last edited by WB TANAKA on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

When I first started playing Buzztime, TGI Friday's had it in Downtown St Louis 5 yrs ago and at another location before that in Creve Couer, MO.....then they dropped it and for 2 yrs Hooters had it in their Downtown St Louis locale b4 they dropped little under a yr ago.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:01 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
What will happen to CRAZY if all TGIF sites loose BT?

He'll stumble his curmudgeony old ass across the street to BDubs... that's where he always played until about 8 or 9 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:06 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

BUD wrote:

Agreed. Milano's is just where they are parking the medals now. Might as well just say that Cadillac Jack's in Kettering (R.I.P) is the #1 bar.

I'm not sure I would've picked Milano's, as Todd and crew are legit, because there is a bunch of cheating bastards that play Showdown and bring the rep of that place down.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:20 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

clark wrote:

Clark, I heard the same thing a couple of weeks ago at the TGIF in Pensacola, FL. Regulars with 30M+ Players Plus points were upset they were losing their site of many years.

I commiserated, but pointed out that would reduce their site count to 10 for a metro of 52 thousand, and where ever they went it couldn't be very far.

They were not consoled.

Too bad about the Fridays; we had some great times at the one in Louisville.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:21 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
BUD wrote:

Agreed. Milano's is just where they are parking the medals now. Might as well just say that Cadillac Jack's in Kettering (R.I.P) is the #1 bar.

I'm not sure I would've picked Milano's, as Todd and crew are legit, because there is a bunch of cheating bastards that play Showdown and bring the rep of that place down.

Not too big a deal, but we split our time all over Dayton, usually TGIFs, Elsas, and Milanos. I think Milanos supports us pretty well on Sundays for lunch, so we moved our boards to there..

To answer Krazikatt question, any place with new,lighter boards works well, anyplace with older heavier boards are inconsistent. Describing them as "terrible" was probably inaccurate since a lot depends on whether the bars take the time to charge them properly everyday. I am fortunate to have over 12 bars easily within 20 minutes, but for night time games where we anticipate 8 players, I'm skeptical that all the boards will last for the whole game. For problems, the two Bargos (Centerville and University of Dayton) are at the top of the list, and the local BWW (Sugarcreek and Kettering) are a close second. Usually Elsas is okay, but last Saturday we had two boards die, you just never know....

I briefly suggested moving the golds to Bargos, Cincinnati, but that would have just hightlighted that we need more strip joints (or something) in southwest Ohio :geek:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:30 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

clark wrote:
Well another one bites the dust.. ...tgif dayton...

WB TANAKA wrote:
I cannot understand the local restaurant's not taking a stand and demanding that they be made an exception to corporate policy. I cannot imagine competent executives at the national level being so unaware of the structure of their customer base in the Dayton location.

I would guess the manager did. Ours did when the franchise lost interest.
Obviously, Dayton is on a different level than beautiful Newport News.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:53 am 

clark wrote:
To answer Krazikatt question, any place with new,lighter boards works well, anyplace with older heavier boards are inconsistent. Describing them as "terrible" was probably inaccurate since a lot depends on whether the bars take the time to charge them properly everyday. I am fortunate to have over 12 bars easily within 20 minutes, but for night time games where we anticipate 8 players, I'm skeptical that all the boards will last for the whole game. For problems, the two Bargos (Centerville and University of Dayton) are at the top of the list, and the local BWW (Sugarcreek and Kettering) are a close second. Usually Elsas is okay, but last Saturday we had two boards die, you just never know....

Thanks! I'll have tech support contact those locations and see what they can do to get new equipment there.