New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WOOF: Triad area of NC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:22 am 
Phosphorus

Hello, all you happy people.

My name is Warren (handle: WOOF), and I'm based around the GSO/Winston-Salem/High Point area of North Carolina. I was referred here by TIEFLY - as I got to meet him during a trip back to WV (from Charleston, but was up in Bridgeport meeting people) as we watched Marshall beat ECU the day after Thanksgiving. I tend to like sports/Wednesday/Friday trivia, and even though I have one main site, I rotate among three or four during the normal week.

Here's my buzztime profile: The Wednesday games are team, the Friday ones are not unless I end up going to Four Corners.

bw3 High Point - (home) - mainly by tradition; it opened pretty much when I moved here to NC some time back, and so it's stuck. I play here some but not as regularly, since the wed/fri games I used to play here I now mainly play elsewhere.

Hams Palladium - they got Buzztime a little while back, and there's a group which sometimes plays Showdown, and a group playing a poker tourney on occasion. Only has the capability to throw Buzztime on three TVs, but they're good about it on most nights.

The interesting thing about the two above: they are in the same strip mall complex. You can walk right across the parking lot to get from one to the other. In fact, since the bw3 closes earlier, some bw3 workers will end up getting a beverage at Hams post work. I'll post a picture of this - in the early days of the Playmaker app, I played poker against guys at Hams from bw3, not knowing the community cards - and sometimes winning despite that!

Bleachers Sports Bar - used to be part of the local JP Looneys group, now under new ownership. I play with a group of four-five people, sometimes more for mainly Sci-Files/SIX/Pastimes/Lexatopia(sp), although mainly the first two in my case. The goal is to get the bar on to the national board, so answers are shared. Good group of people, and nice bartender.

bw3 Winston-Salem - used to work in area, come here for Spotlight to play with a friend of mine. Really good bartender works here, and this place got the new tablet playmakers last week. I don't mind the new playmakers, but multiboxing would appear to be more difficult with them, IMO.

Anyway, there's a start.

Warren

Post subject: Re: WOOF: Triad area of NC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:33 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Welcome to the site & I enjoyed playing w/ you during your visit to Bport. You can send me a PM via this site if you happen to head back to Hillbillyville in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:21 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Well, welcome there WOOF.

Scar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:43 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Welcome. I spend time in Durham and Lexington often. My trips to Durham are pretty intense, with eight relatives to hang with, but I usually have more flexibility when in Lexington. I'll try to remember to let you know next time I'm in NC.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:05 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Welcome, WOOF. RXMAW and I aren't so far away--we should get together sometime.

Down by your sites...BWW Farmville VA is nice, but it's a standard BWW and there's no hotel within walking distance. ;)