New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "New" Site: the former Dan McGuinness, Moore OK
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:22 am 
Colt

Dan McGuinness Pub in Moore OK was removed from the Buzztime map in May 2013 when an EF5 tornado completely destroyed the strip mall in which it was located. The owner has recently reopened--although they've dropped the Dan McGuinness franchise in favor of a locally-owned country-and-western theme--but they had Buzztime trivia for the first time in over 18 months on Monday.

It was never my regular site--there were closer options in Norman--but I had been there a few times and it's nice to see that people in Moore and south OKC now have a non-BWW option.

Post subject: Re: "New" Site: the former Dan McGuinness, Moore OK
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ericb wrote:
Dan McGuinness Pub in Moore OK was removed from the Buzztime map in May 2013 when an EF5 tornado completely destroyed the strip mall in which it was located. The owner has recently reopened--although they've dropped the Dan McGuinness franchise in favor of a locally-owned country-and-western theme--but they had Buzztime trivia for the first time in over 18 months on Monday.

It was never my regular site--there were closer options in Norman--but I had been there a few times and it's nice to see that people in Moore and south OKC now have a non-BWW option.

That's great the owner got a new place open in less than 2 years. What's the name of this new country and western themed place and is it in the same rebuilt strip mall location?

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Last edited by BUD on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:12 am 
King or Queen Postalot

Agreed. Rebuilding that quickly from scratch is impressive on its own, let alone taking on disposable expenses like a trivia subscription. I hope they do well

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:58 am 
Lord of Scaratings

BUD wrote:
ericb wrote:

That's great the owner got a new place open in less than 2 years. What's the name of this new country and western themed place and is it in the same rebuilt strip mall location?

My Guess is the Okie Tonk Cafe

http://www.buzztime.com/site/39395/games