New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Buffalo Wild Wings South Portland, ME
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:42 am 
Something

I usually play at BWW in So Portland, ME. I usually go for happy hour/specials. I went once on a Thursday night and ended up sitting next to a guy with over a million points. 6 or 7 people were playing trivia and it was GREAT playing with other people. We wondered if we would make the bar highs score (we didn't) but had a lot of fun. I've also gone where there is NO one playing trivia even for the premium games. It's hit or miss.

Post subject: Re: Buffalo Wild Wings South Portland, ME
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:42 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

schushoe wrote:
I usually play at BWW in So Portland, ME. I usually go for happy hour/specials. I went once on a Thursday night and ended up sitting next to a guy with over a million points. 6 or 7 people were playing trivia and it was GREAT playing with other people. We wondered if we would make the bar highs score (we didn't) but had a lot of fun. I've also gone where there is NO one playing trivia even for the premium games. It's hit or miss.

I mostly play alone in Atlanta GA due to a dearth of other players.

Yesterday I drove a half an hour to Locos Deli in Alpharetta just to have someone else to play against. I go there every once in awhile, but always feel like a decided outsider.

I arrived and sat where I could to see a monitor, a little down from the regulars as there was no room there and I didn't want to intrude.

I played 3 hours of Countdown, helped the bar score I think in each game (they play team), and left without acknowledgement from anyone except my bartender.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I have to solo most of the time at my site here in Hillbillyville (WV). Like SCAR, I'm willing to drive to see friends and find some competition. However, due to the passing of some friends that I would visit to compete against (namely FLEGAL & JPRD) & my buddy's (DAWG) in Morgantown inability to think properly due to his battle with brain cancer, I don't get out as much. I usually try to play the 5-7 east coast games just to see LILJOL's handle on the board...EGADS!!

SHU, you should check out the Triviapalooza thread here and/or page on FB. It's a "meet-up" with a variety sampling of BT players...the Good, the Bad, and the Extremely Intoxicated of BT.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:02 pm 
Something

I saw the triviapalooza and it's in Ohio. A HECK of a long drive but I have a good car.

And this might be a tangent but I love buzztime for the fact that you can go out and have dinner and have something fun to do alone and it feels less weird to me. I'm a life long introvert who loves going out & works an odd schedule.

Nice to know other people play alone too!

ShuShu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:06 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I am past caring about competition. The other guy can win against me all day so long as I am hitting or passing my averages in a game. I won all three games tonight but I killed my average in a game that might be my Top Player debut. So it rustled my jimmies. 4k in Immortal Words when my average is 6.8