New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Buffalo Wild Wings coming to Utica, NY...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

As most of you know, I've been spending a lot of time in Rome, NY lately. Currently, the closest place to play NTN trivia is in Syracuse, which is about an hour's drive. About a year ago the Utica, NY newspaper had an article about Buffalo Wild Wings opening a restaurant in the Sangertown Mall in New Hartford. (A suburb of Utica, which only about a 15 minute drive from Rome.) A year has gone by and nothing has happened.

Despite the long delay, assuming that there will be a Buffalo Wild Wings in the Sangertown Mall, it will become my away-from-home bar.

However, this will be a mixed blessing. The Sangertown Mall has a no smoking policy that applies to every square inch of their property, including the parking lot, which is about the size of Rhode Island. I would estimate that it would take me at least 5 minutes to limp off their property to light up between games. When you factor in 3 minutes to smoke the cigarette, and another 5 minutes to limp back to the bar, this sounds like a problem for me.

Why not just say screw it, and light up in the parking lot anyway...? They have rent-a-cops that patrol the parking lot looking for smoking violators. When they catch them, they order the smoker to put the cigarette out, or else...! How do I know this...? They caught me once, and I'm relieved that I wasn't tased, handcuffed, and arrested. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Buffalo Wild Wings coming to Utica, NY...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:06 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Well, I read Cloudy's post here and checked the site finder.

Closest locale is about an hour away, so that Bdubs still hasn't made it.