New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Blue Goose Sports Cafe
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:40 pm 
Octogenarian

Blue Goose is in Sharonville, OH (north side of Cincinnati) just off of I-75. Most of the time, play is solo and relatively sparse, but we've managed to get a fairly decent team going for Tuesday and Wednesday night games. We're always looking for more help and any wayward travelers that happen by!

There are 20 boxes, and most of them work pretty well (beware of box 19, which has a couple of buttons that are finicky). They are in a cabinet, but the wait staff will get one for you. There are usually at least a couple of TVs on trivia, and they are happy to put it up if it's not.

Unfortunately, I'm not a drinker, so I don't know much about the alcohol, but the food is pretty good and reasonably priced.

PS - I think about a year ago I saw DANTE and SCAR on the local leaderboard, so I'm assuming you've already been there ... let me know if you guys make a return engagement!

PPS - Thanks for making this board! I think it's a great service to the community (which, without an outlet like this, would probably have withered and died away, frankly).

Post subject: Re: Blue Goose Sports Cafe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:52 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

scannon wrote:
Blue Goose is in Sharonville, OH (north side of Cincinnati) just off of I-75. Most of the time, play is solo and relatively sparse, but we've managed to get a fairly decent team going for Tuesday and Wednesday night games. We're always looking for more help and any wayward travelers that happen by!

There are 20 boxes, and most of them work pretty well (beware of box 19, which has a couple of buttons that are finicky). They are in a cabinet, but the wait staff will get one for you. There are usually at least a couple of TVs on trivia, and they are happy to put it up if it's not.

Unfortunately, I'm not a drinker, so I don't know much about the alcohol, but the food is pretty good and reasonably priced.

PS - I think about a year ago I saw DANTE and SCAR on the local leaderboard, so I'm assuming you've already been there ... let me know if you guys make a return engagement!

PPS - Thanks for making this board! I think it's a great service to the community (which, without an outlet like this, would probably have withered and died away, frankly).

Yep, Scar and I dropped in one day for lunch, if I remember correctly. Nice place. If I remember right, they had some nice sandwiches. :D I'll drop by next time I'm up there for work (we have an office relatively close by).

Post subject: Re: Blue Goose Sports Cafe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:38 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Dante wrote:
scannon wrote:

Yep, Scar and I dropped in one day for lunch, if I remember correctly. Nice place. If I remember right, they had some nice sandwiches. :D I'll drop by next time I'm up there for work (we have an office relatively close by).

I had a good burger. I liked the place. Bet it is fun at night.

We made the national and local boards in the time we were there in the middle of the afternoon, and went over to Bargos where that crowd had seen us and wondered what we were doing there.