New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BWW, Bridgeport, WV
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:58 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Easily located off of I-79 using the Jerry Dove exit near Bridgeport, WV. However, if you make the wrong turn AWAY from the BWW, you will find yourself at an armed check point which is patrolled by the FBI Police. More than likely, the will give you directiions to turn around and politley ask that you do not hit any of the numerous deer in the area with your vehicle.

The BWW is a smoke-free environment, but does have a covered patio with wind screens and outside heaters-which may or may not need butane. It is a stand alone location.

There are always a few of the 25 or so inside TVs on Trivia and Poker. The Sports Channel is also available upon request to management (or ask me if I'm there-I'm allowed to change BT programming). There are also 5 TVs on the patio for trivia, temperature permitting. Management is willing to change TVs to provide trivia access both inside and outside.

Playmakers are usually distributed by the bartender/waitstaff, but you can grab your own. They are under the waitstands. 30 or so work well, without a lag. Wetnaps are at the tables and on the bar, as well as by the condiments.

There isn't much trivia play during the days or nights, with Friday & Saturday being somewhat the exception. On those nights, 5-8 people can be found trying to play as a team, knowing that there will be sandbagging as the game nears the end. Weekend days will find me playing and texting other East Coast day players.

If I'm there, I'm usually playing solo with two PMs, not splitting answers. I find playing two PM somewhat slows my drinking, allowing me to play for longer stints. I'm more than willing to team up with others visiting and am willing to help newcomers to set up accounts or log on.

There are usually 2-3 beers on special for $3.00-3.75 for a 22 ouncer, and a particularly vile, blue concoction called a Mountaineer Ice Tea, available during WVU games, $2.00. Nothing spectacular on type, but a decent bottle selection.

The food is, well, BWW food. Service is fairly dependable, but there are lots of first time employees. The long time employees are well above average, though.

And, as those who attended WVBTO I know, it is within EXTREME stumbling distance from hotel accommodations.