New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: RIP Old Chicago Brandon Florida
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:40 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Sadly...on Christmas Eve, the employees were told not to come in on 12/26...giving the impression they were getting an extra day off. Heard they did it a la the Baltimore Colts...packed up a moving truck in the middle of the night and were gone. Hope all of the staff land on their feet.

http://brandon.patch.com/articles/old-chicago-on-badlands-drive-in-brandon-closes-its-doors

Post subject: Re: RIP Old Chicago Brandon Florida
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:55 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Stunned, because this is the first time I've ever heard of an Old Chicago closing. The chain is growing up here, but I guess whoever had the rights to the Florida area picked the wrong place at the wrong time.

OC is a good franchise. Good Food, Good beer, and very family oriented. It would work great in bigger cities like Orlando, Miami, Destin, Tampa, etc. I guess whoever tired didn't know how to do a franchise.

Yoda.........OC in L-ville is my home

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:48 pm 
Himself Fodder

MiniYoda wrote:
Stunned, because this is the first time I've ever heard of an Old Chicago closing. The chain is growing up here, but I guess whoever had the rights to the Florida area picked the wrong place at the wrong time.

OC is a good franchise. Good Food, Good beer, and very family oriented. It would work great in bigger cities like Orlando, Miami, Destin, Tampa, etc. I guess whoever tired didn't know how to do a franchise.

LOL. Without giving it a second thought I can tell you that all three of the OC's I've played in have closed. One in the DFW area and two in Missouri.

BO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:

LOL. Without giving it a second thought I can tell you that all three of the OC's I've played in have closed. One in the DFW area and two in Missouri.

BO

I found the Old Chicago in Springfield, MO still open and still has Buzztime. Where was the locations that closed in the Show-Me State???

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:31 am 
Himself Fodder

MitchWolf wrote:
I found the Old Chicago in Springfield, MO still open and still has Buzztime. Where was the locations that closed in the Show-Me State???

I was under the impression that the Springfield location did close but now see it's not. Something happened though because it's been there for a while yet that site has a quite recent id number. If it did close for a short spell it would have had to get a new site id.

The other MO location was in Columbia.

BO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:46 am 

If a site changes ownership the boards get pulled and the id changes even if the new owners continue trivia.

No matter how hard you push the envelope, it's still stationery.
Edit/Delete Message

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:16 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

The building is currently empty (stripped). Maybe once a new restaurant goes in, they might get trivia back. As it is now, BWW and Barnacle's are right around the corner to play trivia.

sigis wrote:
If a site changes ownership the boards get pulled and the id changes even if the new owners continue trivia.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:52 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The Old Chicago near me in Elk Grove Village dropped Buzztime. I was very surprised when they opened there, because it is in an industrial/small office park. There is no one in the area after 5 PM other than people driving elsewhere. I am surprised they are still in business other than than the fact they are next to or part of a Holiday Inn. I do not expect that location to survive much longer.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank