New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The GOOGIE/LEELA Showdown Connection
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:16 am 
Himself Fodder

Quick background - In this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1077 GOOGIE admits to also playing the LEELA box at locations other than the one he's currently in. He(She?) claims he sees nothing wrong with this.

GOOGIE's SD history - http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... =11&stp=gh
LEELA's SD history - http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... tp=gh&d=11

The problem is these two handles frequently play at different locations during SD. For example, on 5/24/11 GOOGIE scored 45531 at D Ray's as part of a team while LEELA scored 31184 at RJ Kahunas. The last 5 times LEELA has played SD, GOOGIE has also played and at a different location as part of a team. Each time LEELA scored far fewer points than the GOOGIE box playing as part of a team.

6 weeks in a row, from 3/1/11 - 4/5/11 both handles played at BWW Ironton. Again, all 6 times the LEELA box scored fewer points, sometimes it was close, other times not. Why this is I don't know for now.

On 2/15 GOOGIE was scoring almost 56k finishing 1st of 22 at BWW Ironton while LEELA was scoring 6k at The Elks Lodge.

Now we know GOOGIE and LEELA are played by the same person, but we don't know about some of the other handles. There are a lot of handles in the Ashland area that have 20+ SD games played in the last 6 months. After quickly perusing a few I've noticed they have also played at varying locations as well as only playing a couple of questions on occasion. For example, WACKO played March and April at BWW Ironton, but on 5/17/11 played at RJ Kahunas scoring less than 2k, the exact numbers and location as LEELA. Same goes for BWW Huntington on 2/22/11.

There's tons of information out there on various players similar to what I've gone through if others wish to do some investigating.

Another interesting fact, GOOGIE averages 40023 in SD and hasn't missed a final question in 15 games, while at the same time has a BrainBuster average of 5774 with the same players in attendance.

The above are simply facts and figures, we don't know all of what's actually happening at the aforementioned locations. What we do know for sure is that at least one player is logged in via mobile PM at another location during Showdown. Interpret this data as you see fit.

BO

Post subject: Re: The GOOGIE/LEELA Showdown Connection
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I don't know, BO. What do you think?

Interesting research but I don't see that anyone's done anything wrong here. Do you? I love a good conspiracy theory but this looks like nothing more than someone playing two boxes which isn't unusual except in this case they post at different sites.

I have no experience with playing on a cellphone but I wonder if there is a lag problem when people are posting to a remote site? That might account for why one set of numbers comes up consistently lower.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:07 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

What it boils down to is that we have someone exploiting the system. In looking at the Thursday game. The person playing was in Ashland Elks. The silver medal which this person played was at a bar - RJ Kahunas 16 minutes away. The locations then switched for the 815 game. Unless a warp drive has been built, you cannot physically go from those two locations.

We have problems with borgs in Showdown. We don't need more crap in the other games.

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:50 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Quick background - In this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1077 GOOGIE admits to also playing the LEELA box at locations other than the one he's currently in. He(She?) claims he sees nothing wrong with this.

BO

Well, I just checked your link. I looked on three separate pages for the word "LEELA" and found no matches! How the hell can googie claim to be playing as LEELA if that word is not even to be found?

-- RWM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I would love to know which of the sites has the greatest lag difference from BWW Ironton of the closest sites. I'm betting on the Elks, rather than Huntington.

Pathetic.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:15 pm 
Himself Fodder

Here's something I want to know in regards to PB last night, and this happens over nearly every premium game in the area.

Here's the players at BWW Ironton http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_hof_ ... &sid=29899 Standard stuff.

Here's the players at D Ray's in Ashland http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_hof_ ... &sid=37056 8 handles logged in, none really playing, all tied to the Ironton team.

Here's the players at Ashland Elk's Lodge http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_hof_ ... &sid=36876 3 handles logged in, none really playing, all tied to the Ironton team. All handles (LEELA, ELZAR, DRZOID) are also concurrently logged in at D Ray's.

Now yes, some of these handles could be doing so to complete their last card. But some have already completed all 16. However I did find another cheat which I will explain in another thread.

But this is ridiculous, I am sick and tired of a dozen handles logged into other locations via mobile PM when they very well could be sitting at BWW Ironton. Well, we actually already know that happens.

BO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:25 am 
Centenarian

If I gave a damn about what your opinion was Bo I would be falttered that you went to all this trouble. My Brainbuster is admittedly weak. But I am not a fan of the game and if Buzztime took it off and replaced it with an hour Glory Daze I would be happy. Eric came up with a game I can't stand and don't participate in. It's called dollar trivia and basically every game before Showdown any one who wants to play puts up a dollar. Each player is allowed only one handle and they have to call it before the game starts. The highest participating handle wins the money. There is obviouslly no sharing answers during these games like during Showdown, everyone answers solo.
So the average scores you see for Glory Daze:
Bobby 11,247
Eric 10,931
Vlaman10,516
Googie 10,048
Jingle 9,036
Sparkl 9,003
Firm 8,893

Brainbuster:
Bobby 8,934
Vlaman8,058
Eric 7,505
Firm 6,971
Googie5,831
Jingle 4595
Sparkl 4,581
These are basiclly solo averages.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:33 pm 
Centenarian

ERIC wrote:
The Dollar games gives players on our team to have fun playing cutthroat, and a chance of winning money. Just something to entertain us on the games leading up to Showdown, not meant to do any harm. Just simple entertainment to see who knew the most. That's all. Googie, I Don't understand why you can't stand the game?

It's just a personal opinion. We started as a team and shared answers. I have just always felt that if we played as a team we do better obviously. Not that it helped a lot playing as a team during Showdown. That was a really tough game with a really tough finale. I would like to see more games like that. I might consider playing during Glory Daze because I enjoy it so much. But I really am getting tired of the cheating accusations because I thought that we all had moved on. I guess some people just are not happy unless the have something to complain about. Remindes me of Stan from last nights South Park. Everyone is so cynical and all they see is crap.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:49 pm 
Colt

googie wrote:
ERIC wrote:
The Dollar games gives players on our team to have fun playing cutthroat, and a chance of winning money. Just something to entertain us on the games leading up to Showdown, not meant to do any harm. Just simple entertainment to see who knew the most. That's all. Googie, I Don't understand why you can't stand the game?

It's just a personal opinion. We started as a team and shared answers. I have just always felt that if we played as a team we do better obviously. Not that it helped a lot playing as a team during Showdown. That was a really tough game with a really tough finale. I would like to see more games like that. I might consider playing during Glory Daze because I enjoy it so much. But I really am getting tired of the cheating accusations because I thought that we all had moved on. I guess some people just are not happy unless the have something to complain about. Remindes me of Stan from last nights South Park. Everyone is so cynical and all they see is crap.

Don't wait for the translation... Answer the question! Why do you cheat? It's simple, really... If you want PP+ points, God bless ya. Do you want to finish your cards? LOL! Just give a reason why you use the lag from an off-site!

bacho

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:01 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BACHO, you are asking the same thing that I have since this crap started.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?

The lack of a straight up answer only leads to me to one conclusion...someone is cheating and is too big of wuss to admit it.

Get some balls and just say "I cheat 'cause I can...Fuck You! I'll play any way I want."

I'd actually respect that...somewhat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:50 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

That reason of "cheating because they can...F everyone else" is exactly what's going on for Wed. SIX at Nobles in Baltimore too.

BT has made it very easy to cheat these days and they need to fix the synch between bars so there is no lag and all would be fine. Those who are just hitting buttons blindly can still fill their cards but the lag cheaters would be cut off.

What happened to the BT promise of a year or so ago that all bars would be synched up at the beginning of each and every game???
It's not happening anymore.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:09 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

Gentlemen,

Stop being dicks.

Thanks,

Management