New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SD 9/13/2011
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I can't believe I am going to lose this bet. I was predicting one of the following; I thought this was a fairly straight forward game, I don't know why yall struggled?; I am so happy for us, we did really well, completely surprised, we guessed on four pyramids; you mean we smacked the shit out of everybody in the country; I got some new teammates just before this tourny and they are awesome; or, fuck! we finally went too far.

It was predicted weeks ago this would happen, well looky here?

discuss..

Post subject: Re: SD 9/13/2011
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:50 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

So, Bobby, you played at McGillacuddy's did you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I guess everyone is drinking the kool aid. Enjoy.

I was wondering why "someone" can't score well in SIQ as well? Wait, I know, the answers being "iPodded" in aren't uniform throughout the bars. Kind of funny how that works, hmmm....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:52 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

No text..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:16 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I never realized how smart I am... I have a better average on most games than the number one Showdown player in the world! Wait until I tell my mom!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:31 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

lewser wrote:

I was wondering why "someone" can't score well in SIQ as well? Wait, I know, the answers being "iPodded" in aren't uniform throughout the bars. Kind of funny how that works, hmmm....

Don't get me wrong I catch your drift, but I score pretty darn well in some games (not the particular SD in question - ho hum there) yet can't score well in SIQ. How well would you score in a game about something you don't give a rat's ass about or a minute's attention to? Pretty useless comparator.

That said I do find gaudy Lexitopia scores coming from some otherwise pedestrian intellects a tad suspect myself. Perhaps there are secret word nerds, who take pains to hide their expansive vocabularies at other times, out there just like sports-hating Showdown mavens. I'm only say perhaps of course. Psychic I am not.

Last edited by Rhino on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:47 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Rhino wrote:
Don't get me wrong I catch your drift, but I score pretty darn well in some games (not the particular SD in question - ho hum there) yet can't score well in SIQ. How well would you score in a game about something you don't give a rat's ass about or a minute's attention to? Pretty useless comparator.

The person in question has won the nation running 5 boards by themself in Monday's Sports Trivia Challenge, but can barely crack the top 20 in SIQ.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:25 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

OK I understand - but this is the first mention of comparing sports score against sports scores in a thread expressing suspicion of Showdown scores. SD ability has little to no connection to SIQ ability, as sports questions rarely appear.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:17 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

lewser wrote:

I have always bemoaned the fact the the answers arent uniform from bar to bar, for example in the SIQ "spelling round" but I suppose if it has the unintended result of helping to keep cheating to a minimum then maybe its a good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Regarding sports trivia we have the opposite situation in Wisconsin. There are a couple guys in southern Wisconsin that are extremely highly rated in SIQ (top 5 in nation), and yet in STC they can be well under 20K on a very regular basis and average I think in the 18K range. Not suggesting there is anything sinister going on there at all, but it is hard to understand the wide range of differences between the two sports games.