New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Another One Bites The Dust
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:17 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

The Tampa team is suddenly homeless. There's a "closed" sign on the door at the In The Zone Pub.

Our group, which averages nearly 20 players every week, will be scouting other locations to be our new base. The team that started out at Hubb's Pubb thirteen years ago and has been forced to move three times now is on the move again.

We'll be back.

Post subject: Re: Another One Bites The Dust
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

S O B wrote:
The Tampa team is suddenly homeless. There's a "closed" sign on the door at the In The Zone Pub.

Our group, which averages nearly 20 players every week, will be scouting other locations to be our new base. The team that started out at Hubb's Pubb thirteen years ago and has been forced to move three times now is on the move again.

So sorry to hear this--our team definitely feels your pain. I wish you a speedy and successful search for new digs, especially since your team is currently in the top three in terms of average rank in Showdown over the past year.

For the benefit of we young whippersnappers out here, could you give a brief rundown of the places where your Tampa team has played since the Hubb's Pub days? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:46 am 
Moderating Hobbit

S O B wrote:

We'll be back.

I know it would be a long drive, but I'd be glad to take your answers if you want to come play in Louisville ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:55 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

We were also #1 for the year on Don Denton's Place Points Ranking with almost a 200 point lead over 2nd place. That will go away as The Zone will not earn another point this year.

Our History:
September, 1998 - December 2001 Hubb's Pubb (Later named Bilmar Station, closed)
January, 2002 - December 2007 Rock 'n Hard Cafe (Now D/B/A Murphys)
January 2008 - October 2009 Wild Wing Cafe (Closed)
November 2009 - November 2011 In The Zone Pub (Closed)

A few of us will play tonight at Dagwoods. They don't have nearly enough playmakers for our full team so it's just a scouting mission. We're working with our NTN rep to identify a new location--not necessarily a current NTN client--that would like to have 20 new customers every Tuesday night.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:56 am 
Himself Fodder

That does suck. You should return to where your team play was hatched.

On second thought don't do that. Soon after you were here we had to relocate to Stadium Cafe and have been there since 2000, perhaps it's you! :o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:26 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
That does suck. You should return to where your team play was hatched.

On second thought don't do that. Soon after you were here we had to relocate to Stadium Cafe and have been there since 2000, perhaps it's you! :o

The truth, BO, is you don't want me back because I might take your lunch money.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:27 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Deja Vu. Read this post on the old Scaratings a few years back.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:40 pm 
Himself Fodder

So how did Dagwood's work out? Good sandwiches there?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:01 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
So how did Dagwood's work out? Good sandwiches there?

It might work. It's a very popular neighbor bar with 3-4 pool tables and it was pretty loud last night making it hard for team communication. Plus it allows smoking which bothers several of our players. They offered to add 10 more playmakers to their current 15 to accomodate us if we decide to stay but we don't know yet. We may try out others or even try to convince a new place to sign up for NTN if we agree to bring them 18-20 players every Tuesday.

Don't know if they're named after the sandwich but the wings were okay but it's just ordinary bar food. In Florida, smoking is not allowed in bars that derive more than 20% of their revenue from food sales. Therefore, any place that allows smoking will not have much of a kitchen. If the kitchen draws too many customers, the drinking smokers will have to go somewheres else. It's crazy. If we want to accomodate our non-smokers, we have to find a bar with bad food.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:54 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Sorry to hear. I knew I should have made it over to play with y'all one night...just never got around to it. I'd say come join me at J.F. Kicks, but they have only 10 Playmakers...and run a poker tournament on Tuesdays...so it's a little busy in there...but manageable. Trivia is on a big screen. I could talk to the manager about the situation and see if they were interested in adding Playmakers. Only other option in the Brandon area that could handle the # of playmakers would be BWW...and I know lots of people don't care for "The Lag". Good luck with your search for a new home.

S O B wrote:

We'll be back.