New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The last (?) Great Showdown - 21 February 2012
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:55 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Is everyone too dis-spirited by the proposed Buzztime Split to bother starting a new thread? I can certainly understand that, but want to congratulate The Fellowship of Stringz 'n Wingz for a strong victory in a difficult and historic game. Unless the Buzztime executive come to their senses, this seems to be effectively the end of over 25 years of continent-wide competition in Showdown, and it is fitting that it was won by what has been the best team over the past few years.

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things!" - Alexander Pope, 1712.

"Beauty is truth, and truth beauty", John Keats, 1820.

Post subject: Re: The last (?) Great Showdown - 21 February 2012
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I played the final real Showdown last night and it was fun. We finished 3rd behind Stringz and Mad River. Nationwide games you will be missed..

Stupid Lasker and Choral Music...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:51 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

7,157 players last night. I wonder if there'll ever be than many players again.

Props to the Streetsboro krewe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:41 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Probably not one I'd choose as best of breed really. There seemed to be a strong streak for current newsy questions - sort of a high-IQ Abused News. We did surprisingly OK with a pretty pedestrian score so others found it a bit testy too it seems.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:11 pm 
Legal Member

lewser wrote:
I played the final real Showdown last night and it was fun. We finished 3rd behind Stringz and Mad River. Nationwide games you will be missed..

You mean you finished 5th. But still a good finish!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:36 pm 
Himself Fodder

ARGHHH wrote:
lewser wrote:

No, he means finishing third. End Zone is a known cheat and Zack's borgs.

The betting window is open on when Ironton moves west of the Rockies. 8-) 8-) 8-)

BO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:41 am 
Legal Member

-BO- wrote:
ARGHHH wrote:
lewser wrote:

No, he means finishing third. End Zone is a known cheat and Zack's borgs.

The betting window is open on when Ironton moves west of the Rockies. 8-) 8-) 8-)

BO

End Zone in Ironton is a known cheat? I STRONGLY beg to differ. I've played at that site when I originally went to Morehead State. I played with ERICs team on a rare basis because I now go to school at UK for Chemical Engineering. I'd like to know where you get whatever your saying about his team. Because from visiting and personal experience, they do not cheat.

Private message me if you would like. Feel free.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:50 am 
Legal Member

My home site is Winchells in Lexington, KY when I have a chance to play I do but rarely cause of classes. I have family in Western West Virginia and play with Erics group on occasion when I pass through. I'd like to know what makes you think Erics group cheats.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am 
Himself Fodder

ARGHHH wrote:
End Zone in Ironton is a known cheat? I STRONGLY beg to differ. I've played at that site when I originally went to Morehead State. I played with ERICs team on a rare basis because I now go to school at UK for Chemical Engineering. I'd like to know where you get whatever your saying about his team. Because from visiting and personal experience, they do not cheat.

Private message me if you would like. Feel free.

Start with this. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1249&start=100 Find my post with multiple screen shots about halfway down. The rest of the thread is interesting as well along those lines.

I've got many more unpublished screen shots and numbers that are damning, but no need to publish because everybody here already knows what the scoop is. They simply mentally eliminate their location if it appears, just like when LEWSER stated they were 3rd.

Hmmm... based on your recent profile http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... d=11966109 I'm beginning to wonder if this is another setup.

BO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Falcon wrote:
Is everyone too dis-spirited by the proposed Buzztime Split to bother starting a new thread? I can certainly understand that, but want to congratulate The Fellowship of Stringz 'n Wingz for a strong victory in a difficult and historic game. Unless the Buzztime executive come to their senses, this seems to be effectively the end of over 25 years of continent-wide competition in Showdown, and it is fitting that it was won by what has been the best team over the past few years.

Thank you very much, Falcon (and S O B). Like many teams, I suppose, we really wanted to get the win on what will be the last true continent-wide Showdown rankings (at least for a while). We actually thought we might have blown our chance by the end of the Countdown Round, which was brutal for us. Thanks to ARBEZ for "choral music," WRATH for "medical science" and VICTOR for "Ixion" for pulling us out at the end. As always, it was a true team effort, and I continue to count myself fortunate to get to play with such a wonderful group.

To Danny K's, Coaches, Old Barn, Maeve's Residuals, and our other worthy opponents out west, we will miss seeing you up on the boards Tuesday nights. I hope to see you up there again someday.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:48 am 

ANON wrote:
Like many teams, I suppose, we really wanted to get the win on what will be the last true continent-wide Showdown rankings (at least for a while)

I am grateful we accomplished our goal.

I'm not bad -- I'm just drawn that way.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 pm 
Golden Tee Master

-BO- wrote:

Hmmm... based on your recent profile http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... d=11966109 I'm beginning to wonder if this is another setup.

BO

I have to agree with you. That person still hangs around on these boards. They cannot stay away. Too worried about someone calling them a cheater. Really very sad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:49 pm 
Lucky Member (China)

Over at Danny K's it looked like the end had already come. We have up to 20 people around the table for tourney play, 15 or so normally and 6 on Tuesday. We worked hard, but I don't know if the game seemed tough because it was or because we had already 'moved on?'

I will check in every month or so here to see if BT changes things back. Otherwise it was fun for awhile.

--MATTH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:53 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Looked at Arghhh's posts and it sure looks like the last con this guy tried to
pull on this site. Too much false praise for someone in Ashland. Know Dante is busy, but the easiest way to solve this is to look up the IP address. If it is around Ashland then we know he is a fake. Then he needs to be removed from the site like the last time. Guess I will get banned for this, but this stuff should have ended a long time ago. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

cards wrote:
pull on this site. Too much false praise for someone in Ashland. Know Dante is busy, but the easiest way to solve this is to look up the IP address. If it is around Ashland then we know he is a fake. Then he needs to be removed from the site like the last time. Guess I will get banned for this, but this stuff should have ended a long time ago. :roll:

Had a visitor to my site a few weeks back.

During the time we played, there were some high scores out of Ironton. Th guy asked me what I thought about a certain player there. I told him that I had never seen him cheat, which is true on my part.

His response: " I have".

EDIT: If I remember right...which 40%/60% probably not...at the 1st Triviapalooza held in Cincy @ Bargo's, I sat by GOOGIE (that much I'm 100% sure of) and I think his alternate box was played as ARGHHH...FWIW.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:29 pm 

ANON wrote:
To Danny K's, Coaches, Old Barn, Maeve's Residuals, and our other worthy opponents out west, we will miss seeing you up on the boards Tuesday nights. I hope to see you up there again someday.

Thanks from the Coaches crew. We will miss the national rankings and hope they come back. From what I can tell we're only going to lose a few regulars as a result of the changes, so hopefully we can weather the storm until nation-wide games comes back, if they do. At least everybody in the east and central time zone still have a real ranking system for the game, if only for half the country. For us out here in the mountain/west zone, the rankings will mean absolutely nothing.

Duff
(aka Fred S.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:46 pm 
Scarcolyte

RABBIT wrote:
ANON wrote:
Like many teams, I suppose, we really wanted to get the win on what will be the last true continent-wide Showdown rankings (at least for a while)

I am grateful we accomplished our goal.

You said it, sister.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:23 am 
You, in C.

This was only my second SD game in months but it was fun to go out with a bang and not a whimper. Farewell, real Showdown...it was a fun 16 years.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:33 pm 
Golden Tee Master

tiefly wrote:
cards wrote:

Had a visitor to my site a few weeks back.

During the time we played, there were some high scores out of Ironton. Th guy asked me what I thought about a certain player there. I told him that I had never seen him cheat, which is true on my part.

His response: " I have".

EDIT: If I remember right...which 40%/60% probably not...at the 1st Triviapalooza held in Cincy @ Bargo's, I sat by GOOGIE (that much I'm 100% sure of) and I think his alternate box was played as ARGHHH...FWIW.

Bottom line Nheff and ARGHHH are not who they say they are. If you check out their posts they are almost the same in the way they post. I would take anything they post on here with several grains of salt or whiskey. :P