New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: cheating at Playback....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:59 am 
For For Texters

Hey, I hardly ever come on here, so this has probably been discussed, but has anyone noticed how O'Hare's Grill and Pub in Rio Rancho, NM, has been cheating at Playback for the last couple of months?? I thought using the computer at Showdown was bad, but having your buddy give you all the answers every week...smh...I just don't get it. Maybe it makes them feel better about their pathetic lives lol. Anyway, I know some of my other "professional" trivia brethren have noticed...

Post subject: Re: cheating at Playback....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:10 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

OK, before everyone comes banging on my door asking for confirmation, I can't tell you what is happening at O'Hares in Rio Rancho, NM for any games after 4pm. I only go there for lunch on Thursdays and am gone by 4.

If somebody is east/west feed cheating, I've not heard about it. I could ask the staff, but it wouldn't change anything to have confirmation. As I've learned through my dealings with the Borg team at Spectator's, people like that just don't get it.

But, I may add that this is the wrong thread to be posting this question. There's another thread devoted to Playback elsewhere.

You bastards!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 am 
Himself Fodder

The problem was never O'Hares, it was the BWW in Santa Fe which was on the East feed. Any player in any premium game could go there, watch the game, then two hours later at another nearby location play the exact same game on the west feed. Playback was not the only game where hack monkeys would do this.

However, since nobody in the area would point this out to BT, somebody recently reported it and BWW is now on the proper feed and O'Hares shouldn't be making any more 80k scores. The group there actually played at two different sites this past Saturday, poor guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:11 pm 
Gettysburg

As a member of one of the few west coast "teams" that plays Playback quite often, I can say it will be nice to not play for second (in the west) for what I hope is a while.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:20 pm 
For For Texters

Thanks for the info guys. I was glad to see they're not up there lately. If you earned it great, but if you're cheating the whole west coast feed, week after week after week, that's pretty lame...