New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BWW-Kent Becoming a Zombie Location
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I had considered waiting to make this announcement until I knew more, but as I know it touches on a topic that concerns many people here, I thought those people would like to know now.

On Tuesday, the night manager at BWW-Kent informed one of my teammates that the location will be dropping Buzztime in November of 2019 (presumably when its contract with BT runs out). I was not there for the conversation, but I was told that the manager said BT is charging the location $200 to repair malfunctioning boxes, and that BWW insists that this is in breach of contract, and that they will not be paying anything to repair or replace them. He had alerted me to the possibility as early as last February, but the word apparently had just come down this past week.

While this is another data point for the seemingly tenuous relationship that BT has with BWW, it also means that the peripatetic Fellowship team will be wandering off once again at some point (TBD, but possibly at the start of the new year). We will likely be decamping to The Red Fox Grill in Cuyahoga Falls. For those keeping score at home, this will make the seventh official location at which The Fellowship will have played (RIP Bennigans-Cuyahoga Falls, Damon's-Stow, Damon's-Twinsburg, Damon's-Independence, Stringz & Wingz; and farewell, BWW-Kent).

What I don't know is whether this decision comes from the franchise group level or the corporate level. In the past, the manager at BWW-Kent has been uncertain about how high up this decision was being made. He was pretty sure that it was higher than the individual store level, because he said the management there loves having us.

Just FYI. I'll let you know more if I hear more.

Last edited by ANON on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: BWW-Kent Becoming a Zombie Location
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:59 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Our BWW has been paying those prices for a few months now to get replacement tablets.
Our franchise of about 15 stores has decided they will pay the fees, they know the value of our group coming in 2-3 nights a week plus all the solo players.

I guess other franchises don't get it.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:41 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

And yet....for Buzztime to annoy BWW by charging fees for repairing boxes that ought to be working anyway is tantamount to suicide.
X

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:58 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Sad to read. The New Edinburgh Pub in Ottawa ON used to have a pretty good ntn Trivia gang, but when it was sold and replaced by a condo unit, we dispersed to Whispers (joining a strong group formerly at Puzzles), Broadway Nepean (in a suburb of Ottawa), and Moose McGuire's (conveniently close for 4 of us, but hard to concentrate with a very loud karaoke and competing local pub trivia group in the next room, so some of us are now making the trek to Buster's Bar to join other former New Eddies). At Moose McGuire's, making the quorum of 6 needed for SHOWDOWN games was possible by playing multiple boards, but the lack of diversity in Players made it less fun and harder to score well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:02 am 
Centenarian

REACH wrote:
..the lack of diversity in Players...
Have you considered an affirmative action plan?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:27 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

REACH wrote:
Sad to read. The New Edinburgh Pub in Ottawa ON used to have a pretty good ntn Trivia gang, but when it was sold and replaced by a condo unit, we dispersed to Whispers (joining a strong group formerly at Puzzles), Broadway Nepean (in a suburb of Ottawa), and Moose McGuire's (conveniently close for 4 of us, but hard to concentrate with a very loud karaoke and competing local pub trivia group in the next room, so some of us are now making the trek to Buster's Bar to join other former New Eddies). At Moose McGuire's, making the quorum of 6 needed for SHOWDOWN games was possible by playing multiple boards, but the lack of diversity in Players made it less fun and harder to score well.

You certainly seem to have landed on your feet, at least! Congrats on your great run in the Sandbag Tournament.

While being forced to move is certainly an annoyance, looking at it from the positive side, every move we have made has allowed us to pick up some new players. Some of the regulars at the new places (understandably) resented us when we invaded, but others have become some of our most stalwart members, moving on with us to subsequent locations. I suspect a few of the BWW-Kent regulars will not follow us to the Red Fox, but I also think some of the others will. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. FWIW, one of the two BWW stores in the largest city in Buzztime's Horribly Site-Poor Backyard has confirmed the information in the OP. Unless by some miracle more independent sites crop up around here :roll:, November 2019 is looking more and more like the end of this lil old grump's regular banging away, other than the more or less usual visits to his home site, Sin City and The Valley of The Sun. :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:44 pm 
Lotsa Posta

It's getting more ridiculous by the day. :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:17 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Is this charge-for-repair thing only happening at BWW's, or is it happening everywhere?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:04 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rackme32 wrote:
Is this charge-for-repair thing only happening at BWW's, or is it happening everywhere?

I assume it is everywhere. The issue, I gather, is that BWW says BT is in breach of a long standing contract regarding repairs. Perhaps BT is arguing that those contracts pertained to the older boxes and not the new playmaker pads, which do other things as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I don't know that the tablet fee is happening at all locations. I've only heard of the fee at a few BWW franchises so far.

Maybe in lieu of a monthly rate increase that BWW refused to pay, BT implemented the fix/replace fee to cover the much higher expenses incurred with the tablets.

Coins pub recently got some new tablets, I didn't hear of any fees they had to pay. I think it's just BWW so far.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!