New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Showdown not working
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:42 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I am at Mad River. We are not getting the game. Is anyone else having this problem?

Post subject: Re: Showdown not working
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Showdown appears to be running fine at Stained Glass Pub Silver Spring MD.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:39 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I've never seen what I saw tonight at Mad River. We got the games prior to Showdown, though we got what seemed to be a bit of a freeze after some of the ChiveTV ads. We got nothing for Showdown, though the boxes indicated questions were being asked. The screens did not completely freeze though, it was showing two combinations of the Buzztime/bar logo. The most bizarre part of it, though, was that after an hour of no Showdown, Glory Daze then came on.

It was like the trivia gods punished us for the sacrilege of getting a perfect team score in Brainbuster :(.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:18 am 
Lotsa Posta

We had problems at Pineapple Hill as well due to the system freezing, but we were still being prompted for input. We rebooted the system and everything was fine from the reboot login. We did miss most of the first round, but did manage to play the rest of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:50 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

this happened to us on friday for spotlight. it was just as stro described then the people at rivals rebooted and the game picked up at the start of the second round.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hmmm...we did not have any problems with the games, but we noticed that in between rounds there were disconcertingly long periods when the screen was completely blank. Did anyone else experience this? If so, I wonder if these might be related.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:13 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

ANON wrote:
Hmmm...we did not have any problems with the games, but we noticed that in between rounds there were disconcertingly long periods when the screen was completely blank. Did anyone else experience this? If so, I wonder if these might be related.

We never got a blank screen, but twice we got a somewhat distorted screen with the Buzztime logo on it that seemed frozen for a "disconcertingly long period" after a ChiveTV ad. However. that was not consistent, sometimes it happened after ChiveTV, sometimes it didn't.

“When I see the right and the ability to do everything granted to any power whatsoever, whether it is called people or king, democracy or aristocracy . . ., I say: there is the seed of tyranny, and I seek to go live under other laws.” --de Tocqueville

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:15 am 
Lotsa Posta

STRO wrote:
ANON wrote:

We never got a blank screen, but twice we got a somewhat distorted screen with the Buzztime logo on it that seemed frozen for a "disconcertingly long period" after a ChiveTV ad. However. that was not consistent, sometimes it happened after ChiveTV, sometimes it didn't.

There was some kind of systemic failure Wednesday, March 6, at about 5:35 PM CST. It knocked out Countdown at both B-52 and Ray J's, ten miles up the road.

The game was restored in time for the premium games that night, but ever since some of the blue Buzztime screens have been messed up, and the blank screens sometimes last so long that yesterday my companion, walking in ahead of me, complained to management that the game must be off-line. (It wasn't, but the pauses can be disconcerting.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:55 am 
Lotsa Posta

We only got one perfect score n Brainbuster, so our punishment was less. We saw the same symptoms as Mad River, but after missing round one, the questions reappeared and our boards did a rolling reactivation in round 2. After that normal.

I would recommend that due to widespread and differing effects around the country, the week be discarded for McCarthy Cup purposes. Has there been any word?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:10 am 
Lotsa Posta

URGENT: At least for Teasers, the scores on the Buzztme site are not correct!. This will have an effect for McCarthy Cup. How many places had this occur?

First, during the blacked out first round, while no question appeared on the screen, opportunities to answer appeared on boards. Six of our boxes got between 500 and 1500 points before we tired of the exercise. In each case, when the screens came back on, those points disappeared and points calculated normally from there. Quark, for example, had 35,100 in the remaining game, but is listed in the Buzztime HOF with 1000 points on the night.

Further, the computer cannot even do arithmetic! Taking our top 5 board listed, our average becomes 32,843 and Buzztime HOF lists us at 29,358.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
Further, the computer cannot even do arithmetic! Taking our top 5 board listed, our average becomes 32,843 and Buzztime HOF lists us at 29,358.

For Showdown, the team score is an average of the top six boxes. It is my understanding that NTN started doing that almost 20 years ago in response to the super team at National Sports Grill, but I could be wrong about that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm 
Centenarian

https://www.buzztime.com/sites/premium/ ... /all/1/200

"The Site Score Average is calculated as the sum of top 5 scores divided by 5."
But who knows? The NTN site is a mess.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Shakes wrote:
https://www.buzztime.com/sites/premium/84/all/all/all/1/200

"The Site Score Average is calculated as the sum of top 5 scores divided by 5."
But who knows? The NTN site is a mess.

That's a boilerplate footnote they have at the bottom of every HOF page. Showdown, however, has long been an exception to this rule.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 pm 
Centenarian

Using Buffalo Wild Wings Crystal City as the subject, their most recent top Showdown score of 52858 is indeed an average of the top 6 boxes.

Advantage: ANON

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:46 pm 
Himself Fodder

Merkin wrote:

ANON wrote:
For Showdown, the team score is an average of the top six boxes. It is my understanding that NTN started doing that almost 20 years ago in response to the super team at National Sports Grill, but I could be wrong about that.

ANON is correct, I was in on the conference call that made the decision. This was back in the good ol' days when NTN/BT valued input from their serious players.

At first I found it humorous that MERKIN thought the math was bad, but I suppose unless you actually do the math, one wouldn't know. I think at one time it was mentioned on the SD page but doesn't seem to be now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:21 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
ANON is correct, I was in on the conference call that made the decision. This was back in the good ol' days when NTN/BT valued input from their serious players.

At first I found it humorous that MERKIN thought the math was bad, but I suppose unless you actually do the math, one wouldn't know. I think at one time it was mentioned on the SD page but doesn't seem to be now.

BO, Stadium Cafe was one of the McCarthy Cup contenders that is showing no score for Tuesday's Showdown game. Did you play, and if so, did you have any problem with the game?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 am 
Himself Fodder

STRO wrote:
-BO- wrote:

BO, Stadium Cafe was one of the McCarthy Cup contenders that is showing no score for Tuesday's Showdown game. Did you play, and if so, did you have any problem with the game?

I was unable to attend, but did notice they played BB but no score on the HOF or player profiles for SD. I can inquire for sure if need be.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:40 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
I can inquire for sure if need be.

Yes, if you could. Timur said he would decide today whether or not last Tuesday's scores would count for McCarthy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:24 pm 
Lotsa Posta

-BO- wrote:
Merkin wrote:

ANON wrote:

And, as I noted before:

First, during the blacked out first round, while no question appeared on the screen, opportunities to answer appeared on boards. Six of our boxes got between 500 and 1500 points before we tired of the exercise. In each case, when the screens came back on, those points disappeared and points calculated normally from there. Quark, for example, had 35,100 in the remaining game, but is listed in the Buzztime HOF with 1000 points on the night.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:54 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

(Deleted due to post to wrong thread)