New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Preannouncement for the 13th Annual Sandbag Tournament
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:08 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Since it is getting around that time of the year, I've decided to make a brief announcement about the next Sandbag tournament. The official announcement will come next week, no sooner than August 14.

1) The tournament will begin no earlier than September 3, and if someone has a good reason to begin the tournament later than that, speak now or forever hold your peace.

2) Jewish holidays are a bit more complicated than usual this years because they will be later than usual, and as many as three are arguably within the tournament period. Additionally, these holidays will take place during the knockout rounds, when it is possible that none of the affected teams may be affected by them. If anyone has a contribution to make on this subject, again, speak now or forever hold your peace.

3) Finally, while I do not envision any major changes in the rules that have applied in past years, I would like to hear any suggestions for changes in the rules prior to announcing them. So, last but not least, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Any comments need to be made by the start of Showdown, August 16, 2019 to be considered.

Post subject: Re: Preannouncement for the 13th Annual Sandbag Tournament
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:20 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Regarding Jewish holidays, I believe we should respect Yom Kippur, where the object of the day is to refrain from daily brouhaha (I think that is a literal translation from II Judges or Leviticus) and not have the tournament that night. I think we can work around Sukkot, etc.

Post subject: Re: Preannouncement for the 13th Annual Sandbag Tournament
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:56 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I will post the announcement and rules for the Sandbagger tournament on Friday, August 16.