New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Showdown 9/15
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 am 
Centenarian

Was anybody able to finish last night's game of Showdown? Our system at Tower Pub was behaving erratically with differences of around 15 seconds between the tablets and the TV screen display.

I noticed it was about 8:21 when we finished the Lightning round and started wondering if we would run out of time. Sure enough, just as the break after the Pyramid round should have ended, the Glory Daze game started.

I don't see any scores for last night's games on the Buzztime website, including Brainbuster, which seemed to go off without a hitch.

GRIFF

Post subject: Re: Showdown 9/15
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:41 am 
The Loneliest Number

Hankos Portland experienced similar. Showdown started late. On many questions we answered correctly but got no points. During warmup, everyone answered 9 of 10 correctly, but we sat at 2500 across the board. There were long delays for some screen transitions. I think we answered one Pyramid question and then Gory Daze cut in. Indeed, the reason I am logged in here today is to learn whether the problems were local or systemic. It looks systemic.

Time to report the errors to Buzztime.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

How were the games after Showdown, ok with rankings? Or not?

Today lunchtime is running ok but no rankings are coming up.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:12 am 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

Last night was a disaster. For Time Out: questions were skipped; correct answers got zero points; Final Showdown skipped. Just a disaster. I am afraid this is NTN on a morphine drip and has a death-rattle. I have no confidence it will get any better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

It’s all fixed as of noon, 9am pacific. We just had to wait on someone from BT to start working from home this morning and notice the glitch.

All is well for lunchtime, game running properly with all rankings.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:23 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Mad River could not play Showdown, playing app-based, but we saw no ranking for the 7:00 Countdown,
7:30 Sports or 8:00 Brainbuster. None of these scores posted to the location register. and Brainbuster/Showdown scores
did not report did not post under Premium games (as of 12:20PM EST).

However, the Lunchtime Trivia games are now showing network team and individual scores. I will check later on today for
Countdown, and Mad River will play the premium games tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:18 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I concur with Hammer and other posters. No final scores, interrupted Showdown, just a mess at Walsh's as well as other places. The night was a write off. Bud's report gives me hope for tonight and especially tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

We played Six, and we had one skipped question in the third round, something like "Armenia borders what side of Georgia." The game jumped to the next question before we could put in an answer, and we lost the bonus, something that did not appear to happen to Teaser's given their stellar winning score. No big deal for this game, but something like that could be the separator between Ohio and Illinois the next two Thursdays.

The History game went completely berserk for us, with screens showing no game, you're ready to play, with a rare glimpse of questions and a rarer glimpse of answers every few seconds

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Didn’t play Six or History but Lex worked fine with rankings including Scooby’s perfect 10k from Mad River. So I guess Stro your trouble playing on the app from home through Mad River was resolved?

Did the trouble you mentioned happen to everyone playing on the app through Mad River?

Any other players have feed trouble on Six tonight?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:05 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Didn’t play Six or History but Lex worked fine with rankings including Scooby’s perfect 10k from Mad River. So I guess Stro your trouble playing on the app from home through Mad River was resolved?

Did the trouble you mentioned happen to everyone playing on the app through Mad River?

I found out this morning that the history game was OK for the second half of the game and for Lexitopia.

When it was acting up, though, it acted up for all boxes playing at the time, though not in unison. At any moment in time, I would have a couple boxes saying no game, and a couple saying you are ready, mixed in with rarer actual questions and answers (some partial, some not).

“When I see the right and the ability to do everything granted to any power whatsoever, whether it is called people or king, democracy or aristocracy . . ., I say: there is the seed of tyranny, and I seek to go live under other laws.” --de Tocqueville

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:11 pm 
Lotsa Posta

All games were normal at Teasers, technically. The Sci-Fi game was a recent rerun but all other 'premium' games were not recognizable.