New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Showdown Clusterfornication
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:25 pm 

No Showdown at Moonraker Battle Creek tonight. Brainbuster went fine (though I was so far off my game it wasn't funny), but it rolled right into Countdown for the next game. Interestingly, there were network scores (given the averages, I have to assume only one player per included location), but the locations were not the usual suspects - it even included a "Virtual Location", listed as being in Carlsbad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Librty wrote:
No Showdown at Moonraker Battle Creek tonight. Brainbuster went fine (though I was so far off my game it wasn't funny), but it rolled right into Countdown for the next game. Interestingly, there were network scores (given the averages, I have to assume only one player per included location), but the locations were not the usual suspects - it even included a "Virtual Location", listed as being in Carlsbad.

Hey Liberty, welcome back, been a long time since you were on here or played BT it seems.

Lots of things to get caught up on.
1st Moonraker is one of the new streaming only no boxes bars. Play on the app only. Of course the app does not get Showdown or Spotlight. So when those games are on elsewhere at regular bars CD is played at Streaming bars (also known as Lite bars).

2nd there are 4 virtual bars across the country but the Carlsbad one is the only one that gets any games other than Buzztime Mini. Virtual bars aren’t there, they can be accessed by the app only from up to 200 miles away except Carlsbad.

Plenty you should read on here esp about the new owner of BT and remote from home play.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I think it happened again tonight. Scoring was screwed up—our top score was 64k+. Categories did not match questions. No final rankings. What was everyone’s final question?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:48 am 

We had the same issues with Showdown at Time Out West, Hanover Park, IL. Category Round topics not matching actual questions. Our Final Question category was "Animal Species". The question we got was "Who sang 'You've Got a Friend'?". We correctly answered James Taylor.

Showdown seemed to be running a little slow. At the end of the game we didn't get Network Rankings. It pretty quickly went into Glory Daze. I saw on the Buzztime online site today that the final question bonus didn't show up in the individual scores. The scores reported are just what you had going into the Final Question.

I know you handled this last time, Anon. Are you going to contact Buzztime?

Reb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

reb6 wrote:
We had the same issues with Showdown at Time Out West, Hanover Park, IL. Category Round topics not matching actual questions. Our Final Question category was "Animal Species". The question we got was "Who sang 'You've Got a Friend'?". We correctly answered James Taylor.

Showdown seemed to be running a little slow. At the end of the game we didn't get Network Rankings. It pretty quickly went into Glory Daze. I saw on the Buzztime online site today that the final question bonus didn't show up in the individual scores. The scores reported are just what you had going into the Final Question.

I know you handled this last time, Anon. Are you going to contact Buzztime?

Reb

Thanks, Reb--just as suspected, it looks like we got different questions. The scoring/network rankings/not counting final questions are all the same as last time, too. I'll drop a line to Buzztime, but it might help if others do so, too, to get their attention.

By the way, congrats on the win in Brainbuster, Reb! We thought that was a tough game. Please give my best to your team for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:30 pm 
Lotsa Posta

And as I commented on FB, our last question in Animal Species was "Who invented the stapler"? :mrgreen: