New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Herrill Lanes
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:39 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

The manager of Herrill Lanes approached us early tonight and told us the business was changing
ownership and that we shouldn't expect the game to be there next week. If that's the case--
we finished strong.

Of course, we can continue to play the non-Showdown games remotely and we shall, but we probably
won't be playing Showdown in the near future, or maybe ever. But even if tonight was the last time, we
appreciated the chance to use a little technology and some long solo bus rides to give some of our more senior players
one last chance to play Showdown again.

“When I see the right and the ability to do everything granted to any power whatsoever, whether it is called people or king, democracy or aristocracy . . ., I say: there is the seed of tyranny, and I seek to go live under other laws.” --de Tocqueville

Post subject: Re: Herrill Lanes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:58 pm 
Himself Fodder

Sorry to hear it STRO, you guys have been getting it up the butt from all ends lately it seems.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:01 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

That is bad news. The only place anywhere near NYC that can get Showdown joins the list of dropped.

At least I got to join you all for a Showdown game and check out the hybrid game before it was over. The hybrid on zoom worked well. The only small complaint would be seeing the questions in a relatively small zoom box. It worked well enough for me to see.

No, it wasn’t this recent win by Herrill Lanes that I joined. I joined a few weeks ago and there was nothing but brain power being used in case anyone was wondering. Thanks for inviting me to that game Ed.

I will be interested to see where you all end up for the Wed and Thur games.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:06 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Per Herrill Lanes, we have no bad feelings about them dropping the game; they were always nice to us and we were grateful for the chance they gave us. It didn't make any financial sense for them; we were the only ones playing it. It was coming on the one year mark, so they dropped it when we thought that likely.

One good thing about remote play is that we can and have moved a team fifty or more miles to another location within five minutes. Try doing that in the flesh. We will hopefully make a pretty sizable jump to a new home next Tuesday night for Brainbuster; it will be in New Jersey, barely.

Per misfortunes, if COVID didn't stop us, and no locations in NYC didn't stop us, nothing anyone in Ohio does is going to stop us, either.

It was a pleasure having you, Bud, and you knew more than a few answers. Just yell if you want to see us in the new place.

“When I see the right and the ability to do everything granted to any power whatsoever, whether it is called people or king, democracy or aristocracy . . ., I say: there is the seed of tyranny, and I seek to go live under other laws.” --de Tocqueville