New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Travelling Trophy February, 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:51 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I have come to the conclusion that my home bar is the "red headed step child" again for the traveling trophy. It seems like the rep says one thing and forgets what they said in making the league. Again, the Blue Goose was left out of a "Buzztime" selected event AKA the Buckeye Cup. There are a couple places in the area to play, but to me, we get to have the "go to another place and play" instead of being loyal to our local establishment.

Who knows any more.

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

Post subject: Re: Travelling Trophy February, 2011
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:52 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

teverett wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that my home bar is the "red headed step child" again for the traveling trophy. It seems like the rep says one thing and forgets what they said in making the league. Again, the Blue Goose was left out of a "Buzztime" selected event AKA the Buckeye Cup. There are a couple places in the area to play, but to me, we get to have the "go to another place and play" instead of being loyal to our local establishment.

Who knows any more.

I'm kind of peeved at this, too. The last time the BT reps were at Damon's, I asked them specifically to include Blue Goose the next time around, and I thought the issue was resolved. I'll send an email, but I'm not sure it will do any good. I'm truly sorry--Blue Goose really needs to be included in these things.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:57 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

ANON wrote:
teverett wrote:

Who knows any more.

I'm kind of peeved at this, too. The last time the BT reps were at Damon's, I asked them specifically to include Blue Goose the next time around, and I thought the issue was resolved. I'll send an email, but I'm not sure it will do any good. I'm truly sorry--Blue Goose really needs to be included in these things.

I did send an e-mail to Buzztime. Ironically, when they were in town for the live trivia at Bargos, they said they would include us - makes me wonder what is really going on in Carlsbad...

Who knows....

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:53 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

It is certainly a peculiar system, with no obvious logic to it. Competing for something, even if it is only an engraved square to put on a traveling cup, does get more people out and playing. There should be a major one for the site with the highest annual average, and perhaps excluding some of the top locations to give others a chance for these regional ones makes some sense - though not much. However many of the top locations are included, so that does not seem to be the reason. Why not simply open the tournament to all locations, with state or regional trophies for the areas they cover? It would be great if someone from Buzztime could reply to this.

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things!" - Alexander Pope, 1712.

"Beauty is truth, and truth beauty", John Keats, 1820.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:29 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

As usual, none of the bars in the Chicago area that actually play Showdown are in this tournament.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:34 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
As usual, none of the bars in the Chicago area that actually play Showdown are in this tournament.

I have to laugh at the canned e-mail I received from Buzztime and my latest response I sent this morning - I will share with you all...

Valerie,

Thank you for your response. However, I met the rep for Ohio at the Bargo's live trivia event in the fall, asked her (forgot her name at the moment) if we would be placed in the next tournament and what the criteria was. She said we would be and in looking on Monday, we were not. I am a person where my word is my word.

I did some research on the bars who are in the Buckeye Cup this time around. 5 of the 23 have actually been playing Showdown in the past 6 months with some consistency. Does each rep have the same criteria for choosing? I am still upset about this, as we at the Blue Goose have not been in a "Account Executive" selected tournament in over 2 years. We are a group of dedicated players that play on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

If you could pass this on, I would greatly appreciate it. Buzztime has a good product, but needs to really consider who pays for the rent for the bar/restaurants for the boxes. It is we the Players Plus players. If we, the players, do not play the games at the bars, the bars will remove the system.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Tiffany

"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is a beauty, admire it. Life is bliss, taste it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is costly, care for it. Life is wealth, keep it. Life is love, enjoy it. Life is mystery, know it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is too precious, do not destroy it. Life is life, fight for it!" Mother Theresa

To: rooroo2@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:10:04 -0800
Subject: Your Buzztime Account

Hello,

We will pass your message along. It is the account executives that choose which locations are in these tournaments, and they usually have a reason as to why certain locations are chosen. But they will also add in locations, that are suggested, when they can.

All the Best,

Buzztime Staff

From: Buzztime - Play Along Television [mailto:publish@buzztime.com]
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 2:30 PM
To: Customer Care
Subject: New entry added

A new entry has been added to Contact The Gurus and contains the following data
Select a Category: : Complaint
Username: : rooroo2
Email: : rooroo2@hotmail.com
Confirm Email: : rooroo2@hotmail.com
Comments: : It is very disheartening again to see that the Blue Goose is not in a "Buzztime" sanctioned tournament. You might as well just keep the Buckeye Cup in Twinsburg because they are consistently in the top 10. Never mind that the Blue Goose in Cincinnati is ranked in the top 50 in Showdown and in the top 20 in Wednesday Six.

We know that the primary customer is the "bar or restaurant", but your secondary customer is us the player. We would appreciate a bone or two.

Thanks,

Tiffany Everett

Do they forget who pays indirectly the rent on the boxes? It is we the players...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hells bells. :evil:

Apparently NTN Buzztime can't see fit to include other than Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ventura counties in the "Best Coast Classic"...not even its very own (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard, San Diego County. Image Image

<--not to mention, the rest of The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State... :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:07 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Since the snow/ice storm closed the the main bars/restaraunts in the Gateway Trophy (Side Pockets, Laclede Street (or Hooters Keiner Plz), Titled Kilt, The Edge, Baxters), well the only place that was open (Schatzes in Belleville, IL) posted a score and take a mild lead til this tuesday when the other will play.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:19 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Hells bells. :evil:

Apparently NTN Buzztime can't see fit to include other than Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ventura counties in the "Best Coast Classic"...not even its very own (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard, San Diego County. Image Image

<--not to mention, the rest of The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State... :roll:

Damon's Twinsburg has not shown up the past two weeks. However, I saw another Damon's (Independence) on the board tonight - did the fellowship move? Anyone?? Anyone?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:04 am 
Scarcolyte

Yes, the Fellowship has temporarily decamped to Independence because of a breakdown of the AV system in Twinsburg. Having been forced to miss Week 1 of the tournament because of a blizzard (and those hardy souls who did show up had to leave before Showdown because the bar closed at 8 p.m.), we had to vote to either move it or lose it. So we will be Independent Fellowship of Independence for February.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Here are the Gateway Trophy rankings after 2 weeks:

Rank Home Site City State Score
1 Hooters of St. Louis Kiener Plaza St. Louis MO 40214
2 Tilted KIlt Arnold MO 34264
3 Baxters Fairview Heights IL 31703
4 Side Pockets St Charles Saint Charles MO 9279

Bold= My Home Bar

BTW Players at Hooters of St Louis Kiener Plaza are GRIFF/GLIFF, SNAKE, VIN/QUMALT from the Laclede St Bar and Grill crew.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO