New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Buzztime's Smartest Bar promotion
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:51 am 
King or Queen Postalot

http://www.buzztime.com/smartest/home.html

From my e-mail this morning. How it appears to work is you play SIX on Wednesdays in June (which has 5) and/or September (which has 4). Your four best bar scores are added together, and if your bar is in the top 3 for your region during either of those months, you win a little trophy, a little party, some swag, and a berth in the finals. There's also a wild card berth based on "participation score", which is the aggregate total of every score posted by every player at that site during each month

Finals run during the five Wednesdays in November, with the same best-four-out-of-five bar scores determining the top three bars, who will win a bigger trophy, bigger etc. Top site at the end gets a $2000 Expedia card to fight over, too

Regions are:
1) AK, YT, BC, WA, OR, NV, CA, HI
2) NT, AB, SK, ID, MT, WY, UT, CO, AZ, NM
3) NU, MB, ON, MN, ND, SD, NB
4) WI, IA, IL
5) KS, OK, MO, AR, TN, MS, AL
6) Texas and Louisiana
7) QC*, Atlantic Canada, ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, DE, PA*
8) OH, WV, VA, MD, NC
9) MI*, IN, KY
10) SC, GA, FL
* eligible to play and be declared winners, but not to receive prizes, due to state or provincial law

Thoughts? Participation? Grumblings? I'm going to see about getting Rembrandts on board for this, as we usually focus on the Thursday game. Region 9 is likely unbalanced, since it's so small, and Michigan players can't play for anything more than glory. I would've put Ontario here, since the bulk of the province is on eastern time, and that's roughly how the regions are drawn

Post subject: Re: Buzztime's Smartest Bar promotion
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:31 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

i thought the rules were very poorly written, but i understood them the same as you did. even though our group at west park station concentrates on thursdays as well we have played the wednesday six tournaments. more often than not west park station was not included in these tournaments and we had to go somewhere else. the last place we played at kept the swag we won, totally uncool.

we will play in this tournament as our guys really like to compete in tournaments. the november finals should be something. finally there will be a six tournament with the top teams playing against each other.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:01 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

One thing before the first standings goes up is:

EVERY BAR (include the franchises like B-Dubs, Damons, Hooters, et all) is in this competition. Right?

If so, CST2 (IL, WI, IA) leaders is BWW-Elmerst, IL which was showing in the top 20 last night.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Between borging & the phone app cheat, I doubt that we find who is really the "Smartest Bar".

Not that my bar would do well (since it's only me) anyway. Drunkest...not even that, since who can afford to get drunk at a BWW.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
Between borging & the phone app cheat, I doubt that we find who is really the "Smartest Bar".

Not that my bar would do well (since it's only me) anyway. Drunkest...not even that, since who can afford to get drunk at a BWW.

With $5 Margarita pitchers on Wednesdays at Baxters, People can get affordable drunk there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

$5 pitchers of any alcohol = ROAD TRIP!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The Smartest Bar Rankings wasn't post yet but the Premium Games results is. So I collected the SIX results from IL, IA and WI (CST2 Region) and made an excell file and sort em and here is what I came up as for a top 10:

Rank* Site Score City State
14 Buffalo Wild Wings 56,824 Elmhurst IL
25 Buffalo Wild Wings 53,920 Ames IA
26 Buffalo Wild Wings 53,852 Wauwatosa WI
43 Cool River 52,196 Homer Glen IL
45 The Village Inn 51,914 Skokie IL
56 Old Chicago 50,200 Coralville IA
61 Stonewood Ale House 49,876 Schaumburg IL
70 Teasers 49,182 Chicago IL
73 Baxters 48,943 Fairview Heights IL
74 Peppers Grill and Sports Pub 48,685 Cedar Falls IA

* - national ranking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:52 am 
Lotsa Posta

Out of curiosity, isn't the bar average for Six supposed to be the top six scores, rather than five?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:58 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
Out of curiosity, isn't the bar average for Six supposed to be the top six scores, rather than five?

Its the top 5 scores for each bar. its only SD that is top 6 scores.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I was right on the standings for my region. COOL

MitchWolf wrote:
Rank* Site Score City State
14 Buffalo Wild Wings 56,824 Elmhurst IL
25 Buffalo Wild Wings 53,920 Ames IA
26 Buffalo Wild Wings 53,852 Wauwatosa WI
43 Cool River 52,196 Homer Glen IL
45 The Village Inn 51,914 Skokie IL
56 Old Chicago 50,200 Coralville IA
61 Stonewood Ale House 49,876 Schaumburg IL
70 Teasers 49,182 Chicago IL
73 Baxters 48,943 Fairview Heights IL
74 Peppers Grill and Sports Pub 48,685 Cedar Falls IA

* - national ranking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:06 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

8) OH, WV, VA, MD, NC

Although we did well for us, Ohio & Maryland put a bunch of scores ahead. NC had one as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:10 pm 
Colt

Any plans for the team from George Wellington Esquire Club to play at George Wellington Esquire Club
this week? Well-played on being second in CST1, how's the lag over at Break A Ways Bar and Grill? Maybe y'all are not cheating, as my Buzztime forensics are lacking, but it just smells fishy, and I could be wrong. Let's see your score from George Wellington Esquire Club next Wednesday, eh?

bacho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:59 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

Good knowledge to all sites not named Effingbar tonight! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:40 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Who the hell is Noble's Bar in MD that has won two weeks in a row? I am questioning because of the lag issues that are out there... Looking at past scores, it is like they decided to get a team together. Kind of interesting...

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

teverett wrote:
Who the hell is Noble's Bar in MD that has won two weeks in a row? I am questioning because of the lag issues that are out there... Looking at past scores, it is like they decided to get a team together. Kind of interesting...

I think BUD, in another thread, said that he thought they were pulling the phone app cheat.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:08 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

teverett wrote:

i think the crew at danny k's might feel a little slighted here since they won last week. noble's did not even win their region. they were 8th overall and 2nd in the region. but my concern here is that now everybody is accused of cheating and the only evidence is that they had good scores. this is exactly what happened to the damon's fellowship a few years back. i know that there are a whole lot of good players in maryland, so i just would not have jumped to that conclusion or made that implication.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:47 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
teverett wrote:

I think BUD, in another thread, said that he thought they were pulling the phone app cheat.

yeah that is true and I mention that they more players just to stay in contention, cheating or not.

Last nite Baxters had 16 players in Smartest Bar, ALL IN SITE and NO PHANTOM PLAYERS WHAT SO EVER.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:50 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

IDJIT5500 wrote:
teverett wrote:

i think the crew at danny k's might feel a little slighted here since they won last week. noble's did not even win their region. they were 8th overall and 2nd in the region. but my concern here is that now everybody is accused of cheating and the only evidence is that they had good scores. this is exactly what happened to the damon's fellowship a few years back. i know that there are a whole lot of good players in maryland, so i just would not have jumped to that conclusion or made that implication.

Just take a look at their bar's past history in Six and it will make you wonder... Almost no play and then boom....

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:37 am 
Centenarian

teverett wrote:

Just take a look at their bar's past history in Six and it will make you wonder... Almost no play and then boom....

Well then I'd say Buzztimes promotion is working! Getting folks out playing a game they don't normally play by making it a challenge with some possible prizes at the end. We don't normally play on Wednesday's either because we do live trivia Tuesday nights. But because of this promotion we've changed our trivia night. I think it's wrong to accuse them of cheating as well. Now, if they actually win then we can tar and feather em! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

TOOTS wrote:
teverett wrote:

Well then I'd say Buzztimes promotion is working! Getting folks out playing a game they don't normally play by making it a challenge with some possible prizes at the end. We don't normally play on Wednesday's either because we do live trivia Tuesday nights. But because of this promotion we've changed our trivia night. I think it's wrong to accuse them of cheating as well. Now, if they actually win then we can tar and feather em! :lol:

yeah TOOTS, that would we would be to Nobles's team...no champagne or confetti LMAOL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

IDJIT5500 wrote:
teverett wrote:

Come on Now IDJIT there is no comparison between you all and Nobles. I'm from MD and have gone to all the bars, I know everyone decent here and where they play. It's not that big. This one guy is not that good.

3 of the 5 players in the 1st week at Nobles are so new that they don't even have 5 games played and they pull these good scores out..please. Your guys had playing histories these people don't. Newbies can't do this 2 weeks in a row without outside help.

One person there MICHGAN does have a history including pulling some kind of trick in a prized game where he scored more than was possible. He is behind this whole thing, I'd say the old time cell phone gambit with someone at another bar. This was supposed to have been solved by synching the bars but that isn't happening anymore.

Last night's overall winner was "P+ new" from Nobles so if that isn't a red flag I don't know what is.

I called Nobles right after SIX ended last night and the bartender did say there was 3 -4 people playing last night. So we'll have to see what the scores show when they come up. So it might not be the new mobile PM trick but the old fashioned cell phone to a person at another bar.

Come on BT let's get the synch back.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:23 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Come on Now IDJIT there is no comparison between you all and Nobles. I'm from MD and have gone to all the bars, I know everyone decent here and where they play. It's not that big. This one guy is not that good.

3 of the 5 players in the 1st week at Nobles are so new that they don't even have 5 games played and they pull these good scores out..please. Your guys had playing histories these people don't. Newbies can't do this 2 weeks in a row without outside help.

One person there MICHGAN does have a history including pulling some kind of trick in a prized game where he scored more than was possible. He is behind this whole thing, I'd say the old time cell phone gambit with someone at another bar. This was supposed to have been solved by synching the bars but that isn't happening anymore.

Last night's overall winner was "P+ new" from Nobles so if that isn't a red flag I don't know what is.

I called Nobles right after SIX ended last night and the bartender did say there was 3 -4 people playing last night. So we'll have to see what the scores show when they come up. So it might not be the new mobile PM trick but the old fashioned cell phone to a person at another bar.

Come on BT let's get the synch back.[/quote]
i'm not a fellowship person. so it wasn't me or my team that was being accused back then. my team has never done well enough in showdown to be accused of cheating. my point is that there is a rush to judgment when a new team puts up a winning or high score.

even i have doubts in part because i think six is a game that has a bit of a learning curve to it. but my initial response is "who are these guys?" rather than "they must be using cell phones to cheat."

i do second your motion to get the synch back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Now we have last night's scores up, it's gets worse this week.

Nobles shows MICHGN with 4 completely new players who just signed up last night and played ONE game....SIX, along with NIZZLE who did play last week and that's it for 6 months. So they get #1 in North America....Come on don't fall for this BS IDJIT. This is not just some of the guys from Jillys or Bullwinkles or another bar in the area that have moved to a new bar for the tourney. I know them all.

This is MICHGN out and out cheating with cell phones/Ipads. He had 3 brand new names signed up last week and this week another different set of 4 brand new names. I don't understand why he had to make up 4 new ones? Why not just play the ones he made last week?

The question is what can be done about this? Call BT and ask them to set the synch better? Can they check the synch at one bar..Nobles? Their computer clock must be way behind. Would a reboot put it back on time?

Tom D if you're reading this could you look into getting their synch back in line with everyone else. I know it's not your area but could you pass it along to someone. Large prizes on the line here, the integrity of BT is at stake. :mrgreen: Thanks.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

Last edited by BUD on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 pm 
Octogenarian

IDJIT5500 wrote:
my point is that there is a rush to judgment when a new team puts up a winning or high score.

even i have doubts in part because i think six is a game that has a bit of a learning curve to it. but my initial response is "who are these guys?" rather than "they must be using cell phones to cheat."

The initial reaction (for me at least) is not to assume cheating when a new team or player puts up a high score. However, as BUD mentioned, this is not a new player, but a guy with a history of shenanigans.

Buzztime really needs to fix the mobile playmaker issue, as I do agree that it is causing mistrust and lack of faith in the entire system, and if nobody trusts that the games are legit, most people will just quit playing them.

Post subject: Re: Cheating in Buzztime's Smartest Bar promotion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:23 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scannon wrote:
IDJIT5500 wrote:
my point is that there is a rush to judgment when a new team puts up a winning or high score.

The initial reaction (for me at least) is not to assume cheating when a new team or player puts up a high score. However, as BUD mentioned, this is not a new player, but a guy with a history of shenanigans.

Buzztime really needs to fix the mobile playmaker issue, as I do agree that it is causing mistrust and lack of faith in the entire system, and if nobody trusts that the games are legit, most people will just quit playing them.

Yes, when I first saw the score from Nobles last week I thought.. oh must be some guys from Jillys or somewhere and expected to see names I know. However, when I saw 4 of the 5 were just signed up handles (most by phone) and the 5th was MICHGN I knew this was not legit. The 2nd week of 4 more "P+ new" handles makes it absolute.

But what to do?

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next