New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Smartest Bar bracket simulation
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:34 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

ANON wrote:
Congrats to West Park Station for winning the bracket simulation. What a monster score for both of the finalists!

thanks, anon. there is no dispute that mezzanine is the smartest bar for six, but we picked the right night to have our best six score ever. our best score ever was just barely good enough to win. we were very surprised and happy when we saw the rankings. wednesday was one of those days where it would have been really nice to see that rankings displayed again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:08 pm 
Ending Symphony

IDJIT5500 wrote:
ANON wrote:
Congrats to West Park Station for winning the bracket simulation. What a monster score for both of the finalists!

thanks, anon. there is no dispute that mezzanine is the smartest bar for six, but we picked the right night to have our best six score ever. our best score ever was just barely good enough to win. we were very surprised and happy when we saw the rankings. wednesday was one of those days where it would have been really nice to see that rankings displayed again.

Grats on the win; it was a very close game! You clipped us in the marathon round; we were perfect in the other three. I lost some points on one of the geography questions (the "which country borders russia" had two correct answers), but we missed most of our points on the Idaho question later in the round.

When the game is over, we figured we were good unless somebody played near perfect. Unfortunately for us you guys did. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:21 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

thanks slotek. we were not completely perfect in the matching round, we had three boxes with all of the matches, but one of the matches we had we knew two and and had the other answers swapped. i can't remember which one it was though.

you are right we cruised through the marathon round. i don't specifically recall the idaho question which means somebody knew the answer and i didn't have to think about anymore. it was my birthday wednesday and i was very unsober by then. i do recall there was a border question, but we were confident of the answer we picked and the clue confirmed. the last round was pretty easy judging by the scores. you have to get the bonus in the last round to have scores like everybody did.

buzztime indicates that there will be another smartest bar tournament next year. i hope so, i know are group will be very happy to play in it again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:34 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Cool y'all came through with enough posts to be on page two after a very long page one.

And now the display. Suitable for framing!

2011 Smartest Bar Bracket Simulation Final, 12/14/11:

3 Houston Texas Mezzanine - 64764
25 Cleveland Ohio West Park Station - 64936 <---

See you next year

Formula change for 2012: Locations which qualify in May and then play again in July and achieve a high enough score that would qualify them again were they not exempt, will have the better of their two scores applied toward their seed. This is conditional on whether, as in 2011, the exempt locations are still tallied in the second month's Buzztime Smartest Bar tally page.