New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thursday Six, 1-26-2012
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:44 am 
Centenarian

Forgive me for this post, but had to tell a bit of a story. I play with Mentat and others as part of the Coaches Crewe. We're a Showdown team, only played Six as part of the Smartest Bar promotion last year. Anyway, I (Scootr) happened to be in Albuquerque this evening, and texted Mentat to see if he'd like to play Six tonight. He, my girlfriend (Jax) and I got together, and we played 5 boxes in total. Now, our Showdown Crewe has been getting better and better (we finished 2nd in place points in 2011), but have not had a first-place national finish in many years in Showdown. It's a common joke on the team at this point.

I mention all of this, because.... Mentat, Jax, and I finished first in the game tonight! The questions just fell right into our Wheelhouse. How ironic, we've been playing for years waiting for a #1 on a premium game for Coaches, and just a tiny number of us (3 of about 15 regulars) pull it off in an impromptu get-together! Woohoo!! Yes, we know, the serious Six teams play on Wednesday. We'll still take it. BLZBUB (of Showdown recap fame) was thinking of coming, but passed. I don't have the heart to tell him we didn't need him :) Just kidding, he's an anchor for us.

And don't get me started on the Geeks Who Drink Quiz that started at Coaches later this evening. Mentat and I stayed as a 2-man team. Oh brother....

Sorry, you may resume your regular discussions....

Scootr (aka Joe M)

Post subject: Re: Thursday Six, 1-26-2012
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:30 am 
Lotsa Posta

diablo2112 wrote:
Forgive me for this post, but had to tell a bit of a story. I play with Mentat and others as part of the Coaches Crewe. We're a Showdown team, only played Six as part of the Smartest Bar promotion last year. Anyway, I (Scootr) happened to be in Albuquerque this evening, and texted Mentat to see if he'd like to play Six tonight. He, my girlfriend (Jax) and I got together, and we played 5 boxes in total. Now, our Showdown Crewe has been getting better and better (we finished 2nd in place points in 2011), but have not had a first-place national finish in many years in Showdown. It's a common joke on the team at this point.

I mention all of this, because.... Mentat, Jax, and I finished first in the game tonight! The questions just fell right into our Wheelhouse. How ironic, we've been playing for years waiting for a #1 on a premium game for Coaches, and just a tiny number of us (3 of about 15 regulars) pull it off in an impromptu get-together! Woohoo!! Yes, we know, the serious Six teams play on Wednesday. We'll still take it. BLZBUB (of Showdown recap fame) was thinking of coming, but passed. I don't have the heart to tell him we didn't need him :) Just kidding, he's an anchor for us.

And don't get me started on the Geeks Who Drink Quiz that started at Coaches later this evening. Mentat and I stayed as a 2-man team. Oh brother....

Sorry, you may resume your regular discussions....

Scootr (aka Joe M)

Congrats, Joe. Your team must have a pretty broad wheelhouse!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 am 

Yes, indeedy, that was fun. I'm glad Jax knew that shellac was some kind of beetle-goo. Joe and I would have crashed & burned on that one.

Duff
(aka Mentat)
(aka Fred S.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Congrats to Coaches! And I am sure a Showdown win is coming your way sometime soon, too. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Congrats, but in 1 month from now you can win every single premium game along with many other sites. I know I will make a mockery of BT, along with a few others..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:19 pm 

lewser wrote:
Congrats, but in 1 month from now you can win every single premium game along with many other sites. I know I will make a mockery of BT, along with a few others..

My first response to this was ... wha??? Then I saw the thread on the General Buzztime section and am apalled. Buzztime is in the processing of destroying their premium games. What a horrible, sad, miserable piece of news this is.

Duff