New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wednesday Six Feb. 22 2012
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:29 pm 
Centenarian

Doh! Final Six Sports had an appallingly bad error. Question was basically, in "Super Bowl XLVI" what do the roman numerals stand for? The correct answer - 46 - wasn't even on the board. After bleeding a few thousand points saying WTF, I went with the closest option, 44. Will post in the incorrect answers forum, too.

Post subject: Re: Wednesday Six Feb. 22 2012
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:40 pm 
Lotsa Posta

diablo2112 wrote:
Doh! Final Six Sports had an appallingly bad error. Question was basically, in "Super Bowl XLVI" what do the roman numerals stand for? The correct answer - 46 - wasn't even on the board. After bleeding a few thousand points saying WTF, I went with the closest option, 44. Will post in the incorrect answers forum, too.

Whoa - 46 was a possible answer for us. We didn't even have a chance to guess at whatever wrong answer they were looking for.

Who's more pissed about this? Strong sports teams that lost 10000 points or teams like us, who had none of our sports guys with us, only bet 1000 and were utterly thrilled when we saw the question?

Maybe this is BT's way of making me not give a damn that they're about to destroy their product...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:44 pm 
Centenarian

Akbar71 wrote:
Whoa - 46 was a possible answer for us.

Wow, really????? You got 46 as a possible answer? And I guess I didn't understand, did it give you credit for 46 when you choose that correct answer? That's really, really strange. Wonder what's going on here. Maybe a test of East Coast/West Coast Feeds? I'm very curious now, who got 46 as a possible answer and who didn't. I do note that someone beat me to the punch in the incorrect questions forum, and also noted this error.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

We knew it was 46 and it was a choice, #1 on our screens. We jumped on it and wasn't even watching until BT said it was 44. 0 pts.
We usually go 5k/6k on sports and did.

Way to Fuck up the last real Wed SIX game, nice knowing you all out west maybe we'll see you on the boards if you all happen to be playing early like around 3 to 430 your time.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:18 pm 
Lotsa Posta

diablo2112 wrote:
Akbar71 wrote:
Whoa - 46 was a possible answer for us.

Wow, really????? You got 46 as a possible answer? And I guess I didn't understand, did it give you credit for 46 when you choose that correct answer? That's really, really strange. Wonder what's going on here. Maybe a test of East Coast/West Coast Feeds? I'm very curious now, who got 46 as a possible answer and who didn't. I do note that someone beat me to the punch in the incorrect questions forum, and also noted this error.

No, no credit for it. Just poinjting out that the actual correct answer was, in fact, there. Really pissed us off.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:27 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

The choices at Broadway Station did not include 46. They started at 45 and then 44, and down from there. If I had thought about it, I would have realized that the person writing the question confused XLVI with XLIV, and I would have gone with 44. But we went with 45, the closest to 46. The scoreboard showed me that most people missed it. We also had naddaclue on the Hecate Strait, which sounded like Greece, so we went with Black Sea.
XT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I have wondered about some questions being wrong, or choices different for months. There was a question during the Season game, It said, "Which one of these players was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1995?"(Steve Young was the answer, and he was SUper Bowl MVP the following year, can't get in the Hall while still playing) I had zero to drink before that question. I sent a text to some friends in Houston and they said it said "2005." It absolutely said 1995 where I was playing.. Damn Buzztards..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:21 am 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
I have wondered about some questions being wrong, or choices different for months. There was a question during the Season game, It said, "Which one of these players was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1995?"(Steve Young was the answer, and he was SUper Bowl MVP the following year, can't get in the Hall while still playing) I had zero to drink before that question. I sent a text to some friends in Houston and they said it said "2005." It absolutely said 1995 where I was playing.. Damn Buzztards..

But how many non-blondes were there? :lol:

BO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

xtrain wrote:
The choices at Broadway Station did not include 46. They started at 45 and then 44, and down from there. If I had thought about it, I would have realized that the person writing the question confused XLVI with XLIV, and I would have gone with 44. But we went with 45, the closest to 46. The scoreboard showed me that most people missed it. We also had naddaclue on the Hecate Strait, which sounded like Greece, so we went with Black Sea.
XT

For us, I'm virtually positive that choice #1 was 44, choice #2 (the last to be eliminated) was 34, and choice #3 was 46. I can't recall what choice #4 was.

I recalled Hecate Strait being off of British Columbia, so we nailed that one; that was my 6000-pointer. In fact, we would have had a perfect final round were it not for BT's goof.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:47 am 
Nonagenarian

Location: Tavern on Main, El Segundo, CA; also play at Mr.B's, East Side Mario's
At Tavern on Main (California), the choices were
1) 45
2) ??
3) ??
4) 44

2 and 3 were something way off, not in the 40s. No 46 shown for us. I wish I had had my Buzztime dunce cap on when trying to interpret this answer and thought of the possible mix-up with VI and IV. As many of you did, I lost 10k on this question as I went 45.

This was my last Buzztime night before the split. What a fitting way to end it. I won't be playing again until Buzztime comes to their senses.

Christina/HEELAX/COGNAC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:30 am 
Lord of Scaratings

I had 6K on the Sports at a BWW in Hiram, Ga. 46 Was not a choice.

I bled down to 44 or 43 as the final seconds ticked away and randomly selected 43. Dumb move.

Twas funny, I asked for my tab and turned to a fellow I had just met and said "When you can't convert Roman numerals, it is time to go".

Driving home a ways (about 20 miles) I decided that BT had screwed it up, and I should have gone 44.

Oh, well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:52 am 
Lord of Scaratings

From BT's FAQ
Q: Can I write questions for your games?
A: If you are interested in applying for a position as a Writer here at Buzztime please visit the career section of our site. If you do not see any open positions at this time you may still submit your resume for future consideration. Our Content Department finds it most helpful when prospective writers indicate any specific areas of education, training or expertise that may be of use in producing trivia content.

I will modify my resume to including training on Roman numerals.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 am 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

At Teaser's we had 46 as a possible answer. We were all on 46. We were flabbergasted when we saw that the correct answer was supposedly 44. Was someone having fun with us out in Carlsbad?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:19 pm 
You, in C.

Well the 1st visit by Mr Ale, BYOTCH/TIMMAY and myself(joined by our newest teammate Monica/COWGRL/DORTHY) to Shannon's-Long Beach in several months, and quite possibly our last-ever visit, ended happily with a SIX location win, and 1 last round of celebratory Shoot the Roots; ask us if we care that yet another BT fuckup played a crucial part(well I had a perfect game going into that question, so *I* care . . a little . . but I probably digress . .) . . . whatever the circumstances, last night was the last time for the foreseeable future you will have seen us on a Wed. night; we're giving SIX one last go as a team tonight at Danny K's . . .

Darrell/GAMBIT